/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try to go for a chemical engineering major? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2450.jpg (309KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2450.jpg
309KB, 800x533px
Should I try to go for a chemical engineering major? I'm not very confident that I would be able to keep up due to my lack of mathematical intelligence. For example, I took geometry in 9th grade when many others already took algebra II. I've also heard that chemE is the 2nd most difficult engineering major.
>>
I don't know, that's what I wish I majored in, but I was good at math.
>>
>>18599452
To be honest with enough grinding anyone can be anything. But if you are not passionate in what you do what comes after graduation may become painful.

Most of X is the most difficult type of articles have no basis, so don't mind them that much.
>>
What's your IQ
>>
>>18599837
Don't know for sure, but I got 130-ish on the online norwegian mensa test, and a 58/60 on a leaked ravens test
>>
>>18599469
I don't know, I have this fear that even if I tried hard enough to earn the degree, I'd be mediocre once I get a job.

At this point I'm not sure if I'm an idiot who's incapable of his aspirations or just a betacuck with self confidence issues. Or both.
>>
How much if you wanting to do it is because of the Salary you see yourself getting because if it?
>>
my bro is doing a phd in chem engineering, he went through maths with some difficulties because he wasnt really good at it but it was doable, determination above all
>>
>>18600476
Do you know the order of math classes he took in high school?
>>
>>18599452
Mechanical Engineer here, back in high school I almost failed class because of math, but I've been doing really well ever since - I started understanding it at a much more fundamental level. Not sure if the same could happen to you, but here's the thing: Innate talent won't get you far in STEM. It might help you in one subject or another, but university classes advance so far so fast, relying on your experience or talent will actually be a hinderance. Sooner or later you will run into a class dealing with a subject that is almost impossible to understand, and the later that happens the harder it will be to realize putting your nose to the grindstone and studying your ass off will be the only way out.
As for confidence and difficulty, I'd say go for it. I was always afraid of not having enough motivation and initiative to keep up with university, but when I started I realized challenging myself with the difficult subjects actually kept me engaged and helped me stay on track.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.