[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been going out with my girlfriend for 5 months. And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1497910202684.jpg (83KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497910202684.jpg
83KB, 540x540px
I've been going out with my girlfriend for 5 months. And yesterday was her birthday.

I took her to an expensive restaurant she said she always wanted to visit. After dinner I took her to where we had our first kiss. We went home and I gave her a really small cutesy present and a fully hand written card.

She told me the day was perfect as we were going to sleep.

In the morning I made her breakfast and drove her back to her house on the way to work.

After I dropped her off she randomly texts me saying she had the urge to break up with me this morning but she doesn't know why.

She said I did nothing wrong but she randomly felt extremely annoyed.

What's my next move? Is the relationship basically over now? Just wait out the next couple weeks until she dumps me?

For context I am her first boyfriend, and first kiss. I am 22 and she is 19.
>>
If she has no problems with the relationship but is feeling the urge to leave, that sounds like the problem is with her, and she's got to work it out for herself. I can't imagine why she even told you.
>>
File: IMG_1557.gif (1MB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1557.gif
1MB, 305x360px
She's bored. Bring excitement and some passion into it. If it doesn't change I'd say cut your losses and find someone who's compatible
>>
My guess: she has self worth issues. I know plenty of people who aren't comfortable with their partners going above and beyond like that. Not that you did anything wrong, but we're the types to ask people not to get is Christmas presents.

I'm sure it's fine. I've had sudden impulses like that. They don't always signal the desired path. Usually when people break up, they think about it for while
>>
>>18604643
>we're the types to ask people not to get is Christmas presents
That's not fine, those people sound like nutcases. Not OP but how do you identify them early?
>>
>>18604643
She is an immigrant and I come from an old money kind of family.

And she had told me in the past that she doesn't deserve me.
>>
>>18604627
it sounds like she's confessing some mental/emotional issues. my guess is that everyone has them. I try to be patient with people so long as they're well-intended. if it becomes too much for you, you can always leave.

if you feel hurt by this or whatever, don't overreact. just say something (not word for word) like "it kind of hurts me to hear that" or "well I hope you don't break up with me." it could start an argument, but if it does, that isn't right. you deserve to have your needs met also.

if you're a tough and confident sort of guy, then maybe just talk to her about how she's feeling. like, "what made you annoyed? is there anything I can do to help?" if that's not good enough, then fuck out before things get worse.

I'm just going over all scenarios in my head, OP. maybe things will be just fine.
>>
Sounds like a fucking brat

Why would you tell that to somebody who just gave you a nice evening? You paid for dinner and bought her a gift, and she tells you that?

Even if she felt like that, why say it? That's absolutely rude as fuck. She sounds kinda nutty and also a little bitchy

>she's an immigrant
>I'm old money

Lmao bro what are you doing don't do this. Find another old money woman
>>
>>18604668
oh and you can word things nicey nice with women. for instance, instead of directly saying, "I hope you don't break up with me, " try saying, "well you're very important to me..." or "I like our relationship. is there anything you would change about it?"

if things become too high maintenance or she decides she wants someone else, just consider she didn't think you were marriage material or sugar daddy material, and try not to take it personally. there's plenty of fish out there, and dating seriously is asking for a lot of commitment, especially from a rich girl.
>>
>>18604668
>>18604673
also another possibility that is 'not so bad' so to speak, is that she's disappointed that you two didn't fuck. that's possible.
>>
I know that's hard to hear but to me it sounds like she's trying to be honest and communicative. She told you how she felt, honestly, and wants to work it out. If she didn't, she would've kept it quiet and and maybe just disappeared one day.

She's being forthright from the get-go. I think that could be a good sign.
>>
>>18604684
yeah she sounds pretty classy. I'd prefer a woman who needs men to jump through hoops to a woman who fucks everyone in sight. it's motivation to get shit done in life as well.
>>
>>18604669
Well she's in school to become a doctor and she's on the dean's list

>>18604668

I like this. I'll give her a call tonight. I don't understand why she would drop something like that. Especially minutes after I dropped her off
>>
>>18604684
Thanks for the nice advice. I appreciate it
>>
>>18604694
>rich
>doctor
damn unless you are some kind of beautiful snowflake with top tier genetics, on top of being someone who can attract this kind of woman, maybe consider playing on an easier difficulty

that's cynical of me. maybe just advice if it doesn't work out with this one.
>>
>>18604673
>oh and you can word things nicey nice with women
Don't fall into this trap. I had a bud, he's not a scumbag, he's an assertive guy, and he would react instantly to his gf being even slightly moody about something - "What the fuck is this bullshit, let's go, in my room right now talk to me." Stern as fuck, always, but they're still together, why because he doesn't shy from a relationship problem and she respects him for that.
>>
>>18604748
What makes you think his macho insecurity is why theyre still together? I'm sure he has plenty of positive qualities. A rich doctor doesn't need to be condescended like a child.
>>
>>18604653
Nutcases?.bit harsh mare.

I'm not big on gift giving or gift receiving,.not on a mandatory holiday signaled by big business and religion, and prefer to.give gifts when I feel.like it.

Does.that make me a nut case?
>>
>>18604627

probably. maybe not. women are fickle fucks, and she might wake up tomorrow with renewed love. or this might just be thebeginning of the end.
>>
File: Layer 1.png (235KB, 520x503px) Image search: [Google]
Layer 1.png
235KB, 520x503px
A FINGER IN THE BUM OP
>>
>>18604770
Nah I'm more thinking of someone directly saying "don't get me anything for Christmas" like...it's not really for you, it's for the person giving the gift if you think about it. Unless they feel obligated like a formality but usually it's not.
>>
>>18604803
nicely done
>>
How come you didn't bang the living daylights out of her last night then, you plonker? Her birthday surprise and all... No wonder she's pissed at you...
>>
>>18604905
He did have sex.
>>
>>18604923
Do you usually talk about yourself in the third person? Fucking hell.
>>
>>18604627
>she is 19

Women are very fickle at that age. Find yourself a nice mature 80 year old.
>>
I wouldn't be too worried about it. People have the weirdest thoughts pop into their head all the time. I've had thoughts that my boyfriend is living a double life and he never cared about me and I should leave him. Then the moment's gone and I'm like "What the fuck was that about?"

Sometimes I'll also get into moods where pretty much everyone and everything annoys me. I also get in a weird mood pretty much every birthday now, it's like the birthday blues or something. People are weird because emotions make no sense. If she seems happy, I'd say to just try and appreciate that she's being so open and honest with you.
>>
>>18604684
This one. She is being communicative on difficult subjects, which is awesome good at 19. And the self-worth issues are something to watch. Also th possibility of fear of commitment - that was a pretty intensive date you went on - maybe she was spooked by the intensity of it. BUT she talked. Talking is so important. Keeper.
>>
>>18604936
That's second person.
>>
>gf for 5 months
>had our first kiss

lol
i think it's pretty obvious
>>
Probably cheating or selfish
>>
>>18605088
I took her to the place WHERE we had our first kiss.

We had our first kiss after our second or third date.
>>
>>18604684
Yea I'm just gonna add my vote of agreement here. It basically sounds like she is a smart girl who knows how to communicate constructively and she might feel like she doesn't deserve nice things for whatever reason that is.
>>
>>18604627
Dump her. I know you won't listen to me but it's the right choice if you want to avoid a lot of pointless drama
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.