/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to become more manly/masculine when you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0018.jpg (315KB, 1346x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
315KB, 1346x900px
Is there any way to become more manly/masculine when you're naturally not?

I'm a low-test as shit manlet (I actually have to take a testosterone supplement for it), whose father openly detested anything traditionally manly (his favourite subjects of hate being sports of all kinds and the military), I've never had any sorts of male friends and even as an adult 90% of my friends are a bunch of nerdy forever alone women that I'm not attracted to. Also studying into a vastly female-dominated field is not about to help.

I'd want to actually be more and know more and yeah I get the basic concept of not giving a fuck about what other people think and trim poodles for a hobby if that's what I'm into, but I honestly fear if I try to enter some group of guys they are going to kill and eat me.

Where do I start?
>>
Weights.
>>
>>18605064
I have kettlebell weights at home.

I hate gyms, just a bunch of old guys making the most disgusting sounds apparently trying to fuck the equipment.
>>
Then you should be the one who kills them and eat them. Not literally tho. If you feel that weak, then your only choice is to give up and start hating.
Make hate your source of motivation. Hate yourself to the point where you want to change you.
>>
>>18605074
>I hate gyms, just a bunch of old guys making the most disgusting sounds apparently trying to fuck the equipment.
Get over yourself
>>
>>18605074
lmao at this level of projection
>>
>>18605051
This will be hard.
How old are you?
>>
>>18605051
Hi OP. Tell us more. Your age and describe the man you'd like to be, and the women you'd like to be with.
>>
>>18605074
Being too big of a pussy to handle hearing dudes work out isn't very masculine
>>
>>18605079
I don't want to hate. I do hate myself but for the time being it's only crippled me.

>>18605083
>>18605100
What's with the hate? I genuinely do not like gyms. Me and my kettlebells are doing just fine at home.

>>18605219
>>18605238
I'm 23, and I genuinely don't know. I just want to feel less out of place around other men.

I'm not actually interested in women at all. I thought I was gay for a long time before realising I'm not attracted to men either.

>>18605246
There's a difference between being too pussy for something and preferring not to do that.

Or are you just too much of a pussy to smash your balls with a hammer?
>>
>>18605285
>me and my kettlebells are doing just fine at home
never gonna make it
>>
>>18605285

>I don't want to hate
I know, I feel the same, but when nothing else works, hate is easily your best way to get motivation. Just don't get overwhelmed by it, hate enough to make you want to change.

>Me and my kettlebells are doing just fine at home.
It's not about doing "better" exercise, it's about getting out of your comfort zone, that's the scarier part.

>I just want to feel less out of place around other men.
It's important to remember, you can't make everyone like you. I'm pretty sure there are men who would like to talk to you in a friendly and confident way, without you having to change yourself for that.
>>
>>18605289
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

I don't like weightlifting and the bodybuilding culture. I want nothing to do with it.
>>
>>18605302
Does it _have to_ be gyms?

People don't go there to mee
>>
>>18605307
*meet other people anyway

Fucking autoreply.
>>
>>18605303
Why are you continuing to shun traditionally masculine things if you want to be more manly?
>>
>>18605285
Hmmm. Not interested in women or men. In a way you're lucky not to be a slave of your genitals.

How about non-sexual, ungendered, just-human interests. What kind of person/personality/human appeals to you?

In worst case of knowing nothing about your likes - what is your favourite dog breed?
>>
>>18605307

It doesn't have to be gyms, but if you want to be more manly, it's often your best choice. Not because you will be surrounded of dickheads who only think about their muscles (not everyone tho). More like, throwing a lamb into the wolf's den. You either learn to deal with their judgement, survive and get stronger / manlier, or give up on this.
>>
Do you have klinefelters op?
>>
File: 1499987990505.gif (550KB, 259x199px) Image search: [Google]
1499987990505.gif
550KB, 259x199px
Literally paradoxical
Anything you do is manly because you are already a man
You shouldnt be trying to fit another persons idea of manhood
Be confident in yourself and dont take no shit senpai
>>
http://www.artofmanliness.com/category/a-mans-life/
>>
File: IMG_0041.jpg (81KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
81KB, 400x269px
>>18605315
Because I don't see gyms as something traditionally masculine. Women go there in order to look pretty just the same.

>>18605316
I *have* been vaguely attracted to men, just not in a sexual way. I do still want closure and physical contact but trying to get that without sex is like reaching for a treat from a bear trap.

The peruvian hairless. Silly, goofy motherfuckers about as dumb as they are ugly, but as loyal and loving as a dog can be.

>>18605319
I *have* been to a gym. It was a big bunch of people - men and women both - all minding their own business and avoiding eye contact with each other, looking to do their workout and then get out of there.

It's a waste of money if you can work out at home.
>>
>>18605327
Klinefelters are usually taller than average. I'm 5'6, the shortest in my family women included. Dad was 6' something and mom definitely did not drink or smoke when pregnant, nobody knows what happened.

>>18605328
This has been the least valuable contribution to this thread and not what I was asking.

