[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college worth it? I keep signing up for classes and failing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (10KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
10KB, 234x216px
Is college worth it? I keep signing up for classes and failing them because I don't go. First semester went well but now I just don't seem to care. My parents are going to disown me for this but what can I do?
>>
> I keep signing up for classes and failing them because I don't go

Yah you really have to stop that, you're going to hate the debt you've accumulating from it. That and it might be destroying your GPA/transcript depending on how you're going about it.

It seems like you're going to school for the wrong thing. What are you going for and why do you think it doesn't motivate you? What sorts of things are you actually interested in or can see yourself doing?

To note, you're in a sensitive time of your life now. You still have some time, but the longer you delay completing post-secondary education or training the longer you'll delay the start of a independently, financially secure adulthood and career.
>>
Is college worth it? For some, yes. For most, probably not. Guess which category lackadaisical truants fall into, and there you are.
>>
>>18598165
I don't pay for it I have it paid for already. When I was younger my parents paid 5 grand for something that may cost over 80k so long as I went to an instate school. Also did my AA degree in highschool so I didn't pay for it then either. I guess I'm some silver platter asshole. I don't have any burning passion for something I would.liie to do yet. I just want to be financially secure in the future no way u could afford a house making even 30k a year
>>
>>18598144
Get a full-time job in retail over a year or two and realize firsthand how bad life without an education sucks, then go back to school with a renewed perspective and do it right this time.

I dare you to go out and live on your own and have the stupidity to not show up for work. You'll be q hobo real quick, loser. Time to grow up. You're an adult now. Handle your fucking business.
>>
>>18598196

In that case then you need to stop making your parents paying for that kind of stuff, money == effort/production, every bit you make them waste is another minute of their time working you've wasted.

That being said you should still get some sort of training. I would say for you to take a break but that's a risky recommendation; some people can take a year off just fine but if you have motivation issues that year can be 5 or 10 if you're not careful.

I wouldn't think it's impossible for you to get motivated though. My assumption is that you live in a bit of a fog right now, everything is up in the air and you have no strong sense of purpose or goals in life (yet). If I'm right you need to think about what you value in life, then work from there. Think about what you want to look like and be doing in five years, etc. If you're not sure where to start I can bring up some resources I've used to help point you in the right direction.
>>
>>18598144
Sounds like you don't want to be in college. Stop wasting your time and get a full time job. You can always return to school if you change your mind later in life.
>>
Why don't you go into apprenticeship?

Plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, etc.

They make pretty decent money, and 90% of the 'schooling' is hands on work.
>>
>>18598144
Why are you taking up a spot that someone who really wants to make use of college could use? That's like ordering a big meal and throwing it away while others around you are hungry
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.