[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24 and only have some college credits to my name. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1490755578430.png (280KB, 407x453px) Image search: [Google]
1490755578430.png
280KB, 407x453px
I'm 24 and only have some college credits to my name.

I'm seeing so many of my friends graduations on Facebook and it's killing me. I feel doomed because even if I go back I'll probably be 27 before I graduate. But if I don't do anything I'll be stuck doing shitty work for the rest of my life.

I hate my life right now.
>>
>>18603304
Stop comparing your life to others. That said, if you're 24 and still in college, that's a pretty good sign that college isn't for you. I would try a skilled trade.
>>
>>18603304
maybe try military?
>>
File: 1501674516984-pol.png (59KB, 244x232px) Image search: [Google]
1501674516984-pol.png
59KB, 244x232px
>>18603304

23 here, but same buddy. We're to blame for not following through, but we certainly weren't helped by the stigma to go to college right have high school

How much debt did you wrack up? I was in for 1.5 semesters of crashing and burning and I got stuck with a 16k bill. I pay it back in 5 dollar installments.
>>
Who cares - college isn't for everyone
A good chunk of people graduating have trouble finding jobs, remember that college != success - I got my bachelors in Computer Science & im flippin burgers depressed as fuck
>>
>>18603304
It might seem like it sucks now, but when you've graduated you will feel good. You will wonder why you ever doubted yourself. Don't get discouraged, thinking about how you did X badly in the past. Concentrate on today and on what's going on right now. Make a plan, prepare, and go through with it. Don't worry about your age either, that is an American thing where you must go to (((college))) before you have any life experience. Your age could make you a better student.
>>
>>18603304
I said this at 24. I went back but didn't finish. Now I'm 28 and still won't be done until I'm past 30. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing, just set a deadline and you'll be fine. Most of your friends with degrees won't even be using them by the time you're done. You'll be find, but you have to focus on doing you.
>>
>>18603304
I'm 22 and can't go to college because my parents backed out of FAFSA when I was just starting college at 18. I have more than $25K in my name in unpaid tuition and I can't transfer anywhere, even after completing two years of CC.

If I had the chance to go to school like you do, I would take it in a heartbeat. Who cares what everyone else thinks?
>>
>>18603304
From here on in you these options: finish your degree or take some time off so you can figure out the immaturity or mental problems stopping you from study. If you take a break, decide whether you actually want to finish this degree, study something different or get a job.
>>
File: Fp6EGSE.png (340KB, 479x311px) Image search: [Google]
Fp6EGSE.png
340KB, 479x311px
Our insecurities stem from the fact that we compare our behind the scenes, to other people's highlight reels.

Those people on FB aren't happy. They're posting their shit so that they can brag.

That's all FB and other social media is used for. To brag, show off.
>>
>>18603304
>be me
>college out of high school
>going for teaching
>making good grades
>dean's list and shit
>4 years later I'm nearly done
>quick detour...
>heroin.avi
>become junkball for 3 years
>clean up my act
>eventually go back to school
>graduate with degree at 27
>am teacher now

It's never too late kek
>>
>>18603304
How old will you be in 3 years if you don't go back to school? Which you-at-27 would you rather be?
>>
>>18603304
I'm 23 will be 26 when I graduate .
>Been there
The thing is op, no one gives a shit about you,you're just being self conscious
Get your shit together and do what's in your best interest

Only you can save yourself
Good luck anon
>>
>24
>26 when I graduate
>Just look forward
>>
>>18603304
I'm 27 and in college... But I did 4 years so the GI bill pays for it all. Nobody cares about your age it's normal.
>>
>>18603322
thisx10000000000000000000000000

t. graduated from an elite public uni and didn't take advantage of the numerous opportunities there so just "going with the flow"

unless you have a strong drive to be someone and do something and are willing to put yourself out there, college is mostly worthless - not to mention a huge money and time sink.
>>
>>18603304
I'm 24, 27 when I'll graduate. I was a NEET for 5 years out of high school due to mental illness. I'm not going to lie, I worry about graduating late all the time. People my age are already starting their careers and I'm only in my sophomore year of college and never had a job before.

However, what keeps me going is knowing that a 27 year old me with a degree is still much better than 27 year old me without one. I can't get those 5 years back and I have to make the best of it. By the time you are in your 40s or 50s, the fact that you graduated at 27 won't matter one bit.
>>
>>18603304
My dad went to college off and on for a decade and didn't graduate till 30. Hes a lawyer now
>>
>>18603304
I'm in college for the first time and I AM 27. It's never too late.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.