[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommate dispute: who's wrong? Last Saturday, my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (18KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 240x240px
Roommate dispute: who's wrong?

Last Saturday, my girlfriend and I turned in early, like 9:30, because we had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before. Roommate comes home at 1 am from clubbing or whatever with a bunch of people and proceeds to play music and they all talk loudly (after he wakes me up to let him in, since numbnuts forgot his keys).

I get fed up, go out and tell them all to please keep it down, I'm trying to sleep. Roommate then knocks on my bedroom door and tell me I embarrassed him infront of his guests and that it's the weekend, therefore I have no right to expect silence. I tell him it's almost 2 fucking am and that I don't expect him to be silent, just turn it the fuck down.

He throws a hissy fit and all, but turns it down slightly. Who's wrong? This is the only other time out of two that I have told him to turn it down when I'm trying to sleep, and he brings people over A LOT.

TL;DR: Roomate says I have no right to expect quiet on weekends, even if it's 2 am. Is he right?
>>
>>18599548
Why doesn't he go out to a bar or something? That is very selfish of him.
>>
>>18599548
why are you even asking this? obviously he was wrong but so are you for not having set the rules that he can't do it in the first place knowing what kind of person he is.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
You're probably in the right. With that said, you're probably fucked.
Your landlord likely has better and more profitable things to do than to solve personal issues between tenants. Your roommate is probably not going to make any effort to come to a compromise.
Roommates are usually a bad idea.

I lived in my car for a year to save up for a down payment on an apartment instead of dealing with that shit; and even though my girlfriend at the time got impatient and left me, I was much better off once I owned my own place. I would unironically tell you to consider that, if you're a capable money saver and own a car.
>>
This is a bullshit roommate dispute that is basically a non issue. He didn't think to consider the time and wonder if you were sleeping (probably because he was shitfaced). You didn't make clear to him that you needed quiet beforehand and probably did sound a little rude when you told him to keep it down (which is understandable of course; you were tired). Big whoop, somebody is loud when somebody else is trying to sleep, fuckin tale as old as time. Just apologize for being brusque (even if you think you weren't), and try and negotiate having house quiet hours. Remember you'll get more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.