[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best state / city to live in the U.S? Google says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: human-biology-26150073.png (114KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
human-biology-26150073.png
114KB, 500x473px
What is the best state / city to live in the U.S? Google says Seattle or Ann Arbor.
>>
Best for what?
>>
>>18608675
I wouldn't say there's one state that superior in every way. It depends on what of climate, culture, location, population size, etc. you want.
>>
File: 1501257299543.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501257299543.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18608675
Japan so that you can see the kawaii uguu girls and watch anime with them desu
>>
File: NudeYogaSFW.jpg (34KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
NudeYogaSFW.jpg
34KB, 600x375px
>>18608678
Going to college, not be homeless, get a chill job, get a decent house in a neighborhood without thugs on every corner
>>18608686
anything that isn't blazing hot in the summer and has snow but not alaska in the winter, I think culture is cringe, not the south, not new york city level I get overwhelmed by crowds
>>
File: t0yuE.jpg (470KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
t0yuE.jpg
470KB, 1936x2592px
>>18608705
Japan looks like a nationalistic country and the only way you can barely be accepted as a social misfit is by learning the language, I don't like asian girls and also I'm not a fan of anime
>>
canada
>>
>>18608675
Seattle is a city, friend. Also, its terribly expensive because people like you that want to "live in the best place in the US" but don't have anything to bring and could give a shit about our local culture. So many city folk from around the world coming in and establishing themselves with their shitty East Coast business practices ruining the vibe for everyone here.

Fuck off to China so you can be ahead of the curve of innovation instead of a follower. The boom here ended like 10 years ago and the only people that are moving here are folk that don't get that.
>>
>>18608724
Still vague as shit, man. You've only eliminated like 12 states. I really don't think you know what you want. Do you even know what job you're looking for?
>>
>>18608675
>Ann Arbor

Ah yes, Michigan. Nothing shitty ever happens in Michigan.
>>
Ann Arbor is literally the best place to live and is also really close to Detroit if you're so inclined.
>>
>>18608751
Is Detroit going to pick up in the next decade or is it still like a post-apocalyptic movie?
>>
>>18608792
Detroit isn't going to be improving anytime soon.
>>
File: S6gsqVV.gif (1MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
S6gsqVV.gif
1MB, 320x181px
>>18608734
lol
>>18608738
Yeah who doesn't know that? Ok, and also I'm not Chinese
>>18608741
Probably right, I won't deny that possibility, most likely a job I can get with an economy / B&M degree
>>18608751
I heard Detroit is where people go to die
>>
Wisconsin

>hella low crime rate other than Milwaukee
>only real dangers are getting fat and snow
>outside of farm lands, theres at least 3 bars every mile you travel
>muh gun freedoms
>everyone is nice to you
>cheese
>state fairs
>lake swimming

theres just about nothing bad about living here.
>>
>>18608792
>>18608805

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYJ3bqSkN8
looks good to me
>>
>>18608825
Actually doesn't look so bad, I'll keep it on my list, tho I think I'd always be thinking about Jeffrey Dahmer and my old black tough-life slightly ghetto mid life crisis principal from Wisconsin
>>
>>18608820
I go there just for concerts...
>>
>>18608820
So? 75% of the people in Seattle are either Chinese, Indian, Korean, or pinoy and they weren't born here.
>>
>>18608861
I'm none of those but why does it matter if you were born there or not and why do you use so much emotion just to make a statement?
>>
>>18608876
I said "move to china" and the response was "i'm not chinese".

I don't know, probably because I'm a woman in a mans body or something
>>
I live in chicago, its not what everyone says it is. Ive fallen asleep on the train waking up a few hours later with nothing stolen not even the phone that was hanging out of my jacket pocket. Public transportation is really great, not as complicated as new york's and smells a bit better. very few "bad" neighborhoods. all the bad neighborhoods are being gentrified right now so you can pick one and a few years latter you can go to you spin classes or hot yoga down the street.
>>
>>18608916
also city life is great, all the sports teams (besides the bulls for now, the bears forever) are great if you want that. colleges/college life is pretty good. theres a lot of neighborhoods/communities to explore.
>>
>>18608876
And it doesn't matter. Could give a fuck where you are from as long as you are proud of it and willing to let some of it die. Theres a lot of folk, from no particular culture or nationality or country, that come to this area only to live as if they were still in their home country.

I've heard enough foreigners hate on drug normalization and same-sex relations to make me sick, like did you not do 5 seconds of research to see where you are moving to? Things are different here.
>>
>>18608738
Couldn't have said it better myself, fellow Puget Sound anon
>>
I agree with Seattle, actually. I'm from the East Bay (CA) though and that's pretty nice.
>>
File: 1492205506323.jpg (37KB, 507x390px) Image search: [Google]
1492205506323.jpg
37KB, 507x390px
>>18608738
This.
>>
>>18608916
Interesting, I'll do more research. What area's are you talking about?
>>18608928
Consider yourself lucky if you can complain about those things, I always consider myself lucky if I find myself complaining about frivolous things, it really helps. If people move to a place they have committed a lot and in my opinion have committed more than someone who has simply been born there. Although I do agree with adapting to a new environment not just physically but culturally as well, and can definitely understand your view point, and if it's something as extreme as Jihad etc. then that's totally understandable
>>18609358
Lots of Seattle here, have to do more research, 18608738 said it was "terribly expensive" which doesn't sound good
>>
>>18608675
Why do you say Ann Arbor? My boyfriend lives there and I'm considering moving there with him.
>>
File: A2_us_jll_com.jpg (66KB, 740x360px) Image search: [Google]
A2_us_jll_com.jpg
66KB, 740x360px
>>18610001
Google "best places to live in the u.s" and Ann Arbor ought to come up somewhere as a number 1 or 3
>>
>>18608675
Depends on what you want to do. Coastal towns typically have insane costs of living, so if you are just wanting to live a quiet, suburban life as, say, a plumber, then there's no particular reason to pick that town, as your income there won't get you as far as a small town in the midwest, where a journeyman plumber can live in the nicest part of a small town.
>>
>>18608724
Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton Ohio. look for smaller suburbs like Dublin near Columbus. lots of stuff to do, people to meet, snow in the winter and it doesn't get unbearably hot in the summer.
>>
Arizona would probably be the best one for the great gun laws, but it has some of the most nightmarish weather on this planet, so no.
>>
>>18610001
Have you visited him? It's a nice city.
>>
I live in Ann Arbor and hate it here.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.