[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm struggling to understand if it's common or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1482750577370.jpg (60KB, 784x588px) Image search: [Google]
1482750577370.jpg
60KB, 784x588px
I'm struggling to understand if it's common or just my lack of luck, but a majority of the guys I've been meeting off tinder lie about their height. I don't list any requirements for matches on my profile and I truly don't care for height as long as the guy isn't shorter than me (I'm 5' 2"), so I'm starting to think guys just think I won't notice. But when I meet up with them and they're almost eye level to me and they've listed their height as 5' 8", I just wonder how dumb they really think I am.
It's insanely frustrating, and not because I care about how tall they are, but because I feel like lying about height makes the guy questionable from the very beginning. It's a turn off.
Do you think my frustration is unreasonable? Should I ask them about it? I mean, I have looked at it from a different perspective, and I'm sure it feels as disappointing as if a woman were to lie about her weight/body type.
>>
>>18598252
yeah make it your first question you ask my nigress

guys who do that are the worst
>>
>>18598252
I'm actually 6'2. Date me pls
>>
>>18598283
im 6'2 and a half do i say im 6'2 or can i lie about half an inch pls respond

brb putting my height into a dating app going to wait for results
>>
First, unless he specifically lists his height, it won't show up. So you are asking. Second, girls up their height a lot more in my experience. I've been on a date with a girl who listed (not on tinder) her height as 2" more than mine and she was shorter. Or a girl whose height was listed as 4" shorter than me but was more like 6" shorter with heels.
>>
>>18598294
Don't list your height on tinder, it's counterproductive and makes you look insecure.
>>
>>18598252
>But when I meet up with them and they're almost eye level to me and they've listed their height as 5' 8", I just wonder how dumb they really think I am.
Have you checked if you're wearing heels?
>>
File: 1497995140342.gif (1MB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497995140342.gif
1MB, 150x200px
>>18598297
im just trying to get my dick wet

this is the second time in 3 days i've heard that girls want to see height. and why would i be insecure kek
>>
>>18598305
The insecurity comes from giving an impression of "Hey girls look I'm tall! It's literally the only thing I have!"
>>
>>18598331
well it basically is right now, and i own it, that a problem?
>>
>>18598337
You want girls to think you're boring and no fun? Remember they only look at your profile for a split second.
>>
File: 1498167475570.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498167475570.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>18598371
well my big cock is pretty fuckin fun and i can dance so i think they get it
>>
>>18598378
Have fun, then. You will only get matches from certain types of girls. That's provided you're decent looking and can hide your autism.
>>
>>18598402
lucky me it's time to spray some seed
>>
>>18598252
i guess you're american? apparently there it's a big thing, so i guess it's understandable for men to lie if their purpose is to enhance their chance of getting laid
if you dont care about height, why feeling frustrated tho? just insult them about it if sex was awful
>>
>>18598252
5'7 and I don't list height or answer when asked.
Even if the girl is 5'2 if she's that shallow and worried I'm not going to bother. Unless she is 6'4 I don't see what the big deal is, most guys are going to be the same height or taller than you.

Same reason I don't expect women to list their weight. Most are going to weigh less than me. If I meet them and they are huge, it's just a loss. No crying over a little wasted time.
>>
>>18598252
is op here? can i ask a question
>>
I'm legit 6"2 1/2 and I straight up swipe left on any profile that says "6 ft and higher."

It really irks me when women discriminate based on height. Idk why.
>>
>>18598414
I am British

