[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop being jealous and petty? My parents always make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1426520067477.gif (1MB, 724x663px) Image search: [Google]
1426520067477.gif
1MB, 724x663px
How to stop being jealous and petty?

My parents always make a big deal out of their and my brother's birthdays but "forget" mine. I don't want much, last year I just wanted to eat at my favorite restaurant (costs about $30 to feed the whole family there, I offered to pay the bill) and my parents agreed to it. My birthday rolled around and "things came up" (code for "mom doesn't feel like doing anything today") so they said we'd celebrate it some other time. No problem, at least they wished me happy birthday that morning.

I pestered them about it for nearly 2 months before realizing it would never happen and gave up. Now my brother's birthday is coming up, and my parents are making a HUGE deal about it again. Everyone is scrambling to buy presents, get a cake, plan a nice dinner, etc. and I'm secretly fuming inside.

How can I stop my jealousy? I want my brother to have a nice birthday but FUCK I want one too! Is that selfish? pic unrelated
>>
>>18608611
How old are you and your brother?
>>
>>18608635
I'm 19 and my brother is 24
>>
>>18608639
You are just less liked child, probably unplanned, and nothing you do will change it.
>>
>>18608642
Tbh you're probably right my parents had me in their 30's, my mom might've not expected to get pregnant at that age

oh well
>>
>>18608639
Oh, from what you said I assumed your brother was the younger one.

Are you living at home and your brother is moved out? If so, maybe your parents throw a party for him because they don't see him as often. There's got be a reason why they prefer to do nice things for your brother.
>>
>>18608660
No he still lives here
>>
>>18608665
>24
>lives at home
>parents throw a birthday party every year

Is your brother special needs or some shit?
>>
>>18608670
Kek no but my parents obviously love the shit out of him

He's a good guy, I don't have anything against him
>>
File: 1499510893129s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1499510893129s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
I think it's just your parents being cucks and blocking you off, you have a right to be jealous.

Then again, I'm an only kiddie so I can't relate much.
>>
>>18608679
Maybe talk to your brother about it and see if he notices if your parents playing favorites. If your parents don't want anything to do with you, then you and your bro could just go out on your birthdays.
>>
>>18608611

Jesus Christ what shitty fucking parents they should at least have some self respect. Disgusting
>>
>>18608710
thanks anon I'll try that, it'd be nice to have a birthday with just my bro anyway
>>
>>18608611
You could always do what i do i don't celebrate my birthday don't tell people about it anymore either i just disappear for a day once a year and do what i want
>>
How is the relationship between your parents and yourself? Beside of the birthday scene
>>
>>18608715
This

Honestly this is one of the most depressing things I've read and I can't help but feel like it's bait. Move out OP, stop talking to your family if you feel that's right. You sound like a good person and your family shouldn't treat you like this. Get away from them>>18608704
because they are toxic
>>
>>18608720
Not great I mean I do what they ask of me and do decently in school but I still get yelled at over stupid things. I don't try to fight back anymore because it just makes things worse. I guess it's my fault for still living at home at 19
>>
>>18608725
Yeah I plan on moving out in a year or two but it's not possible right now. I don't think my parents are bad people... just forgetful. Maybe if I was a better kid they'd treat me like my brother
>>
File: 1500951461438.jpg (426KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1500951461438.jpg
426KB, 1024x683px
>>18608743
Ok confirmed bait move along people
>>
>>18608755
:\ not bait
>>
>>18608611
your jealousy isn't your fault id say, it"s more or less your parent's for treating your brother better so it's natural for you to feel jealous
>>
>>18608771
That makes me feel better, I don't want this feeling to build up inside me and lash out at anyone for it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.