[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got an airforce interview coming up. Because I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1489525769214.jpg (46KB, 626x623px) Image search: [Google]
1489525769214.jpg
46KB, 626x623px
I've got an airforce interview coming up.

Because I am 18 they want to know what I did at school, and my achievements there. (Such as DofE, or captain of the football team)

The thing is, I was a HUGE underachiever and never did anything.
All I have to say is I played rugby for the school for a year.

What the fuck should I do? This part of the interview is supposed to take 35 minutes and I have nothing to say?

Its my first interview and I don't know what to say
>>
>>18596854
What role you going for anon? You joing the raf?
>>
>>18596863
Yes I am. Going for an ground crew trade, but only until I pass the CBAT and can get an air trade. Forgive me for not saying which one.
>>
>>18596867
Just make some shit up anon, say you liked camping and hiking and stuff like that.

Bullshit it or exaggerate it.

Just don't say you've done anything that needs proof I.e DofE, what were your grades like?
>>
>>18596886
Can you give me some examples of things I could say that don't need proof?
They're mostly looking for team sports and team achievements, and they're a little hard to make.

I never took up an academic challenges either. I just did school and got out.

My GCSEs were primarily B/Cs, with about 3 As, no A*s though.

I haven't got my ALevel results back yet, but let me tell you now, they won't be above C.
I went through a lot of struggles during sixth form.
>>
>>18596854

>What the fuck should I do?

Nothing. Its the military. Their ranks are primarily filled with underachievers. Don't sweat it kid, they don't give a shit.
>>
>>18596892
Rugby is probably the best one desu I'd just milk the shit out of that, just not too much, just think of manly activities that fit your persona that you could you use.

You could have a CV emptier than a Somalians cake tin but as long as you do the usual interview shit; be confident, firm handshake, smile and sit upright you'll be fine, ask THEM questions aswell and you'll be fine dude
>>
>>18596911
>>18596903
Alright, you have me convinced. Mind helping me out of with what questions I should be asking?

A lot of the information has been given to me already, or on their website, so I've not really got a lot I'm uncertain of.

What kind of questions do they expect in an interview?
>>
>>18596915
Can't really help you out too much there, it was more of a general idea, I've never had anything to do with the military so I woudnt know. Best I can think is ask about what they will do for you, accommodation, possible deployments, when training will consist of.
One thing I can imagine would work quiet well is ask what you career prospects will be after you leave (unless you are wanting a career from it) and what transferable skills can be learnt that will help you in civi Street. That best I can come up with dude
>>
>>18596924
All help is appreciated, so no worries if its only a little.
Thanks for all the advice my dude
>>
>>18596854
talk about some time in a group class project you took on a leadership role and delegated parts of the project to your peers, but in the end they didn't deliver so you had to pull through for them and still managed to get a b. Make shit up like this. Shouldn't be too hard. Say you ran to be the class rep and barely lost. Say you were the captain of the rugby team. Say you had were in the debate team and won several tournaments. Say you were also a senior writer in the school paper. Say you were in a photography class and won a local competition. Say you made your own club focused on anime or video games. Say you won some scholarships but wanted to pursue a career in the military. Say you were a boyscout and a senior patrol leader but never got around to getting your eagle. Say you raised the most money in a fundraiser the school held and won an award.

Even if you did none of these things, you need to show them that you're capable of leadership. You don't want to be a grunt. Fake it til you make it and dress the part. Eventually it will fall in place for you bro.
>>
>>18596854
In these interviews they look for:
>why you want to join the RAF
>if you do any team sports or have a job (both these will help)
>do you have a basic understanding of current affairs?
>do you know what (as of in exercises and stuff) the RAF is "doing" at the moment?
>do you know what the job you're applying for involves?
>how your family reacted to you wanting to join (idk why they ask this)
>>
nothing, you are 18, you cant be an underachiever
>>
>>18597579
>>18597610
Thank you both for the advice, it is very very helpful!

>>18597673
Lol thanks
>>
>>18596915
I'd recommend you to do research on their offical sites and make a question up that cant be researched, only asked. Be creative, it doesnt matter if you are actually interested in the answer just ask it away. This is a common interview hack, most interviewers like it when people are capable of researching and such
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.