[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Chinese so fucking hard to learn? I grew up in Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 20140723-111914-40754563.jpg (139KB, 860x763px) Image search: [Google]
20140723-111914-40754563.jpg
139KB, 860x763px
Why is Chinese so fucking hard to learn?

I grew up in Japan so I can read elementary level Kanji but I can't figure Chinese out.

For most languages you learn the alphabet, then you can learn words by reading but for Chinese it seems impossible since I can neither read the characters nor figure out how it's pronounced.

Just learning vocabulary using pinyin sounds stupid as well
>>
You need slant eyes anon.
>>
>>18607204
you need to learn pinyin tho
i've known advanced beginner/intermediate chinese students and they can kinda guess what a new character (? dont know the terminology in english) would sound like because they recognize basic common elements in it. sometimes they bamboozle you, but it makes sense. obviously they gotta take a wild guess at tones, but if a chinese guy hears you, based in context they can probably guess what you trying to read and correct you

it makes sense if you know thousand puzzle pieces, but it makes sense most of the time. You know how the character are usually built, right? In simplified chinese at least, one element usually holds the phonetic content, and others the actual semantic. I studied chinese for a few short months and I got the gist of it, but you gotta memorize like a mother fucker

And tones and pronunciation are a fucking bitch

chinese is raw hard assfuck memorization, i think you need a lot of drive to actually get good at it. I'm learning Korean and it's not that fucking hard, not sure how japanese is with its 3 alphabets, but yeah, chinese is a bitch at all levels. Well, at least verb syntax looks kinda symplistic and lax, they let you remove a lot of stuff and still be understood, but i was a shitter so maybe idk anything about it
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.