[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop drinking? It's literally taking every fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Iwishyoudgrowup.jpg (252KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Iwishyoudgrowup.jpg
252KB, 1440x900px
How do I stop drinking? It's literally taking every fucking ounce of being not to drink after I threw up from drinking I don't want to go to rehab or AA because my father will actually disown me
>>
album.
>>
is this socially or alone?
>>
File: AWLWLB.jpg (75KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
AWLWLB.jpg
75KB, 604x604px
>>18600709
>>18600712
Deja entendu or w/e I have it on vinyl

and to the second guy I drink every night I'm kinda scared
I didn't almost drink a whole handle to myself last night? like 20% of it is left and Idk if anyone even drinked with me I don't think so but I fell asleep my ex gf came over here who doesn't want to be with me so we got in a fight while my roommates were sleeping I drank 2 more shots and threw up.
What scares me the most is the fact I could even drink like 80% of a handle of liqour
>>
>>18600718
It's still night btw I just threw up already and slept earlier at like 9 pm
>>
first thing is to find out why you do it.

is it out of boredom? anxiety/depression? to get to sleep?
>>
>>18600706
Alcohol addiction is literally one of the worst if not the worst. This choice is more important than your dad being mad.

You
NEED
help.

https://al-anon.org/

Its ok man. You already took the hardest step. Just go in and sit in on a meeting, don't even have to say anything if you don't want.
>>
>>18600725
ALl of those especially anxiety/sleep
>>18600726
I'm embaressed when I go to the store to the same clerks all the time for a giant bottle of liqour and I'm so depedant on everything it hurts
>>
>>18600726
This

Anon, man the fuck up buddy, take some fucking responsibility and stop hiding behind 'my dad will be mad!' bullshit.
You're an adult when you stop caring about what your parents think of you, take some responsibility, go to a group, and fix your life.
Your dad can fuck right off buddy because after he does, you're all you got. I hope your life isn't drowned with liquor at that point that you can still fucking walk.
>>
>>18600729
then i suppose youd find out what making you so restless
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (16KB, 540x432px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
16KB, 540x432px
>>18600729
You know when something isn't shameful/embarassing? When everyone around you does or has done the exact same things.

Know where that place is? https://al-anon.org/
>>
its nothing to be embarrassed about, its a phase not a condition
>>
i should know, i used to be into hawthorn heights
>>
>>18600733
Cool so it's better to be homeless? You're an asshole.
>>
>>18600737
Spoken like someone who has never been close to addiction. God bless you, anon. Keep living the dream.
>>
>>18600736
>//al-anon.org/
I've been to NA meetings before you cunt they don't work
>>
>>18600741
unfortunately untrue, i just disagree with the AA mantra that we are powerless before alcohol
>>
File: 10000x10000bb.jpg (609KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
10000x10000bb.jpg
609KB, 1500x1500px
Sorry guys I don't want to be dismissive of AA I just used to at least be sober. I've done the worst shit of my life when I drink
>>
If you are really wanting to quit, try r/stopdrinking, I found it really beneficial. Just reading the posts and contributing can put you in a good mindset. There is heaps of advice there, and the community is really caring.

But firstly, get rid of any alcohol in your house. Go and pour it down the sink, or give it to a friend/family.

Ideally you need to find a hobby, or something to occupy your time which you used to spend drinking (I'm assuming you dedicated time to drinking).

You can do this OP :)
>>
>>18600706
There are different ways. The easiest in my opinion is to change your lifestyle and goals a bit. Check if you are involved with a job or anything that causes so much stress that it's triggering you to escape through substances. If it is, try looking for another job or becoming involved with some other activities. When you are actively involved with things you enjoy, you usually want the focus and energy to do them longer and better.
>>
>>18600780
I've tried lifting but I just getting addicted to everything so regularly
I live in a hole.
>>
File: rhett.jpg (29KB, 467x263px) Image search: [Google]
rhett.jpg
29KB, 467x263px
Anyone else?
>>
>>18600817
https://al-anon.org/
>>
>>18600706
If your dad will disown you for getting help he doesn't love you
>>
>>18600830
It's genetic and he cant help it. I hate him but him not doing drugs or alcohol wouldve made me a much better person. He used to do coke in the house we lived in when we were kids.
>>
>>18600829
Dude I've fucking been to the same exact shit and it literally makes you want to use in the parking lot?

I love Christianity but If I've already found God why is that an AA step? Fucking bullshit
>>
>>18600740
You're already homeless in your mind if you drink to compensate for your shortcomings.
>>
>>18600871
I wish more of you people were nice. I've helped so many people on this board before.
>>
I use to drink a lot since I was very upset about my life. I hated my job, relationship, and living situation. The liqour store's workers began to recongize me and knew my name.

It look me lots of tries to break out of it, but I didn't stop drinking every night until I finally got out of my shitty situation. I sometimes get the urge to drink, but it's only one shot or 1 mixed drink instead of the whole bottle.

What helped me the most was having at least one friend who cared, and having medication to reduce my anxiety. Having a job and saving up helped me move far away from a shitty small town.
>>
>>18600706
Your father would rather you die from alcohol poisoning then let you get help. It's your life anon fuck your dad. It will kill you in the end if you don't get help.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.