[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you become happy or content? For example, if life is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_n17xm1jWZv1s44cy0.jpg (110KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n17xm1jWZv1s44cy0.jpg
110KB, 500x380px
How do you become happy or content?

For example, if life is always about living in the moment then i should just shoot heroin or bang hookers all day. On the other hand, I dont see how id be an happier if my career takes off and i had millions of dollars, a house, etc. I also dont find much joy in the in between journey either since im result oriented.

Im thoroughly depressed but suicide is not an option. How do i become happy?
>>
>>18608001
>How do you become happy or content?

Find what makes you happy. You want results? Understand that you can easily score small victories or work hard towards significant ones. Keep a varied rooster of both, and do what you enjoy.
>>
>>18608001
Try random things and do them again if you liked them.

Try to avoid unsustainable (e.g. heroin, costs too much money and health, unsteady supply, probably illegal where you live) or hurtful to others things.
>>
>>18608001
>For example, if life is always about living in the moment then i should just shoot heroin or bang hookers all day.
Yeah man, just like all the asian monks do
>>
>>18608001
There are two reasons for doing anything. It makes you happy, or it is the down payment now for happiness in the future.

Enjoy the first group. Don't let them happen without your realizing. And remind yourself in the second group that if it (work, school, whatever) isn't fun now, it will pay off in the future.

And pause to smell the roses along the way. Some of life's greatest pleasures are the ones that just happen to you without planning.
>>
I personally like camping, I find peace within myself and my depression has gotten better. Try different things and see if you like them
>>
>>18608001
There isn't a simple rule you could follow to become happy. The world is too complex to have one solution to everything.

You will feel happy, sad, angry and embarrassed many times in your life no matter how hard you decide to control yourself. Accept that. Give yourself permission to lose control sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself.
>>
>>18608001

everyone is different. different things make different people happy. you claim to be result oriented but then say 'i would not be happier if i got results (career, millions, a house
>>
>>18608001
Learned optimism is the idea in positive psychology that a talent for joy, like any other, can be cultivated. It is contrasted with learned helplessness. Learning optimism is done by consciously challenging any negative self talk.

>joy, like any other, can be cultivated.
Maybe you are looking for this OP?

Now how do you do this?
Simple.
For anything that happens you say:
1.That has happened to me and not because of me(Even though that is not the case)
2.If I leave it as it is its going to go away by itself over time(Even though that is not the case)
3.If I leave it as it is not only is it going to go away by itself over time but it also wont affect other areas of my life(Even though that is not the case)
1.Is the concept of taking things personally
2.Is the concept of thinking things will be permanently so
3.Is the concept of thinking that a things are pervasive to other things in life

Good luck!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.