[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm too insecure to hold my own opinions and need the opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1485220337131.png (2KB, 163x209px) Image search: [Google]
1485220337131.png
2KB, 163x209px
I'm too insecure to hold my own opinions and need the opinions of others for mental support and stability. How do I grow past this?
>>
>>18599592
Bump cuz im the same way
>>
The way to overcome that is not to take this advice, but by figuring it out yourself
>>
>>18599592
What if I told you this is the wrong opinion to have?
>>
I wish I could tell you. I struggle with the same thing.
>>
Did you have dad he should set an example for you to follow.
>>
>>18599592
just look at major opinions on things and decide
> ergo abortion
my policy is go for it just don't make me pay
anything like that
>>
>>18599592
I feel like this is actually a common problem shared among many of 4chan's users, and it is one of the reasons you often see a specific opinion or idea parroted so often here. Luckily, you have caught on to the realization that you're doing it, and that's better than 99% of people.

There are two major ways to fix a reliance of validation on one's beliefs.

>1.Build a catologue of first hand experience. Go out and talk to people that are involved on any given topic you may be struggling with, or better yet, go get involved with the things you're curious about. By the way, when I say talk to people, I mean physically go to a place that deals with the topic and talk to someone whose money comes from the thing. Ask them the pros and cons, and don't be afraid to play devil's advocate.
>2.Re-research. Wipe your slate clean, from this moment forward. Actively ask yourself about every topic and question what you truly think about those things. Afterwards, go check out a book related to your subject. Don't read a Wikipedia article or start a thread on 4chan, don't ask your buds. Read and do research until you are confident you understand the basics.

There was some researcher, a long time ago that did a study on people that were confident or anxious about the things they knew. He found that people that considered themselves "masters" of their craft were often not as knowledgeable as they thought they were. Meanwhile, people that were less confident in their skills were far more knowledgeable, even more than some of the masters. It turns out that if you think you know everything, you may be limiting yourself. But if you are actually familiar with a subject, you may truly understand how complex and multifaceted it is.

What subject brought you to your realization, Anon?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.