[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Have been reviewing my grade for my university course. But this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (127KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127KB, 750x1334px
Have been reviewing my grade for my university course. But this grading scale is confusing.
Do I add up the points I earned? Or are some assignments worth more than others?
>>
>>18602273
Before some says. I have emailed the professor and have not received a response.
>>
>>18602273
it looks like you have 100% of the final grade so far

there is a key right there telling you what that means
>>
>>18602287
That's just a key. Doesn't reflect my actual grades.
>>
This is not confusing at all. Example:

Lab: 90 points
essay 1: 80 points
essay 2: 85 points
discussions: 800 points
research assignment: 80 points
mini-activities: 270 points

So for each of the activities, as a proportion of total possible points for each activity, we have:

lab: .9
essay 1: .8
essay 2: .85
discussion: 1.0
research assignment: .8
mini-activities: .9

Now multiply these proportions by their percent of final grade; so:

lab: .9*.1=.09
essay 1: .8*.2=.16
essay 2: .85*.25=.2125
discussions: 1.0*.35=.35
research assignment: .8*.05=.04
mini-activities: .9*.05=.045

Then you sum these together.
.09+.16+.2125+.35+.04+.045=.8975
>>
>>18602303
Oh okay. Only thing that throws me off is. Two different essays. Mid term and final. But each is 100 points total. But one is 20% of grade. And the other is 25%.
>>
>>18602303
But thank you. Makes sense now.
>>
>>18602273
Bc'ers unite
>>
>>18602331
You dumb
>>
>>18602273
The points don't matter at all. It's just the total amount the assignment adds up to - what really matters is the percentages each assignment is worth.

So, I'd prioritize these assessments based on the percentage it's given, the workshops being most important and the second essay.

The graded points are simply the added sum of all the criteria for that one assignment. For example, your essay may be based on 15 graded points for grammar, punctuation, etc., 30 graded points for argument, you get the picture, until it adds to the 100. This 100 graded points has no bearing how much -weight- it has in the overall scheme of the assessments. It has no weight for the total percentage sum of the course. Instead, the graded points are rather just a way to show what the break down is of each assignment - the professor did so to make it easier to break each assignments' graded criteria for that one assignment.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.