[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR: my boyfriend of 8 months has never made a single mention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1393.jpg (68KB, 480x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1393.jpg
68KB, 480x506px
TL;DR: my boyfriend of 8 months has never made a single mention of me on social media, though he has mentione all d his ex girlfriends in the past. Just not me. Am I ok to freak out?

So I came to the realization that my boyfriend has never ever mentioned anything about me in social media whereas he had mentioned all his other girlfriends. Some of his relationships were as short as 3 months and it would be photo after photo of the girl or A photo of where they are . They would at least be tagged in the post together.

We've been together for 8 months. I'm sure he loves me and cares but he has made 0 mentions of me directly and 1 indirect mention about me. If we go places or do things he will take a photo of the scenery and kind of make it seem like he's there alone. Or if I have any cool possessions, he'll take a photo with it and make it seem like it's his. Anyway, he will use me as his photographer and my possessions as props or our destinations visited together as backdrops but never ever a mention of me.

In public, he will always introduce me as his girlfriend to people.

My theory: he's flirty and enjoys whatever female attention he's getting online. Please let me know if I'm overreacting or even wrong about this.
>>
Bump please
>>
>>18607059
have you asked him
>>
>>18607059
I never put my gf on social media because it's gay as hell, and it actually annoyed me when she put me on hers because I felt like she was using me as a prop to craft some "relationship goals" public image. He might be the same way. Believe it or not men don't need to involve the whole fucking world in their relationship.
>>
>>18607085
Nah, I just realized this earlier today and I'm kind of not good at confrontations. I was wondering if I'm just over reacting or not before I ask him. It will eventually bother me enough that I will talk to him.
>>
There are a bunch of possibilities here are some:

- He doesn't want to deal with it in case you guys break up.

- He is friends with one of your exs and doesn't want them to know

-He doesn't feel the need to show you off
>>
>>18607059
Maybe he doesn't want another girl to do the same shit with.

I seriously don't believe he has no photos of you, you're his girlfriend just force him to post a picture of you two if it means that much.
>>
>>18607095
Well I don't have him on my social media either. But what bothers me is that he's posted about all his others. It's the short lived relationships that he's posted about that bothers me most.
>>
>>18607103
you seem needy.
>>
>>18607103
Are you ugly or a sloot? I'd be embarrassed to post about one of those
>>
>>18607100
He has photos of me in his phone. Nothing online. He's never even gotten close to saying the words "I have a girlfriend" on his social media.
>>
Emily?
>>
>>18607112
Why not try posting someting? Are you "in a relationship online
>>
>>18607107
Quite the contrary. Trust me. He's the needy one. This is the first time I've felt any kind of jealousy around him.
>>
>>18607112
>>18607100
>you're his girlfriend force him to post a picture of you two if it means that much
>>
>>18607121
Now THAT seems needy. That doesn't seem overbearing or too much? Plus it doesn't bother me that much. Yet.
>>
>>18607059

I would firstly just talk to him about it and see what he has to say.

A thing about relationships though most people try not to recreate failed relationships, if he used to always upload pictures of his ex on social media and they didn't work out maybe he's more inclined to keep his love life private from now on, it makes it somewhat special in a way.
>>
>>18607122
idk, do something like

>omg this picture of us is so cute
>you have to post it online desu
>you have to you look so good in it

Don't pretend this isn't all a fucking game.
>>
>>18607131
Ok that's kind of genius. It's totally a game and I'm totally gonna pretend to be not concerned about this.
>>
>>18607059

You sound more attached to the idea of others knowing you have a boyfriend then the actual substance of the relationship.

Personally, I would not go out of my way to let everyone know I'm in a relationship, it's none of their business. I don't think that's an uncommon though perhaps gendered sentiment.

this is also like the easiest problem to solve, just take out your phone and take a picture together and slap it on Facebook. Done.

this is why people should pull all their old relationship photos from social media when they break up...
>>
>>18607129
This is an interesting and positive way to look at it and I appreciate that insight. Doesn't quite quell my paranoia about this completely burn it did help.
>>
>>18607139
I'm more jealous of the fact that he says he loves me so much and that he wouldn't ever do anything to lose me, yet he's never made a mention of me. So I'm comparing myself to what he says were shittier girls. He's proud of me but won't mention me. He's not proud he's been with a particular girl but won't remove photos with the person.
>>
My theory: you're overweight and/or not attractive face wise to him so he's ashamed of you.

I know this sounds mean but that's what it seems like to me.
>>
>>18607143

Another reason could be that you have never made mention of him either, he might think you prefer it this way, if it truly bothers you don't let the paranoia grow and just tell him how you feel. Trust and communication is so important, if you tell him how you feel it only shows how much you love and care for him, its okay to make yourself vulnerable sometimes.
>>
>>18607161
Could not be farther from the truth, in all honesty. But I actually thought maybe he finds me less attractive than his previous girlfriends.
>>
>>18607161
Pretty much.

If he's introduced you to friends and family already as the girlfriend, then you're good. Else, he's ashamed. Then again, he could be an adult and not want to have his business on social media.
>>
>>18607163
Good point. haven't made a mention of him but maybe I'll just go ahead and do that first.
>>
>>18607119
Sure.
>>
>>18607059
he may have had a bad experience in the past with social media being the cause of a girl cheating on him or leaving him or something so he just doesn't want to fuck anything up by displaying you to the world, i can understand if that is the narrative, being protective and almost selfish of your girlfriend is a very natural thing for dudes, you don't want to share in ANY way, that can extend to and include even posting you on social media; if you had a rare painting that has literally been seen by less people than you have fingers, would you want to just put it up on imgur for everybody to see? i wouldn't

also, like most people here have said, he is a dude, he may just not give as much a shit as chicks do about making everything personal public
>>
Social media does it again.

My partner and I don't use social media. We see our friends and family often and I myself found social media to be just a bunch of fake people posting fake stuff for fake internet points.

OP, just try talking to him about it. You've been together long enough, I'm sure a relaxed conversation will put your mind at ease.
>>
>>18607185
>My partner and I don't use social media.

this is the best way to do it

social media is pure aids
>>
>>18607185
although in this day and age, not having a social media presence can be a real detriment to finding a partner
>>
>>18607059
He is purposefully wanting ambiguity concerning his relationship status. You know, keeping his options open
>>
>>18607095
It's like you didn't read the post
>he has mentione all d his ex girlfriends in the past. Just not me.
>he had mentioned all his other girlfriends. Some of his relationships were as short as 3 months and it would be photo after photo of the girl or A photo of where they are . They would at least be tagged in the post together.
Dumb male poster.
>>
>>18607185
That's definitely what it is. It's false validation. But my jealousy sets in where every aspect of his life gets false validation except when it comes to me.
>>
>>18607059
When I was with my ex girlfriend, I never posted a single picture with her and never updated the relationship status, not because I was ashamed of her or anything but because I think that's nobody business. I don't post anything of my own and I'm really reserved, maybe he's the same, and posted that pictures with her exes because they told him to. If he's really active on posting things of his own on social media, the situation becomes a little sketchy though. You should touch the subject with him, in a light manner, see what he can say about it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.