[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about dating/looking for a relationship if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0042.png (65KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.png
65KB, 323x323px
How do you go about dating/looking for a relationship if you're transgender?

I've got accounts on several dating sites where I explicitly state it, but unfortunately none of them really have much options available, just the same 5 people none of whom are my type.

I've moved to the largest city realistically available to me, and it's still all dry. Actively disliking sex does not help.

How does one go about it?
>>
your issue is that you made a decision before trying the alternatives seriously enough. you made your bed, now you have to lay in it.
>>
>>18607428
Sounds like you've tried to make yourself into such a special snowflake that there's no market for you.

I don't say that to be mean, but you can literally just put the gender you are transitioning to, and then mention that you're trans in the "about me" section. I mean, that's the whole point of transitioning, right? Not to be trans, but to be the other gender, yeah?

As for disliking sex, you also sound asexual, so I would recommend an asexual dating service.
>>
>>18607428
That's the catch of being a tranny.

You don't.

Good luck, if you're passable maybe some fags on 4chan will be willing to smash you. Go to soc and seek some attention there
>>
>>18607461
This. You've got the right to do whatever you want to your body. Problem with that is some of the shit you can do to your body can make you repulsive to the vast majority of the population.

But at least you can tell yourself that your mutilated genitals and cancer-inducing hormones makes you feel more like the gender you claimed you wanted to be.
>>
if you make a decision, you better accept the consequences. you knew that this would happen. if you claim you didn't, then why the fuck did you make such an important decision without thinking it trough?
>>
People will always, conciously or not, think trannys are weird and make them uncomfortable. Most of the trans acceptance bullshit is just virtue signalling by people who don't have much going for them so they decide to manufacture an image of how nice and tolerant they are, like that passes as some sort of hobby or makes them interesting. In the end, no one really cares about trannys and people would always normally fuck a regular person over a person with a mental illness.
>>
>>18607472
I'm actually hosting a german trans (mtf) person in my house while they look for work on a visa, and even after 6 months, I'm still of the opinion that the dude make a mistake, and the German state just rubber stamped that treatment in order to appear progressive. As shy as that person is, what they really needed was behavioral therapy and a father figure (absent dad growing up), in my opinion.

Surprise, surprise, the host with his conservative bent has made the guest question whether what they did was the right call in less than 6 months of living with me. Too bad they can't back out, because if he stops taking the hormones, his bones turn to glass.
>>
>>18607480
Transsexualism is always accompanied by some some other mental disorder (which explains the extremely high suicide rates even in places like Sweden) and I agree it is very often due to poor parenting or lack of. These people feel the need to do something drastic in the hopes it might make them finally feel happy, when in reality they're putting the nails in the coffin by doing something irreversible that will make them socially excluded and stigmatized for the rest of their life along with the lingering thought in the back of their head that they're not really that gender and they're quite literally living a lie.

I don't know why some people can't look at themselves in the mirror and think, 'i'm a very feminine man' as opposed to 'i need to cut my dick off because i'm. woman in a man's body'. The latter is a mental disorder, the former is a rational analysis of ones self.
>>
>>18607435
You think I didn't try alternatives?

I did, they were worse.

>>18607445
There are none where I'm from, and I'm not trying to snowflake. I'd be normal if I could.
>>
>>18607576
what did you try and why did it not work?
>>
>>18607464
Well, the problem is it isn't really up to you. There is no cure for gender identity disorder, all you can do is treat the symptoms. Sure, my choice was between being able to live with myself and other people being able to live with me, but that one is still a no-brainer.

Funny how it's all "don't give a shit about what anybody else thinks, just do your own thing" all the way until someone wants something you're uncomfortable with.

Source on the cancer thing, btw?

>>18607469
Well, the matter is, dysphoria still feels worse than dying alone. I made the choice to transition because it was the only choice I had, and the consequences don't outweight the relief.

But if you have a broken arm and a headache, and the broken arm gets fixed, you're bound to start feeling a headache.

I'm still in an early enough phase of transition that I could stop the treatments and go back any minute I wanted to, and I'd rather shoot myself than go back.

>>18607472
It's not like I don't know that. I see it firsthand.

Women know male feminists are bs, black people know white social activists are bs, disabled people know able-bodied activists don't really give a shit, none of us are that naive but we take what we can get.

>>18607480
And? I'm ftm and spent eight years fighting the system to get my hormones and I wouldn't stop them if my life depended on it.

>>18607511
If there was a cure that was cheaper than letting me physically transition, there would be no fucking way in hell the free public health care would be covering my transitioning.

>>18607584
Trying to live as female and wear feminine things and accept myself, ~*self care*~, trying to learn to masturbate (failed due to dysphoria), fixing my depression with other medications and treatments, dating straight men.

Men don't offer to pay my dinner or pump my gas for me anymore and guess what? I'm still happier.
>>
>>18607614
You kinda sound like an extremist anon. You should seek help
>>
>>18607614
the list of things you tried before making such a drastic decision is not even NEARLY exhausting the possibilities you would have had. so my empathy is still pretty low. sorry.
>>
>>18607617
An extermist? In what?

