[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. I'm a 30yo frog and here's my story: My dad is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hi. I'm a 30yo frog and here's my story:

My dad is breaking up/divorcing his second wife he kept for 15 years. As I'm a first mariage kid I... don't really care but the problem are the second mariage kids who are much younger and now have to deal with the emotional wreck that is our father.

I especially care about my sweet 10yo half sister who is a wonderful kid, cute and cuddly, very smart and madly in love with her "big bro" (i know it won't last but its still nice). She's also hyper sensitive and stressed about others a lot.

And my genius father, apparently finding few interest in his usual confident, has decide to tell ALL the details of the break up to the kids, who cheated with who, how their mom was fucking a close friend doing regular work at the house, how he's too desperate to find someone else and started drinking a lot... you get the idea.

Now sadly I only saw her a couple of days during summer and not since my dad spilled the beans. I can't go see her right now so all i have is Skype.

How would you proceed ? What should I say to help her deal with it ?
>>
>>18602263
Kids arent stupid. She will ask her own questions if she wants to. Just call her and play the big bro role.
>>
>>18602288
And do what ? I will definatly have to side with one of her parents if I don't want to come has an hypocritical cunt. I'm not sure she's ready to hear how flawed are her parents
>>
>>18602263
Yah is just tell her you are here for her if she needs anything. That you love her and are sorry the family is going through this but everything will be alright in the end.

That's shitty your dad told all that to a 10yo like wtf?!? I have a 9yo and she dosen't even know what sex is, I can't engaging telling her all the details of a bad divorce. Poor kid, he should have been a better dad and tried to protect his kids from all that not burden them with it.
>>
>>18602307
Yah no you don't need to side with anyone. Or tell her how bad her parents are. Just say that sometimes couples don't stay together forever and that's ok, that they both still love her and the other kids and that this in the long run will be for the best. That it's a really sad time now but mommy and daddy went happy together and that sometimes grown ups are happier apart.

Then have an adult conversation with your dad and tell him to get his shit together. Stop putting all this stress on his children and be a parent, it's not just him going through a hard time, the kids are too. That's shity his wife cheated but that's not something that needs to be explained to little kids. They will find out when they are grown what went down. For now they just need love and to be told it will be ok. And him drinking a bunch is shity too, he needs to be there for his kids and try to hold it together especially since they seem to have kind of a crappy mom.
>>
>>18602312
Well my dad is an idiot who doesn't know any middleground. Last year when they had their first break up he choosed to keep the kids completly in the dark, making them very confuse about what was going on. Now he's just doing the opposite. He told me he's now even too depressed to even feed the kids and friends and familly has to take care of them because he can't.
>>
>>18602263
The best thing you can do is just be her shoulder to cry on, and especially make clear to her that none of this is her fault. Take her out to do fun things so she gets the chance to feel somewhat normal again
>>
>>18602337
Then tell his ass to go get therapy. If you need to enlist other family to make him get help do it. It's not right he's shiting up the kids life because he's sad. Yah it really sucks, and he dose have every right to be sad, but when you have kids you can't just shut down and wallow in your sadness. He needs to be a stronger person and stop being selfish, it's hurting his kids.
>>
>>18602334
My sister hates to be "babytalked" and won't be satisfied with just a "that's life". If I try to convince her everything will be alright, she will be sad I see her as just a kid you need to confort. For some reasons, she really hates when see her as a child.
>>
>>18602346
Meh, he's already a therapy freak. Actually I'm the only one in the familly who never had a therapy
>>
>>18602341
That's what I usually do (last year we went to disneyland paris and I bought her a princess costume she refused to left for days) but I'm already far and I'm going to Spain in a couple of days
>>
>>18602348
But that's the truth and a very adult way of putting it, everything will be alright. It will suck for now but in a few years things will be ok and she will have found a new normal, that really is life. And maybe the reason she dosen't want babied is because her dad is treating her like an adult way before her time. It dosen't really matter want she likes, it's about what's best for her which is not more info and taking sides about this divorce. Kids need sheltered even if it's not what they want, she's not old enough or mature enough to handle all this even if she thinks she is. It's only going to hurt her if she keeps being put in the middle.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.