[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /adv/ I have a fancy job where I design home theater projects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170709_001203.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170709_001203.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Dear /adv/

I have a fancy job where I design home theater projects and setups. Basically a sales job, but more than that, we pick out the audio and video equipment and have our own team to install everything. Its a premium store with tvs that go up to 110k, the lowest end tv down to about 800$. We have 22k speakers, we regularly do jobs that are around 8-40k. Sometimes we'll get a big 80-200k job.

Anyways, I'm helping this nice old lady with her home theater setup. I'm newly trained, just got on the sales floor about a month ago. I setup an install for her and thought I had everything covered but I forgot cables she needed.

So the install team is waiting there at the jobsite and I go to my store and purchase some cables from our sister company(not as good as our cables but we needed a specific size). I did this to speed up the install since it was my mistake. I got an employee discount where the cables would normally cost 60$ they cost 7$. Three cables, so we're looking at a savings of about 160$ after it's all said and done.

I go to the site and tell her the great news. "I was able to save you money on the cables since it was my fault, there is no charge for the cables". If I had sold her cables from my store it would have cost her around 300$.

After a moment of talking to my install guys she pulls me aside and says she doesn't feel right paying that amount cause it feels like she is stealing. I tell her its no big deal and this happens often and we're all about customer service. After a lot of back and forth (NO YOU TAKE THE MONEY) she hands me a check for the difference as if she paid for the cables herself (20 in cash[my own pocket money], 160 check).

I go to my install guys and ask them what I should do. I originally wanted to just hand it to my boss and let him figure it out. The install guys say not to do that because chances are my boss will pocket it or the money will go to the store itself (not our sister company), so that would be pointless.
>>
>>18605476
Eh pocket it since you paid for it duh, but go over and help the old women if she ever needs help etc
>>
Continued:

So I am unsure what to do with the money now. I was going to take it and just buy her a nice gift basket and the install guys some stuff, but she might ask my boss about what happened or my boss might find out somehow. The chances are slim, but it could happen. Taking money for your employee discount is something you could probably get fired for, but our install guys say this happens a lot and us sales guys are usually ok just buying it and then giving it to the customer, which is what I did, but the trouble is that she won't keep the money she saved and insists on giving it back.

So what do I do? Should I take the money? Give it to my boss? Try and give it back to the customer again(fairly certain she wont take it)? maybe keep it and using it on her would be a little less sketch.
>>
>>18605484
Well I'm going to do that regardless, she is my first consultation sale. I'll never forget her. :P
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.