[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>top of my first year undergraduate class >not socially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1501683407261.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1501683407261.png
57KB, 184x184px
>top of my first year undergraduate class
>not socially awkward so get to know the chads
>although i prefer being alone and only with a one or two people not on my course to chill with
>make a group chat with a brainlet and other relatively intelligent coursemate
>we help eachother out
>other people on course also ask for my aid in difficult or just plain basic areas if you actually spend 15 minutes studying
>dont want to help out everyone
>but still do as not to be a douche, but i retract giving out my entire knowledge (but still seen as intelligent)

So my question(s):

1. Do i now just ignore peoples crys for help i could hardly say i hang out with?

2. Hardly hung out with the ppl on the gc (only two ppl, excluding me) but created on understanding that we trade info to get better grades on course- this gc was created by the brainlet. Do i still help?

3. I dont want to help as itll increase my competition and/or create a cycle, dont like my class, feel used (unless i like them/""friend"", or they are just stupid) Is this bad? I want to persue a Phd

4. I got 4.0+ in burgerland. Do i lie about what i got to get off the radar, although some already know my previous work
>>
Note: im from a UK uni. If it makes a difference culturally..
>>
>>18598014
You have to reject them in a way that makes them feel good OP. For example, if someone asks you for help just say "sorry anon, but I'm watching game of throws later today. Did you get to the part where X event happens? It was great!". Another example, "sorry anon, but I have to grab lunch. I'm super hungry , and X is on the menu today, one of my favorites, and definitely don't want to miss out!"
>>
>>18598032
Awesome!

But most of them are via text messenger apps. How do I go about it on this plarform?
>>
>>18598034
Should be easier in this case. Just use the game of thrones example, but also send a picture of something from game of thrones (pull something off google). The additional picture will buy more credibility in your statement, and will often be something enjoyable for the recipient (remember, a picture says a thousand words). You can help them a little bit afterwords (wait a few hours after the text), but you should try to use one of the excuses 75% of the time, and help the other 25%. At least this way you can still remain on good terms, but cut down the frequency of their requests for help.
>>
Yeah, how about using the word NO...
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.