[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides cancelling your accounts, orders and insurances, selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0044.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
Besides cancelling your accounts, orders and insurances, selling all your clutter and useless possessions and ensuring that all your passwords are written down in one place that's easy to find, what can you do to make handling your death as easy to your family as possible?
>>
like not dying for example...
do you think they wont notice?
>>
>>18608463
Of course they'll notice, the point is making it easy to deal with.

My dad's death was a nightmare for mum to deal with because his bank account had several regular automatic payments going on and his time of death was unknown, and on atop of that they were already divorced so technically speaking she had no authority to actually make those calls or deal with any of it.

Not to speak of his completely trashed home and the very expensive laptop whose password is a mystery to us to this day.
>>
>>18608458

>Living will (go in-depth on it, clearly designate who you want to get your belongings)
>Arrange for burial plot/tomb/whatever
>Set aside funds to cover at least some of the funerary costs (preferably most/all)
>Leave a letter or video with a brief message to assist with giving closure to remaining friends/family, something like "Don't be sad because I'm gone, be happy we had the time together we did."
>>
>>18608496
Oh, I'd forgotten all about making a will.

I don't have any proper material possessions save for my furniture and car, and the rest of dad's inheritance, but as far as I know that'll all go automatically to my sister, as I'd like it.
>>
How are you going to die? You don't have to answer, just to gauge how much time you've got to prepare.
>>
Are you sick or are you planning suicide?
>>
>>18608659
Not sure. When I get my car back. Could be three months, could be six. I'm not in a hurry.

>>18608684
I was planning to euthanise myself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.