[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I'm a dumbass. My old email account was recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2441.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2441.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
Hey /adv/,

I'm a dumbass. My old email account was recently compromised and the storage account with the same name and password was as well. Things in the account ranged from old school documents and receipt pictures to more sensitive stuff including some nude photos of me. The photos aren't even that incriminating, they are just like 10 kinda blurry pictures I took for a girl a few years ago of me masturbating but you can tell it's me.

I didn't even realize I had been hacked until I received an email out of the blue threatening me and saying I am now this persons bitch and to pay them money or they will release these photos to my Facebook friends. They've mentioned one of them by name so they appear serious in that they are going to do it.

They want me to send a Western Union for $500 to Lagos, Nigeria which fuck no. The best bet is to be proactive and just tell everyone about this right? Can the U.S police even do anything about this? I'm totally ready to do this. After all, more public figures have had way worse things go public and they still have careers.

Pic unrelated, but would I even get banned if I posted screenshots with their email, phone number, and western union name?
>>
Don't pay.

What's to stop them from asking for money after you pay the initial amount.

Maybe contact western union and tell them about a blackmail situation regarding that name.

Also I'm just kinda curious, could you post the email? I just wanna see how it's worded n such

Also start deleting your Facebook. Chances are this guy hasn't saved every profile. If you delete your account, less people will see it.
>>
You never negotiate with terrorists.
Everyone has a wank, nothing wrong with it.
Just let your friends and family know on social media that there are comprising photos of you.
>>
>>18599960
I don't understand... you can retake your facebook account before the due date, and then they literally have no way to distribute your pictures to your friends, unless they email it out to everyone in your email address book?

Go to the mail service and facebook and look up how to reclaim or delete a compromised account. Report the accounts compromised ASAP.
>>
File: IMG_2436.jpg (144KB, 750x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2436.jpg
144KB, 750x770px
>>18599971
Yeah I already deactivated my account.

Do you guys think I should still file a police report? Will definitely call Western Union and see if they can flag the name or something.

Pic related. I cropped some out because of sensitive information.
>>
>>18599960
i'd be pretty understanding if a friend approached me and told me pictures of his cock were about to get leaked because his email got hijacked
>>
>>18599960
try bluffing it might work
>>
>>18599960
I wouldn't pay anything, first of all. Second of all, I would install KeePass X, an offline encrypted password creator/manager that uses 2FA, and change all my passwords to a unique password created by KeePassX.

Thirdly, I would separate as much as possible. Having Gmail, for example, will allow a single password to get into ALL your google shit, so use stuff like Tutanota/Protonmail for mail, DuckDuckGo for search, etc, etc.
>>
OP here. I checked my Facebook profile before I deactivated and realized the one name they gave as proof that they had my contacts list was the only one who's comment was visible to the public view of my profile. Pretty big coincidence. Also recent login attempts show no attempts outside of where I've been.

So now I'm guessing this guy knows jack shit actually.
>>
>>18600175
That's good. That said, I still recommend you take steps to secure your shit. The only passwords you should know by heart is your PC login password, and your smartphone login password.

Also, if you aren't encrypting everything, you're leaving yourself vulnerable.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.