[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just been invited to a surprise birthday party where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Kimi-no-na-wa-protagonistas.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kimi-no-na-wa-protagonistas.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
I've just been invited to a surprise birthday party where I only know the guy who is celebrating it. I'm very shy and anxious in social contexts, I'm afraid I'll have a hard time there, should I accept the invitation? My heart is racing in fear right now just by the thought of it.
>>
>>18608332
Its 4chan. The shy and anxious are all around you.

It was nice that you were asked to be there. If you like the guy celebrating it, try to go.
If it isn't working after half an hour, slip out quietly. Its what I do.
>>
Just know that inversely, no one knows (or really cares) who you are at the party too. They aren't going to be concentrating on you or judging you. If you're feeling like being adventurous, go and see what happens. Like this anon says >>18608381 leave if it gets uncomfortable.

If you are feeling overwhelmingly shy and anxious though, I'd consider not going to a party where you only know one person.
>>
>>18608404
Good points >>18608404 Its feels a bit safer when everybody else is a stranger. Being anonymous is comforting.
>>
>>18608381
>>18608404
Thanks for the answers. The party is at the countryside and I'm being taken to it, I can't leave it until the next day. Something tells me I should go, but I also know that I've only had bad experiences in this type of situations even though I knew more people on those past ones. I think I'm not prepared yet for it.
>>
>>18608442
Yes, something also tells me that you should go. Dunno why.

You probably can leave the party venue itself. Its not a prison. You have a room. Likely there's WiFi. I'd say go, enjoy the countryside setting, make friends with a sheep and dip in and out of the party as the mood takes you. Introverts need quiet time alone to re-charge - its normal.
>>
Any tips for controlling the anxiety/nervousness?
>>
I'd say go for it. I was in a similar situation a few years ago where I got invited to someone's birthday party for like the first time ever. After that night, we started going out quite a lot, formed a few friendships and still occasionally go out. This was even with my crippling social anxiety but I guess being with my friend was what helped me calm down the most. and the booze..lol
>>
>>18608332
That makes me realize, I'm in a similar boat as OP, but I was going to decline without a second thought. I don't have a problem talking to people if I have to do it for work or someone else, but if I'm on my own I lead myself into thinking I have nothing to gain from a conversation whenever I am with strangers.
>>
>>18608581
Drugs of various kinds work well.

If you can get it, 0.5mg of flupentixol, marketed as Fluanxol or Depixol works really really well for me. It is not approved in the USA, but you can get it in Canada and elsewhere. Makes me calmer, less anxious, more easily sociable.
>>
>>18608581
Ask the guy you know if he can introduce you to the people at the beginning. Now after an hour or so you know all the people and they know you. That alone makes it easier. Also, when I'm at a party I like to check out the whole place and maybe its surroundings.
Doing this stuff you're quickly a bit familiar with the people and the place and that lets you ease into the party better, just knowing who's who and what is where
>>
>>18608944
Is it a betablocker?
>>
>>18608990
No, its is an anti-psychotic in large doses and anti-depressant in small doses. But it works fast and my anxiety vanishes. I have tried betablockers and they work pretty well too. Find someone with a heart problem and borrow a few.
>>
Sorry guys, I can't do it, I'm too anxious about it. I feel really bad for my friend, but I'm not ready yet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.