[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1383892353848.gif (492KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1383892353848.gif
492KB, 460x345px
So I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to handle certain situations at my job. I specifically work at a resale shop, think Goodwill but not Goodwill entirely. People donate things and we sell them at a mark-down price. Of course our pricing methods are less than ideal, there are 3 of us myself included who do pricing on merchandise and we all have different standards for pricing. One of my co-workers marks everything up because he believes it to be valuable, like an antique. The other one doesn't really have a method to pricing, they just price whatever they feel like. I actually try to research how much the item cost at a retail store and slash that price by 50%, but I've noticed that doesn't sit well with my co-workers/employer.

Frankly I'm thinking of just washing my hands of pricing and letting my other two co-workers handle it, would that be ideal? Sure would take a load off my mind, especially since I have no confidence in my pricing anyway.

I really have no issues just taking a backseat to pricing and letting my co-workers do it since they seem to be more comfortable with it. My other plan was to just start asking them how much to price things, though I'd hate to sound like I can't think for myself. Also how do I handle customers that think are prices are too high? It's tough because no single person is responsible for pricing, so it's hard to think of a way to calm down irate customers when they complain our prices are too high. Would anyone know a proper thing to say in response to that? Because I certainly can't think of one, at least not one that doesn't make me sound like an asshole.

Sometimes they ask me "Who is in charge of pricing?" or "How is pricing done of here?" My superior tells me that it's not the customers business, but I can't say that to their face so it's hard to think of a response when they say these things to me. It's just getting to the point where I don't even want to be responsible for pricing.
>>
>>18599996
Is there a boss or at least a most-experienced worker? Ask him/her for some guidelines on pricing for all of you to follow. And then stop fixating on it. Who cares whether one of you mis-prices an item?

If customers haggle, just say "You'll have to speak to the manager about that."
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.