[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been to therapy, day treatment (intense therapy), am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: pbm36la9vfbz.jpg (560KB, 1080x1423px) Image search: [Google]
pbm36la9vfbz.jpg
560KB, 1080x1423px
I've been to therapy, day treatment (intense therapy), am on meds for depression, anxiety, and adhd, and I still don't feel "normal".

But recently I've been discovering that when I drink alcohol, like enough to get buzzed, that I feel a lot better and the closest I have ever felt to normal. I'm normally very scared to do anything and thats been the biggest source of my unhappiness in life, so many missed opportunities because I was scared. Alcohol removes this.

My problem is obviously I can't be buzzed all the time. What should I do so I can feel this way all the time and actually live my life?
>>
Also random question but what does it mean if a shy girl you're texting mirrors your texting schedule? IE: If you start responding after a few hours, she does too. And she matches the level of emotion in your text. Does it mean she likes you? And/or is insecure? Or is she just masterfully playing her cards to not overextend.
>>
Bump
>>
>>18597778
I don't have depression or anything so serious but I can relate to what you're saying. Beer is life. Wish I could drink it more often. I'm don't know what to suggest as far as solutions
>>
>>18597778
I drink to cope with my depression and anxiety too, it isn't ideal at all, but it works and meds don't. Bottom line. That's what non drinkers could never understand. Just be careful, it's easy to go too far. There's a time and place and above all else you need to be functional. In other words, don't give in and drink constantly. It'll make your anxiety worse in the long run, just learn to unwind when you can >>18597778
>>
>>18597866

Alright well thanks for the bump at least lol. Yeah I never really drank (I'm 25) because I thought drugs were bad and they'd always lead to horrible things (I guess thanks to things like DARE), but I'm discovering that pretty beer is the answer to all of my problems.

(Note to all: Its important I said MY problems, this is not going to be the case for most. My problem is anxiety/fear in social situations and nothing else, and beer is the solution to this problem I'm beginning to discover. I needed to "get out of my own head" and break down my own self imposed boundaries and limits and I wasn't able to do that on my own in all my years of trying. Anxiety runs in my family.)
>>
>>18597872
Just go and visit an aa group, it's full of people just like you. Your problems aren't special, your coping methods aren't special, and if you follow them to their conclusions you will be just like those in the group except you'll probably still be deluding yourself that you're a special snow flake. Stop hiding behind your excuses.

Source: I'm an addiction therapist.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.