[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't mean to come here to whine but I have to get something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: american-flag-moon.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
american-flag-moon.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
I don't mean to come here to whine but I have to get something off my chest. I was hoping that this crowd could give me some insight since I know there are a lot of brains here.

I seem to have some sort of inferiority complex in terms of accomplishments. I'm quite possibly the most educated of all of my colleagues in terms of degrees, work experience, etc etc...

Military veteran, three Master's degrees, and even then it still seems like it's "not enough". I still think I have to prove it to myself and others that I'm worthy. I know that this is my own problem and probably has to do with insecurities on my part, but I wanted to ask if any of you have also felt this way at any time.

My wife says that what I'm feeling is silly. However, I can't help but feel that no matter what I've accomplished in life that I still haven't accomplished much of anything at all.

Thanks for reading.
>>
Nice blog post.

>>>/adv/
>>
Perhaps you feel unaccomplished because you lacked the insight to pick up the manual we were all given in college by a cloaked figure who spoke ancient Dwarvish and carried a long mighty Dwarven blade with one hand, and an entourage of bitches in the other. Oh, which one was that...

Kill Yourself, by Dr Estaban Diefenbaker?
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (80KB, 587x825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.jpg
80KB, 587x825px
So what your question you faggit?
>>
>>18607358
>three Master's degrees

wut
>>
youre not doing what you really want to. if you were youd stop caring
ofcourse this isnt true u are just lying to strangers about having 3 masters and being a military vet
top kek
>implying the army has animal doctors
>>
>>18607358
It's not enough. Try harder fag. You need more work experience, more education, and you need to be willing to accept shitty hours and shitty pay and no benefits to make it in this world you entitled piece of shit. Nobody is going to hand anything to you fag. There are thousands of people in India, China, Africa, etc. who will do your job for less if you think you're too good for it. Also your military experience ain't worth shit, I see you fell for the meme. Enjoy being homeless. Why don't you just kys now so you don't go and waste all of the resources of society you fucking cuck.

Nobody owes you anything just because you accomplished stuff.
>>
'Impostor syndrome' is a fairly common thing among high achievers.
>no matter what I've accomplished in life that I still haven't accomplished much of anything at all
1. compared to the average Joe you have accomplished more than normal
2. compared to your hypothetical amphetamine-fuelled workaholic self you haven't accomplished what you could have, but if you think about it you probably don't want to be that guy anyway
3. probably there's some middle ground where it's reasonable to be content with what you've achieved
>worthy
What makes a person worthy anyway? Worthy of what?
>Military
Your thoughts may differ but isn't the implication of joining the military that average non-military people and their average lives are literally worth killing and dying for? So even if you were completely average you would die for someone like you?
>>
>>18607365
Best post so far.

I feel similar to the op.

>doing my 3rd BA atm (MechEng, CS, now Lit+Chem dual)
>co-founder of StartUp
>swole af at 15% Bf
>qt 3.14 azn gf
>had about a dozen scholarships so far
>got several profs as friends around the globe (from being an intern there at some point, some msged me themselves bc I already publish)

Is this the feel of modern polymath?
>>
>>18607358
You may feel like you need to match up against others whom you always assume to be superior or that you need to beat a hypothetical someone in achievements and accomplishments. Kind of like graduate students and bodybuilders.
>>
the issues is most likely that you try to build up a sense of worth in the wrong department.
you think that career oriented accomplishments will make you feel better about yourself. so far, that hasn't worked. so the obvious implication is that you are putting energy in the wrong direction.
could it be that you do that because succeeding in education/work was highly regarded in your family?
often, the root of feeling inferior is not located in a lack of accomplishments but a hard wired believe that you're not worthy. that believe is not tied to anything you can accomplish, it's something you have to work on specifically.

how easy is it for you to stick to your own values even if you know it will upset a person you care about deeply? (for example not finish a degree you hate even when you know your mom REALLY wants you to have THAT degree?)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.