>>18598439
Sure?
>>
>>18598442
I'm 5'7" and sometimes swipe right on those just because. Those kinds of girls are dumb anyway, I even fucked one of them.
>>
>>18598297
Listing height is fine as long as you're 6'0'' and up
Otherwise you're just bragging about being king of the manlets
>>
btw this is why I hate /adv/. My point was, people lying about themselves, I couldn't care less about height, but I'd prefer not being lied to
>>
>>18598442
dunno, i wouldnt date a woman taller than me so that kinda equals out, even if the amount of women like that is infinitely small compared to the amount of manlets
>>
>>18598252
A lot of the conversation isn't actually answering the question. I think guys list it because it works. Sadly. If I say I'm 6'2 women will swipe left regardless if I'm uggo because they can be the little spoon. The worst part is that some women can't tell height/length. That's my guess anyways, don't hate the men hate the system/women that reward them for it. Or do, whatever works more.
>>
>>18598444
do you have kik or something i dont want to do it on the romanian retard helmet appreciation board
>>
>>18598451
everyone lies about themselves, the difference is just by how much. you will take your pics in a way that will make you a little better, push your strong points and hide your weak ones
i mean, it's part of the game
>>
>>18598456
Sorry I prefer not to. I like 4chan because I can stay anonymous, and so can you. Just ask here
>>
>>18598457
Well I don't feel like I'm lying about myself. My pictures are average and my description is a normie filter, what would be the point of lying anyway
>>
>>18598453
It's all about looks. Unless the 6'2" guy looks good he'll get passed on.
>>
>>18598460
you probably do shave your legs and crotch? put on some makeup? those are all little lies since they modify your normal look into a little better. im not saying it's bad or comparable to saying on your bio that obama is your uncle and loaned you his helicopter, just that everyone tries what they can to appear a little better.
of course, an obvious lie about height is pathetic, as it would be using pics of someone else body to get to it
dunno if clear
>>
holy fuck lmao, im 5 11 but i dont even bother with my height because i feel short as fuck
>>
>>18598452
True.

The thing is, as someone with a beard, non-white skin, and somewhat in shape, I'm fine with girls saying "beards only/no beards" or "whites only/non whites" but for some really odd reason, height is where I draw the line, even if I'm desirable in height.

I'm not bragging to a bunch of internet strangers, I just really don't know why other people's preferences in height is the only thing that irks me
>>
>>18598467
Oh, so while factually correct, you statement has no actual point. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>18598460
I think you just need to understand the motivation behind this. Every decent looking girl on these sites/apps has 1000 guys messaging here all the time. She has every single option and not enough time to check them all out individually so she has to find simple ways to pair things down. This is completely understandable but the criteria almost always used first off are the superficial things that guys can't change, like their height or how handsome they are (though this can be manipulated a bit). Shorter guys get cut by most women before they have a chance to meet them and show off their other positive attributes that compensate for not being the damn mountain in stature. So a guy that fibs about his height a little bit can get a date where he may not have before and thus has the opportunity to show off those good things about himself.

Now you may say, "well if he's lying then girls will just see him as a liar and never go on a second date!" and you're right in some cases... but if the options are, 1. tell the truth and have no chance or 2. fib a little bit and at least get a chance to present your case. Then you fib a little bit.
>>
>>18598500
nah dude thats tall

the 6 ft meme is just that

also if ur really attractive is really doesnt matter
>>
>>18598526
t. male assuming what being a female on tinder is like
>>
>>18598528
Hey man, I just go on what women tell me.
>>
>>18598526
You have obviously never used tinder and are using /r9k/ memes. Tinder is all about looks. Not height since it's not even listed. Good-looking guys get all the attention. Not ugly tall guys.
>>
File: 1497955321491.png (63KB, 435x498px) Image search: [Google]
1497955321491.png
63KB, 435x498px
>>18598536
>>
>>18598527
i dont even know if im attractive, im definitely not unnatractive but i swear besides having very fair skin i have the most average face. maybe i need to drop my body fat or something. i know i used to look pretty good when my hair was in a hy style but now its lomg as hell. i kind of look like my mom when she was younger.
>>
>>18598536
Actually I agree with this. From what I've been able to tell the picture and how handsome you look in it is pretty much the most important thing. It's not surprising in any way. I'm not saying height is the only thing that matters. I'm just saying that height is one of the first criteria that's used to filter the long lists of guys that women are contacted by. Also, I'm not specifically talking about Tinder. I was thinking more of the dating apps like POF or OK Cupid, those kinds of things. I've tried Tinder but didn't really like the way it was setup. And for the record, I never even implied that tall ugly guys get the girls.
>>
>>18598252
im 5,10 and i dont put my height in the bio. i let the pictures speak for themselves.
>>
>>18598547
>>18598432
>>18598447
when will they learn, if ever?
>>
>>18598526
I don't think you understand how dating works. Or attraction. For Tinder, most people swipe very fast, and in less than a second put the person in one of three categories: "Yes", "No", "Maybe". Only in the case of "maybe", they might read the bio. If it's particularly witty or somehow resonates, then it will make the difference to swiping right. "I'm 6'2"" is not something that would make any girl swipe right if she was on the fence before.
>>
basically tinder is like your fridge. you open looking for one thing, settle for another, then it turns out it tastes weird and you start wondering if it's bad or not, and it definitely could be better but meh, you don't care, you're not about to go shopping for fresh ingredients and cook something good
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.