[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I plan to go back to school to study engineering at 23. I left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: R7hXY04.jpg (104KB, 1280x1028px) Image search: [Google]
R7hXY04.jpg
104KB, 1280x1028px
I plan to go back to school to study engineering at 23. I left university a few years back in my 2nd year because of personal issues, general immaturity, and a poor work ethic. Because I was studying something non-STEM and will now study STEM, I'm going to start at a community college and then transfer elsewhere.

Will my past transcript from a few years ago affect my GPA on a transfer transcript? Like if I get a 4.0 in community college and want to transfer elsewhere to finish bachelor's, is my GPA from another college 3 years ago going to mess up my chances, or is there no way for admissions to see that if I don't include it? I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere online
>>
File: 1488073490744.png (222KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
1488073490744.png
222KB, 600x544px
Your transcript will follow you, and you can't just not include it. There's a number of things you can do though. Try to figure out if you can take remedial classes for those classes you did bad in. If they're transferable between your community college and the university you were at, you can take the same class over again at community college and they will average the grade for that class. If you're not sure, talk to your old university and try to work out an agreement.

The other good news things are
- transfer admissions could be less competitive than standard admissions (easier to get in on the whole)
- most universities take at least a little bit of a "holistic approach" when looking at grades. So if they see that you didn't do well, then took a long break, and now you're getting straight As, they'll take that into consideration during admissions.

However, you must to include your transcript. If you don't, it's "lying about a transcript" (by omission) and will get you kicked out of school. The most important thing you can do now is do very well in community college this time around and mitigate some of the damage you did before through remediation.
>>
>>18604098

it will but you can academically renew D's and F's. JC policies are different talk to a counselor. retake the D's you cant renew, do your best and dont let your anxiety from old gpa affect your current performance. youll be fine desu just stay strong.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.