>>18605332
I've browsed those from time to time. Seems to be pretty basic and standard life philosophy.
>>
>>18605051
Find something important to you. Think about this thing being destroyed or perverted. This important thing is now your bottom line. Stop caring about useless shit. Become someone who can defend your bottom line. You are now a man.
>>
>>18605344
Interesting. Love and cuddles from men, but not interested in sex. I think the gay community is still going to be more welcoming than the straights and believe it or not, there are plenty of gay guys in steady relationships and single who are just sweet nice people and not obsessed with sex.

I'm straight by the way. Just looking for your best option.
>>
>>18605389
I'm too exhausted to singlehandedly stop human trafficking.

>>18605394
Yeah, the question is how to find them.

Making an account on Grindr or trying to otherwise find gay men was a terrible idea.
>>
>>18605051
watch tv with hyped up masculine roles, band of brothers, game of thrones, top gun. youtube that shit maybe?
>>18605285
>me and the kettleballs are doing just fine at home
that sentence alone fucking hell.
its just like u took an already manly pursuit and turned it into something so beta its incomprehendable
>>
>>18605409
> how to find them
Like finding anybody. Through friends. Do a group social thing in a likely spot. I found a rich lode of gayness in a choir. Art gallery openings are great. Take a class in something gayish.
>>
>>18605409
>I'm too exhausted to singlehandedly stop human trafficking.

That very attitude is what makes you a beta bitch.
>>
>>18605414
I haven't watched Game of Thrones, but I've read the books.

Does the show put more weight on the male characters then?

>>18605427
None of my friends have any other friends.

I'm hoping moving to a new town would fix it, but studying I won't have much money for hobbies.

>>18605429
Then how do I stop modern slavery?
>>
>>18605376
Ok twink
>>
Gym is not necessary but it will pump up your testosterone.

Manly activities... Even phylosophy can be manly.

The thing is that you seems trapped in a world you don't like and which doesn't recognize your state of being a man. That you actually are if you have a penis.

Don'like gyms? go doing sports. Don't like going to the cinema? go to some literaly circle. Don't like bitches? try to find a nerdy girl. To me it seems that you are searching for vengeance, before moving on. Move on and never look back.
>>
>>18605436
Moving... Depends where you are. We have no clue. Most cities in the western world have a gay community. Aim for a big one if you can - SF is my total favourite.
Not studying. Silly courses like pottery or dance classes. Something to try and give up easily without huge investment.
>>
>>18605469
>To me it seems that you are searching for vengeance, before moving on.

What do you mean by that?

>>18605473
I'm moving from a 29 000 person city to a 50 000 one. The standards of "big" vary by country.
>>
>>18605501
50000 is a suburb, not a city. Sorry. My city is 4 million people. It has suburbs of 250k people. Remember that about 5% of people are both gay and male. Of those 2500 in your 50k city some are dickheads, some are sex obsessed, some are not in your age group or your culture.

If you need a niche community to live with - think big...very big.
>>
>>18605501

I mean you are way too hysterical about this and that. You probably feel pain because you think you wouldn't fit. Move on, don't try to proove anything, don't try to compensate for feeling less of a man. You don't heal a humiliation like this. You heal by finding your dimension.
>>
>>18605519
My entite home country only has 5 million people.
>>
>>18605531
Oh. Shit. That's going to be a problem. I think I ran out of advice. Sorry - would have liked to help - hope things work out for you.
>>
>>18605531

where are you from?
>>
>>18605568
Finland.
>>
OP be honest, are you a cis dude or a female-to-male trannie trying to fish for tips and using "supplements" as code for taking hormones?

Because if you are the latter, be honest.
>>
>>18605285
I get your problem. I have a friend who is very asexual.
Not very manly, and was harassed for it by our friends.
It better now, but it took time.
He's 26 now, so yea it really took time.
Nothing changed on the asexual perspective. He's just accepted for the one he is. And he's happy I guess.

My point is. If you are who you are, don't change yourself. Embrace who you are and you will be happy. Eventually..
>>
>>18606828
Find comfort in that you are not alone. And it's nothing wrong in being the way you are.
If people give you a hard time, then ignore it. They will grow up one day to. And learn everyone's different
>>
>>18605051
Join the military. If that doesn't make you into a man, nothing will. If you want to avoid all combat, then just join the coast guard or Merchant Marines (which is not the Marines).
>>
>>18606842
>muh military will make you into a man!!
He's finnish so he either already did the basic military training period and found out he didn't like it, or he dislikes military enough to have gone through the extra effort to avoid having to go there.
>>
>>18606842
Joining any kind of military in Finland pretty much means you have joined the frontline defences against Russia.
Besides Finland's army is hard as fucks.
Wouldn't surprise me if they still bike in to combat just for the lulz and exercise.
>>
>>18605051
What do you study?
>>
>>18605051

this depends entirely on what your understanding of manliness is.

for some its lifting heavy things.

for others, its being the one person not losing their shit when everyone falls apart at a disaster.

define your parameters and you'll get more helpful replies.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.