[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wasted 2 years in community college now >going on my third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1502053748996.jpg (495KB, 1305x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1502053748996.jpg
495KB, 1305x1265px
>wasted 2 years in community college now
>going on my third freshman year here
>will be 22 when I transfer
>2.0 GPA
Any advice lads?
>>
>>18606518
Learn a trade or go into sales. School aint for you budy
>>
>>18606518
Yeah. Drop the fuck out and do something else.
>>
>>18606522
>>18606520
Its over for me already?
>>
>>18606526
2.0 gpa in your third year is pretty bad. Certainly grad school doesn't seem to be in your future, but you can definitely graduate
>>
>>18606535
I'm still in my first year semester wise.
>>
>>18606526
College is, not your life though. My room mate makes fucking stacks selling cars at a dealership, and some of the older guys there make six figures. The guys who run the finance department clear $200k and they don't have degrees.
>>
>>18606518
what's your major?
>>
>>18606547
Chemistry
>>
>>18606554
That would be a shit major even if you had a 4.0

No one gets hired to do chemistry. Chemical engineering is a good major. Chemisty is a dumb major.
>>
>>18606554
Basically you have a few logical options, you can do

A. Figure out all your weaknesses and mistakes and why you made them (in school) try and finish the degree and get an internship or job related to chemistry (try to get your gpa as high as possible, thus resulting in a year or two more in CC/university

B. go into a trade like plumbing, electrician, technician and make double, triple or even quadruple what you would make working minimum wage

C. try and go into a high paying job that requires little to no schooling like air traffic controller (it has a six figure salary)

D. go into the military and rise up the ranks and get higher salaries and maybe after a few years in the service go back to community college for free and start all over
>>
>>18606559
My community college has an "engineering science" program for people who want to transfer and get that kind of degree but that's it.

Should I go after it?
>>
>>18606518
College isn't for you. Quit.
>>
>>18606581
No, engineering is a lot harder than plain chemisty, and universities are a lot harder than community college.

What did you get on your ACT/SAT? If you're just lazy that can be fixed, some young guys just don't have the focus needed for college at 18-20, but if you got below a 25 or 26 on your ACT I'd really think long and hard about trying to become an engineer.
>>
>>18606593
Got 29 on my ACT, never took the SAT.
>>
>>18606581
Engineering is MUCH harder than Chem. You may want to consider switching majors like BioChem (if you still want to do Chem related things), or something entirely different. Form a study group if you can- you will improve.
>>
>>18606518

quit while you're ahead. I went to college for 5yrs for a degree I don't use. Made my money running a business and am 28 and retired. Well, I "work" 4-15hrs a week. More or less if i want. I am my own boss.
>>
>>18606605
Okay, then you have the mental capacity to become an engineer. I actually got a 29 as well, and similarly did poorly in community college. I got kicked out of my mom's and had to work for about 8 months before I got tired of the deadbeat lifestyle and got my act together and re-enrolled. Now I make good grades, and my stats teacher actually nominated me to be a stats tutor because I did so well in the class.

Move out of your parents warm comfy house, and try waking up at 7 in the morning to bust rocks, wash dishes, or make cold calls. That will straighten you out.
>>
>>18606632
What kind of business?
>>
>>18607347
Bullshit Inc.

It's popular in this forum haven't you heard?
>>
File: 1435444976973.png (15KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
1435444976973.png
15KB, 469x331px
>>18606639
I already have to work with family getting up 5AM every weekend and different hours on weekdays. I just go back to being lazy in my free time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.