[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I'm looking for a way to make new friends. Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1436893796573.jpg (77KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1436893796573.jpg
77KB, 680x907px
Hey, I'm looking for a way to make new friends.

Right now I'm 19 years old and I'm in a very weird place in my life. I went to an online highschool for pretty much all my years of HS so I haven't been able to make friends through school for a long time. I'm not looking to go to college either since I already own a business with my father that's doing pretty well.

My problem isn't that I don't know how to talk to people, it's that I don't know where to go to do it. How do I meet someone like me? Where are places you can go to meet like-minded people?

As a side note I do get along better with girls generally but most girls I meet aren't interested in nerdy shit
>>
>>18599012
>How do I meet someone like me? Where are places you can go to meet like-minded people?

What do you like to do? If the answer is "stay at home", then it will be hard to meet people like yourself, as hey don't leave their homes either.

Find some activity to do outside the house.
>>
Join a club/ get a hobby
Like model trains or hunting some shit that's how you meet people.....or hard drugs
>>
>>18599020
The main reason why I am asking is because I really don't like staying at home but due to my father I've been practically forced to up until now.

However, I do like seeing movies and playing games. I also enjoy reading
>>
>>18599028
Clubs? How do you even go about looking for those in your area?
>>
>>18599029

Two of those you do by yourself at home. See what mean?
>>
>>18599040
Well are you expecting me to list things I'm interested in or do you want me to suddenly start listing outdoor activities?

I go to the library to rent books, I go to the movie theater to see movies and occasionally arcades to play games. I'm essentially looking for where social people who like these things are located
>>
>>18599040
Well you have to go out and buy the drugs lol
>>
>>18599035
And Craigslist has a section for that stuff
>>
>>18599051
I'm a bit straight edge because I'm under 21 but hard drugs are retarded and I'd prefer not to go anywhere near them
>>
>>18599050

Conventions and stores seems like the most obvious answer. Maybe a drawing class if you are into anime or anime-style games.

But you'll have to try new things to meet people, that's my point. You can keep doing what you do and expect things to change.
>>
>>18599054
>Craigslist
I didn't say I wanted to die
>>
>>18599050
>>18599057

You CAN'T keep doing etc.
>>
>>18599057
Well I'm open to trying new things of course I just have no idea what I would do

Also conventions are disgusting half the time and most people don't want to be approached in a store
>>
>>18599056
I didn't suggest doing them you said where can I find people and social setting so on and so forth. I gave you two other ones and you chose to talk about drugs lol all I'm saying is jut browse CL you'd be amazed what you can find, and if not you can at least find a cheap lay
>>
>>18599061
You won't die just run people through the ringer, most times people are dumb enough to keep their real names on gmail, and you can just google them from there, at least that's why I do
>>
>>18599067
Your advice hasn't been very helpful and I'm not looking for prostitutes or drugs or anything like that I'm just looking to make friends so that I have a reason to get out of the house
>>
>>18599066

See? Already giving up and making up excuses.
>>
>>18599078
Thank you
>>
>>18599078
Well yeah, I guess I'm making up excuses for the store thing. Thanks man, I'll try just talking to people. The worst that can happen is they tell me to go away, right?

Still, I do want to find some way to build a long term friendship from that and that can be difficult so maybe I'll try conventions
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.