[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always have a shit record with psychiatric professionals because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0041.jpg (81KB, 400x269px)
IMG_0041.jpg
81KB, 400x269px
I always have a shit record with psychiatric professionals because I can't get myself to be honest to them.

I'm so used to lying that I'm fine that I end up doing it to them because it's easier and then it's a surprise every time when some symptom too big to hide pops up seemingly out of the blue.

I'm about to start with a new one, how do I stick to the truth when I can't really grasp the extent of it myself? Like the Official Truth is so out there and I've been sticking to it for so long that even I don't even have any idea what's going on with me anymore.
>>
realize that they don't gove a shit anout you. you're their client, their work. they don't like you and there is no reason why you should try to make them like you. you lie because you are afraid of rejection. comprehend that they are doing their job and that doesn't include "thinking you're awesome". you hinder them helping you as long as you don't dare to stick to the truth. you will never get any help if you show them some mask you keep up. you will stay all alone with your issues. so either be honest or stay mentally ill forever. it's your choice.
and you know exactly what's true and what isn't. itms a matter of getting used to not filter and sort your answers. maybe try answering RIGHT away and not think about the answer first. ofc some lies already feel liek the truth, but you know the ones, so force yourself to stick to the truth when they arise.
>>
Or just repress everything and drink alone and die at 30 like everyone else
>>
>>18607699
It's not about making them like me, it's about them making my life more difficult. If I tell them the extent in which I'm drinking, they'll try to restrict my life to keep me from drinking as a punishment. If I tell them their pills don't work and ask for different ones, they'll double my dose as a punishment.

Also I ain't paying them shit, that's taxpayer money.
>>
>>18608100
you're like my dad. he's also paranoid about them locking him away or them trying to up the medication dose. you know what? they aren't out to ruin your life. if they suggest those things then you might have to consider that they are actually right and it might be the best for you.
i, myself went to therapy for 2 years and was always very upfront and honest about everything. i told them if i needed different medication and my experience was that they work with the premise "as much as needed, as little as possible". have some faith, anon. "they" aren't out to get you. what would they gain from that?
>>
>>18608131
Well it makes their lives easier to just tell me to stop having a symptom and pretend they did something instead of actually fixing shit.
>>
>>18608142
you need to realize that they will never be able to "fix you". nobody can do thst for you. that's YOUR job. the job of a therapist is to ask the right questions to provoke you thinking about things that lead you to finding a solution. in cases like heavy depression, it's also their job to give you adequate medication so you actually have a reference to what it feels like to NOT be depressed. otherwise you might have been depressed since you can remember and think it's normal. that's dangerous. in case of drug or alcohol abuse, they might consider taking you out of the situation (like rehab), to make it easier for you to work on the underlying issues without the constant temptation and need to keep your willpower so high you have zero energy left for solving the issues that cause the adicction.

also, if you want to see it that way, they gain nothing from "getting rid of your symptoms". if anything, they would want you to be in therapy for longer since that generates more money.
i see your fears and i understand them. but you wonmt be able to overcome them if you don't give your therapist the benefit of the doubt. maybe they aren't as much of an asshole as you think they are? you would start acting like one too, if you sense that your vis a vis is determined to find out you ARE one...
>>
>>18608182
It's not just one, it's all of them.
>>
>>18608319
what point of the concept "if everyone else is an asshole, then you should consider that the issue is you" did you not understand?
it's not that they are all assholes, the thing that stays the same in all the interactions with those therapists is YOU. think about that seriously.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.