>>18607627
Then do tell what I *should* have done.

I was engaged to a man for crying out loud. We were planning to have a family.
>>
>>18607671
being engaged is not an accomplishment or a mark of sanity. infact, it can be quiet the opposite.
anyways, i'm not trying to tell you that there aren't any people who are actually transgender. the problem is just that those numbers are far lower than people who undergo transition. chances are high that you fall into the "mentally ill" category instead of the "actually transgender" one.
but that's just assumtions, so let's assume that you ARE one of those extremely rare cases of an actual trangendered human. what have you done to make sure that you fall into that category?

how old are you? how mentally sane are you if one would blend out the whole "trangender" issue?
>>
>>18607671
You just typed out a whole manifesto in that last post and responded to almost every anon in the topic. That's normal behavior to you?
>>
>>18607689
I'm guessing you're an american or from one of those countries where they just give pills to anyone who asks for them. The qualifications for an official diagnosis are really strict here, not everyone who thinks they're the queen of Sheba can just get hormones because they want them.

I do believe my depression, self-loathing and issues with sexuality and contact stem from transgender issues. Had I been born cis, my family and society around me would have supported me as male from the start, instead of me growing up with nothing but a vague wormy feeling that there is something wrong with me for not being like the other girls, consequently falling into depression.

I would never have forced myself into uncomfortable and dangerous situations in order to grasp for support or validation and developed further trauma.
>>
>>18607694
You don't know what a manifesto is, do you?
>>
>>18607703
i'm not and i know that it's not as easy as many people think it is. i understand that you made a conscious decision.
i still think that you possibly sought in the wrong are for the roots of your issues.
it sounds like you think you would have had more support from your family if you were born male. why is that? what gives you that feeling? also, that's not normal and definitely not a sign of someone being transgender. if anything, it's a sign of you having had a fucked up family.

to me it sounds more like you are dealing with a hard case of low self worth. all the reasons you listed that you think are rooted in transgenderism could also be rooted in a lot of other things. what made you sure they are rooted in you having the wrong
gender?

also, i know that discussion is not why you made this thread and i'm sorry. i guess the truth is just that there's no solution to your issue. you are carrying your issues on your sleeves for everyone to see. nobody wants to deal with that on purpose. your only solution would be to find someone who is willing enough to get to know you as a PERSON and not as someone who fits the bill. that's hard for everyone, even for people who not also have to deal with the added difficulty of being transgender. but again, you're probably painfully aware of that. my adv would simply be to try and find someone without rubing it in that you are trangender. let them have a chance to develope an interest in YOU and not in you as a trans. if they like you for you, they might understand why you made that choice. otherwise it would just be them using you for their fetish or them "trying to accept" that you're trans. both not very good starting points for a sane relstionship.
>>
I think the best chance for acceptance is LGBT events and bars, but realistically, people visit those for hookups and not LTR.
>>
From a guy that used tinder, I really appreciate it when I see people outright admit they're trans so I don't have to play games. I don't ever match with them because I don't prefer to be with someone like that but it's very selfless do point it out in advance.
>>
>>18607428
I'm MtF so I can sympathise with your dating-as-trans problems OP. I don't have any advice or insight to give you except that don't give up hope, we might not be perfect and cis but we still have a lot of other great qualities for relationships, eventually you'll find someone amazing. I tried dating services too, but with little success, and right now I'm in an LDR (inb4 not real relationship, I know I know) with a guy who knew me (online) even before my transition, and he's coming to visit me next week. It's the first time we'll be together in person so I'm both hopeful and anxious, but he assures me constantly that everything will be okay. I don't know why I wrote this, there's just so much absolute negativity in this thread right now that I wanted to offer something positive. Also torille!
>>
>>18607726
You're not actually telling me to *hide* that I'm trans, do you?

And my family supported me AS A GIRL. It's not the same. And I was still bullied for being weird.
>>
>>18607832
no. i'm telling you that it's not all there is to you. online it's almost impossible to not tell it immediately and also not "hide" it. it's hard to find the balance between "rubbing it in your face" and "hide it". bith don't work. best would be to find someone who apprecciated you even before you transitioned. but that might not be possible.
>>
>>18607841
There's no fine line. Saying "I'm trans" saves everyone time and trouble. Don't ruin OP's chances any more than they already did.
>>
>>18607841
I'm afraid I'm not the type of a person people appreciate.
>>
>>18607428
>suicide
Inb4 "kill yourself" guy comes in here to tell you to kill yourself
>>
If you're a guy trying to be a girl state your gender as female , if you're a girl trying to be a guy state your gender as male it's not that hard , tell people in your description your trans but want to be called female / male problem solved
>>
>>18608090
Well I've actually just had the epiphany that carbon dioxide poisoning is the way to go.

So now I'm just killing time while waiting to get my car back.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.