[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a fuckup who's thinking of joining the French foeign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1696.jpg (37KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1696.jpg
37KB, 460x288px
I'm a fuckup who's thinking of joining the French foeign legion to restart my life. Convince my why I shouldn't
>>
>>18604926
Get used to saying, "I surrender".
>>
What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>18604940
The FFL doesn't surrender. They fight to the death. Mainly because it's comprised of nonfrench.

OP, I'm considering this too, but they'll really need a reason. It's not like regular military. First question would by why you don't join your countries military. And then they'll grill you to make sure you don't have any reason to desert because about a dozen people a year do.

What fuck ups do you have in your life make you think you even qualify?
>>
>>18605041
Because my countries military doesn't allow you to take a new identity
>>
>>18604926
joining the ffl because you failed in life is like starting a job in fast food to restart your career.
>>
>>18604926
It is very honorable thing to do for a brave man. If you have the guts and the muscles, why not. You get French citizenship after 3 years.
I was shit-scared of being conscripted - which was compulsory in my country - but the military literally took a shy INTJ rcluse and made a man out of me. I survived basics and then was selected for an officer course. It was tough, but I learned I could be tough too. I finished with Captain rank and was disappointed I didn't have time to try for Major. Go get the enlistment papers.
>>
>>18605061
Except the former involves going to war and being a real human rather than some societal rodent who wants to squander his life away on minimum wage like a roach, you fucking spacker. I forgot people like you actually exist.
>>
People "get advice" because they want people to agree with them and make them feel better about their decision. "Convincing" you whether you should join the FFL or not is irrelevant. You already know what you want to do.

With that said.

If you join the FFL you have to serve for 5 years. That's 5 years of your life. 5 years. Until you're able to be discharged and be granted citizen ship and what have you.

It's probably not a secret, but you'll be treated like complete shit by NCOs all day.

FFL has higher standards that most typical military regiments. You have to actually be in decent shape or they will kick you out.

Once you do make it on you're somehow even more expendable than a typical soldier because you're essentially a mercenary from another country fighting on France's behalf.

Also, there's the obvious do you speak French or not. Speaking it is obviously going to be a huge help. They will help you learn French but it's going to be really hard, especially when you have an NCO screaming orders at you in French and you have no idea what's going on.

Ask yourself if you think you have dedication to spend 5 years of your life dedicated to an extremely brutal program like the FFL. What do you expect or want to do afterwards?
>>
Lol it's one thing to not give a fuck about your life but just know that you will get treated like absolute shit until you die, and you will eventually die doing it. And I'm not talking regular military treating it's personnel like crap, you will be broken and lose whatever sense of self you still retain. Don't forget you'll be hanging around a bunch of other losers and fuck ups as well.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.