[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry for being just barely of age and not really having a specific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Sorry for being just barely of age and not really having a specific question but

I graduated high school earlier this year, and high school was one hell of a trying experience. I mostly had a good time but I had to deal with a lot of shit, not going to go into detail but there were just a ton of problems and people to overcome and dealing with it all really drained and hardened me. I don't know if stockholm syndrome is the right phrase but I had to adapt so much to survive that im having trouble unwinding and imagining living in a less chaotic environment. I go to college in one week (a big school) and im worried im going to have trouble adapting to a lighter, freer, more social environment. Im sure i can manage but i feel like id have to pretend to be more of a 'chill bro' than i really want to be and the inauthentic nature of it would make me unhappy and unfulfilled.

I'm pretty down today because my old high school just started classes again today and I have a few friends who are younger than me and there's something kind of depressing about leaving into the 'grown up' world while people ive seen as my peers and equals still have to suffer another long year in high school, its like nothing is really changing. Worst part is one of them is a girl who ive been really close with (sort of had a thing for a while) and she has a bunch of issues and stayed up all night crying while finishing her summer homework because she hates school, in between dealing with obsessive and abusive texts from her boyfriend who purposefully manipulates her because she's too scared to break it off. I've really tried to help her overcome his abuse and other issues but she just hasnt gotten better and im going to be leaving town while she's still letting herself get hurt by everyone and herself and i cant stand that idea.

This might all take care of itself in a week when i leave but if it doesnt, how can i better deal with having trouble letting go of hs?
>>
Start deciding who you want to me. College is the last chance that you're in a socia jungle where nobody knows you. You have the ability to try to be who you want to be, and to avoid any pitfalls that you made in high school.
>become extroverted and social
Easy, all of the other freshman don't know anyone either
>always wanted to be independent
Now is the time to take charge of your life, start now
>unhappy with self, weight, looks etc
You're young, it's now or never
>tfw no gf/no friend loser
Again, you can remake yourself to be anyone, but remember you can also ruin yourself for the rest of your degree

Wasting your years will only cause you regret.

But I'm just saying shit because everyone at my highschool was a looser and I was glad to get out of there
>>
>>18608346
idk how to help you OP, but I do know that girl doesn't actually want to leave her bf for you. Good luck though.
>>
>>18608405
Thanks anon, but I may have misrepresented my situation. Im not a superchad but im not a loser, i look pretty good, i have friends, ive had girls, im generally pretty self reliant and confident.

My main worry here is that with how eventful and formative high school was, ill have trouble seeing high school as 'just some thing' and college as the real deal. I feel like there's a lot of things (internal and external) that are weighing me down and ill have to find a way to deal with to feel free and comfortable in what is basically a new universe.
>>
>>18608419
Yeah, i guess i know too. He's a fat virgin who she's just with because she got stuck with him during a time of emotional turmoil or something and she says she'll probably leave him once school really starts up (ill be gone though).
>>
>>18608346

Get a life of your own. I'm not being cute, that's literally all there is to it. Stop living in the past, meet new people, explore new interests, leave your comfort zone and go live life instead of trying to live memories.
>>
>>18608436
That's the goal, I think my problem is im having trouble picturing it. The only people I can picture are those I already know, i guess it should improve when i actually get to college.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.