[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be way happier: think with your heart, not your head.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

How to be way happier:

think with your heart, not your head. the heart (spot where emotions are felt, the real you) filters your thoughts, even depression is enjoyable when you FEEL everything through your tender heart. when youre brainy, thoughts are intellectual, analytical, annoying - literally "heartless"; cold hearted. if you don't use your heart you lose it.

right now if you do it, you'll notice change in you, leave your head-centered reality and
drop down into your chest, within your ribcage.

listen to music that arouses the heart (e.g. beautiful piano music) - i tried this and suddenly cried, i've never cried suddenly and from music too. this is very enjoyable because you start liking different music and appreciating it in a way a head-centered person would be numb towards.

you'll enjoy subtle things - the world will become different and better because you're actually experiencing it, not just analyzing things with your brain like a robot.
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (44KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
44KB, 512x384px
>>18597807
>>
File: 1489771403744.jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
1489771403744.jpg
6KB, 245x205px
Teach me how to feel Senpai, I think I've tried to repress all my feelings for a while, thinking they were an obstacle, that they made me weak and vulnerable , thinking being cold hearted would make me deal with shitty situations easier and get ahead of others, but it's only made me miserable.

The other day I almost cried to a song, but I was on the bus and tried really hard not to cry so the other people there wouldn't see me. Never felt something like that before.

How to feel and how to express your feels toward others?
>>
>>18597813
its a feeling, go down into your heart and think through it. most ppl are firmly in their heads and ignore their heart.

so like when someone dies, they will rationalize not mourn. when someone talks, their main skill is to analyze (brainy.) this helps if you're studying, but not to enjoy your life.

try to listen to piano music and bring everything into your heart area (ignore your head, where the analyzer is located), this will train yourself to locate it and be happier.
>>
>>18597840
i only just begun, sorry idk.

that's great but people think you're a pussy if you cry in public.

my experience is i just got sad because someone i like rejected me. i went to my room and covered everything to be pitch dark, stayed in a bad mood and promised never to be happy again. then i realize life is better when i specialize in "feels", not "thinks".

if something embarrasses you, makes you cringe, angers you... don't try to suppress it. you'll change.

best tip imo, start listening to piano music or just imagine it playing. feel it in your heart.

i remembered this tune and played it in my head, it made me shed tears before i even thinked because i felt it in the heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXHgjNuprNY (skip to 2:49, idk the name of it)
>>
>>18597840
oh, and when you're not feeling anything, just being in your heart will make you peaceful because you're not pestered by annoying thoughts. you'll react more gentle to people because you're not thinking at them, you feel.

but really idk, i worry i cant follow through well enough with advice... i'm doing it again
>>
i guess that could work
>>
Hey
Shutup
>>
File: data19.jpg (37KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
data19.jpg
37KB, 241x250px
>>18597842

Thinking like this will screw you over harder than you'll ever realize. There's a difference between thought informed by emotion and judgement based off it. Judgement based off of emotion is the absence of judgement based off thought, which is something a rational being never wants to live their life by.
>>
>>18597807
It's about a balance. Basically, everyone saying, "Think only with your cold logic (if you even have any)," is wrong, and everyone saying, "Think only with your 'heart' is wrong." You need to use both, obviously.
>>
>>18597807
Just stop thinking with your heart, it wasn't made for doing that with anyway..
>>
I'm going through some hard times right now since I usually bottle things up and tend to overthink but this made me change the way I think

Bless you anon
>>
>>18597807
>beautiful piano music
like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOSXpRSWEM
>>
>>18597807
My rational thought is the only thing keeping me from killing myself over the loneliness my heart keeps forcing on my every waking moment of my existence so I will not be taking your advice. At least not today.
>>
>>18597807
>think with your heart
wrong. Thinking with your heart makes you a dramatic waste of time. Never think with your heart, and never reflect: that is the key to happiness.
>>
>>18600332
>never reflect
Good luck with that when you're 75 and on your deathbed.

Happiness is about knowing when to think with your heart, when to think with your brain, and when to use both. More often than not, good decisions require a lot of thought backed up by emotional resilience. Everything in life is about striking a balance.
>>
>>18600328
Don't think of emotion as painful, "pain" = avoidance...

I would opt for counseling and explore the potential of inherent spiritual growth.
>>
>>18600317
No more like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgtEUr_n9vM
>>
>>18600396
>>18600317
post more
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.