[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey. There's been a fight between me and a friend that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey.

There's been a fight between me and a friend that I had since the mid 90s that I believe has killed every possibility of ever recovering that.

Every year he visits my city but he's having it harder and harder to come due to economical issues and problems with his family of the "I don't want you around" kind. I've been friends with him for a long time but knowing that he's been close enough, even though I see him for like a week or two every year, I wanted to be more honest with him about what I thought about different subjects, and I wanted to be more open and not just tiptoe around issues.

He's been talking to me, asking for some support because he's been having a few issues here and there. The thing is that his life issues are fairly ambiguous. Everytime I try to press further so I can maybe share a thought or two, or everytime I figure something out and tell him straight, he acts as though I'm attacking him and invading on his personal life somehow. I keep explaining to him about the multiple ways to approach specific problems, and since I do share similar problems he acts as though this shouldn't come from me at all.

So earlier today I got a bit heated and told him to be straight with me and tell me what he thought, even if it could "hurt" my sensibilities so to speak. Specially because he really tried hard to be delicate about everything and he didn't actually say anything concrete. He thought I was going mad for a second and told me that he wanted to change the subject, then pretended that nothing happened.

Anyways...

Come an hour ago or so and he's doing nothing but "oh wait, I shouldn't say anything. Oh, yeah but I can't talk about that because you might not want to hear about it". Time after time. Things get more heated and... I fuck up so to speak. All I do apparently is attack him and being hurtful, so I tell him that we should see each other next year, and that devolves into shit from the past.

Cont.
>>
So he did make a sacrifice to come here and as far as I know, there's not exactly that many people here who he would bother with. I feel bad to the core about that, let's be clear. However I cannot tackle this. Even though I told him that if it wasn't convenient for him and his well being, he shouldn't come, he did it anyways, then acted as though I was the reason for it and should pretty much suck his dick for it. Even though I've done a lot of shit in the last 4 years, it's all to his credit, because back in 2013 he gave me one solid piece of advice that motivated me. I truly wanted to help him and it didn't just seem to fail, but it produced a very ugly effect.

After that heated conversation there are probably very few chances to actually "reconcile" so to speak, unless we're willing to permanently lie to ourselves. What do you think, should I move on from this? We're talking about a friendship that lasted since I was 6 up until today (I'm 29). It's no damn joke. 2 years ago it almost got heated because he really wanted to take almost $100 from me without me noticing, but I had to question my friendship with him at that point and he decided not to do it. He's not "remembering" now, let's say.
>>
tl;dr lost a childhood friend to honesty, because he didn't want to hear shit but he still wanted help, should I continue this path and give a fucking arm to recover this or just move on with my life with the pain of losing this for a while
>>
What the fuck are you rambling about? You're bitching out your friend about being vague when trying to share his problems and you're doing the exact same thing? Fuck off, m8.

The best thing I can tell you is that sometimes people just need some support and an ear to listen and not necessarily someone picking apart their lives - they're probably doing that in their head already.
>>
>>18604800
This.

The fuck are you on about, OP? Fuck you talk some shit.
>>
>>18604705

your story sounds oddly vague for something thats got so much text and three posts. you seem to be hiding some key details about each interaction, but I think I get your gist, but without the full story were just giving you what you want: vague answers to a vague story so you don't have to answer for the specific things that went down.

so whatever advice you do get on this issue, don't expect it to be the 'right' answer. expect it to be a biased answer, one that swings in the direction you manipulated it.

that being said, it sounds like you guys haveb een growing apart as people, and you only see each other once a year during these visits right? there is no need to make a long term decision. he already visisted, so send him home, and take some time for your self. disappear from whatever method of communication you use, claim you're going to be busy, and just temporarily block him so that you can just live life without him and see how you feel without his presence looming over your shoulder.
>>
I have to say that you've given me exactly the kind of help I needed. I'm really stupid and have done a terrible thing. Now I have to pay the consequences. Perhaps I could explain everything, but I ramble a lot and I have legit issues with being concise.
>>
>>18604912

generally, neither friend is really at fault. they just kinda outgrow each other and things begin to deteriorate as a whole. try to make amends if you want. but its okay okay to move on.

just remember:
>you can make a new friend
>but you cannot make an old one
>>
>>18605002
Got that. I apologized about the wrongs that I have commited and made it clear that this was a point of no return in which we could just peacefully part ways if he wanted to do that due to both our mental states. I have jumped the gun too quickly and that's something that I have to take in consideration for a while.

I'm awaiting for his response.
>>
I had this with another friend. Just ditch him. I'm sure he has enough reason to ditch you as well. It'll be better for one of you, at least.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.