[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, how do you figure out what career is right for you. Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1400214930208.jpg (596KB, 2766x1364px) Image search: [Google]
1400214930208.jpg
596KB, 2766x1364px
/adv/, how do you figure out what career is right for you. Everything except for video games is really boring. Right now I'm 20. And no, I am not depressed.
>>
>>18597822
Hey dude! I am 20 as well and dunno what to do forward either. I am joining this boat.
>>
What career paths have you tried so far?
Video games could be a good choice tho, BUT remember making them is different than playing
>>
>>18597832
Good to know that I'm not alone, didn't find anyone irl in a similiar situation

>>18597833
I haven't tried much really. My mother is a local politician, so 2 summers I did some paperwork job for her office. I know these kinds of jobs aint for me now.

I did 1 year of an engineering degree, but again, I was just bored out of my goddamn mind and couldn't bring myself to do anything.

Right now I work as a barback in a local bar with some hipsters, that is pretty fun I must say, the pay is ok. It is a little taxing because I work overnight and sometimes feel like shit the next day. I can't imagine myself doing this job till I'm 30 though.

I know that I don't want to keep one job for too long. I know it sounds dumb, but when I keep doing the same thing over and over again it just gets boring over time and I fell like I'm stagnating. Ideally I would like to have an "action" job i.e. running around a bar. Creative jobs such as vidya development sound fine as well, but I never did any programming.
>>
OP here again, does anyone have any good experience with any character and/or career tests? I tried MBTI, I know im either ISTP or INTP, but the tests seems like astrology for men.
>>
>>18597822
Try different things. When I graduated from high school a couple of years ago they told us to expect to have various different jobs in our lifetime in different fields even
>>
>>18597822
Have you considered doing something with your interest in video games as a career? You could become a video game creator or something
>>
>>18597822
There's no easy answer OP, you have to look around, get jobs, see what you like. Eventually, you'll find something. It doesn't need to match up with your interests, it just needs to be fulfilling for you, and the only way to find that out is to try.
>>18597856
Beware of advice like this. Always be willing to try out jobs that match your interests, that's an opportunity you should never give up, but don't bank on it. Just because you enjoy it casually doesn't mean you'll enjoy it professionally.
>>
>>18597846
>>18597848
So what does your MBTI say?
Video games are much more than programming tho, just to mention a few options there are: concept art, 3d modeling, technical art, level design, sound, marketing
>>
>>18597822
try a bit of everything and you'll eventually find something that interests you - you will fail countless of times but ultimately it will be worth it
>>
>>18597869

Suitable careers for me according to MBTI are: Firefighter, Pilot, Police Officer, Detective, Pilot, Paramedic, Computer programmer, Farmer, Entrepreneur, Athlete...

Thing is, I'm already trying out some of these things, last summer I started a pilot course for small airplanes and I'm about halfway through. Flying is fun, but I just don't feel that "flow" that I get when I indulge myslef in games.

From this thread so far I understand that I should try many different jobs and see what I like, and also not to invest into one thing too much because maybe I won't like it.

What I'm worried about is wasting my time, because the sooner I find the right thing the sooner I can begin getting experience in that field and become proficient earlier. Thats why I was looking for some fast advice, But I understand that first I have to actually figure out what it is that I like by trying different things, and there is just no workaround to that.
>>
>>18597910
Some people start looking for the right job for them in their late 40's, so don't worry about wasting time, it will eventually be worth it.
I wish you luck, anon!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.