[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be 20 year old Hispanic man >See another person on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1496847442952.jpg (67KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496847442952.jpg
67KB, 900x900px
>Be 20 year old Hispanic man
>See another person on the street
>Reach out to converse to them
>"That's a cool little dog"
>They remain silent
>Walk away and say "Nice to meet you" despite them never doing more than smiling
>Wonder if they thought I was a threat or a danger to them or their personal welfare

Will someone one day reciprocate, or is it normal to ignore other human beings you meet on the street in America?
>>
>>18596982
I think it makes people uncomfortable when a stranger approaches them.

Don't worry, I'm Hispanic too and I'm a little bit afraid of white people. I'm constantly anticipating the moment when a white person talks down to me in public for making a simple or common mistake. I'm starting to become slightly bitter toward them as well. Just cause of all the racial strife coming to the surface now a days. I realize it's always been there but now I'm experiencing it first hand and I do not like it.

I would say fuck it and just stop interacting with them. Sucks but it's better than being made to feel like shit when you're just trying to be friendly.
>>
>>18597068
I can't stop interacting with white people as all of my major friends are white.

I was never really accepted by other Hispanics as I don't look Hispanic (Ameri-indian), and instead, mixed-raced.
>>
>>18597068
Also,

A lot of the people I speak with are white in my neighborhood. I can't cut-off 3/4 of the populace just because they're scared of black hair and yellow skin.

I think I'd rather take my chances and gamble with a negative whirlwind.

I can forgive people that can't understand other people because of superficial things like skin-color, etc.
>>
>>18597088
>>18597080
>>18597068
At the same time,

White people look at other white people with mistrust. My white father was constantly told "You're doing something wrong, and I'm here to police you" by other people he met in this world.
>>
>>18597080
We'll we are American, of course we won't fit in with more traditional hispanics.

It's older white people that freak me out. Younger white people tend to be more accepting. I just don't want to be put in the situation where I'm being mistreated over something that's not that big of a deal. You see that shit all the time, at least online.
I've been told I look Asian, I've never been openly discriminated against by another Hispanic either. At least not to my face. However I try to expose myself to the culture (mine mostly) so that I have more in common with other hispanics. I can also speak Spanish so that helps.
I also live in a community with a lot of whites. And I don't cut off contact with them because of my fears, I'm just nervous as fuck around old white people. Or middle aged white people. I actually work for an old white dude ironically. I go clean his house (very stereotypical I know but money is money) and I'm usually on edge when he's near because I think he's gonna say or do something mean because of my ethnicity. But, it hasn't happened yet. So I keep telling myself it's just anxiety and he's not a mean man.
>>
>>18597164
You're being irrational.
A lot of older white people are very accepting of skin color. They're just disconnected from the world around them, so they can rely heavily on stereotypes.

Just watch-out for older and younger rednecks.
>>
>>18596982
>>Reach out to converse to them
>>"That's a cool little dog"
>>They remain silent

They were expecting you to then ask them for money.
>>
>>18597198
How did you deduce this?
I was just trying to have a conversation.
>>
>>18597092
This is true. I'm put off by my own race if they're giving off a bad vibe. That goes for any color of person. I'm not going to have my guard up around a white or black or hispanic dude if they're wearing a suit and look clean. I'll always have my guard up if someone looks sketchy/unkempt/dressed like a homeless person.

If you don't look like a sketchy person and people are shit to you, OP, that's their problem, not yours. You may just live in a shit place. I moved from deep in the south to up near the Canadian border, and I can tell you, that southern hospitality/niceness thing is a goddamn lie. People in my hometown are fucking terrible, judgy, mean-spirited folk. The people up here are almost too nice.

If you can't find people who treat you like a human, maybe it's time for a change of scenery.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.