[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I join the military even though I only have one arm? My parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1459470212617.jpg (46KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1459470212617.jpg
46KB, 625x625px
Can I join the military even though I only have one arm? My parents are kicking me out the house because they don't want to support me anymore.
>>
>>18608529
No
>>
can't you get some disabilty money or something?
>>
Why would they kick you out if you're disabled? That's terrible. How old are you?
>>
>>18608529
Maybe the ARMy.
>>
>>18608534
I guess I'm boned then.

>>18608543
I don't know, I don't think so. Other than my arm, I'm not incapable of working so I doubt it. I don't have any job experience and I don't go to college so I'm at a severe disadvantage trying to get a job with one arm though.

>>18608549
I'm 19. They just don't want to dump money into me when I'm not doing anything, that's pretty much it.
>>
>>18608529
unfortunately you're disqualified from the military. If it was something like a depression diagnosis you could lie about it until they found out and then you were dishonorably discharged but missing an arm is hard to lie about.
>>
Go to social security/ social assistance workers, tell your story ask for help finding job and accomodation
>>
>>18608563
Why aren't you doing anything? go to a temp agency and talk to someone there, they'll get you work experience.
>>
>>18608549
They kick you out/disqualify you for so many reasons you have no idea.
>>
>>18608563
what happened that you aren't working on a degree right now/have a job?
>>
Have you actually tried to find a job? There might be some companies out there who will hire you as a token to make them seem progressive.
>>
Get disability $
>>
>>18608563
Which arm did you lose OP and are you right handed/left handed? If you lost use in your dominant hand you might have a case bruh.
>>
>>18608568
Okay, I'll give it a try.

>>18608574
I don't have any particular aspirations or a plan for my life, it seemed like going to college without a plan seemed like a waste of money. Plus I always sucked at school. I've been trying to find a job but I've been turned down at every turn. I've applied to a lot of jobs in the last year but always got rejected.

>>18608576
Yes, very aggressively so.

>>18608605
I was right handed but I lost my right arm so yeah.
>>
>>18608616
Thanks for not replying to only my post, jerk
>>
>>18608616
contact social security and let them help you out. you're young, you don't have a degree yet, you lost your dominant arm. you will surely get some aid.
>>
What kind of shit parents would kick out their one armed child?
>>
>>18608645
maybe they both have no arms and they're envious
>>
>>18608645
they kick him out because he needs to become independent. shitty way to teach it, but very effective.
>>
>>18608561
kek
>>
>>18608645
The kind that realize missing an arm is not a fucking excuse to not be an adult and avoid life.
>>
>>18608727
Being disabled actually is that.
>>
>>18608736
missing a limb isn't. that's boo hoo baby shit. plenty of people start from nothing without all of their limbs or mental capacity and go on to accomplish great things. this guy only has to accomplish a medicore thing.
>>
>>18608744
Missing a limb is one of the most crippling things you could have, especially if its an arm. A leg can conceivably be easily replaced with a prosthetic at least. An arm you'd literally need a robot arm to completely replace. Imagine all the things in life that would be hindered if you couldn't use an arm? Could OP still do some jobs? Yes. Will he ever be as good as someone that can use both arms? No and inherently makes him useless because there's no shortage of competition. The only jobs he could do is jobs that are purely about leg power or brain power which is a niche set of careers. Most jobs require both arms to be competitive.
>>
>>18608529
Why not? Their motto was "Army of One", after all
>>
>>18608756
Boy you must be living in 1970, we have functional prosthetics that would blow your mind. His problem isn't being competitive, his problem is not having been employed a single time in his life. He doesn't have to go on to be the next bill gates he just has to contribute something so his parents don't kick him out.
>>
Become a great scholar.
>>
>>18608529
Try the forest service. There are other ways to serve your country.
>>
Do something that doesn't need two arms.

Go to your county's welfare/job services and see if they can help you with something that only needs one arm.
>>
>>18608572
He meant op family mane
>>
On the bright side you're a prime candidate for human augmentation.
>>
>>18609529
Yeah I know. I'm just speaking as a general statement. You can be disqualified for having certain tattoos, asthma, allergies, adhd, a shit ton of stuff. Of course having one arm is going to be a deal breaker.
>>
Get disability check
Get literally any job
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.