[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting being an alcoholic Not a diagnosed alcoholic but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1501067770021.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1501067770021.png
29KB, 741x568px
Quitting being an alcoholic

Not a diagnosed alcoholic but it's starting to fuck my life up. I've lost a job, lost friends, being in fights, lost girls, been in trouble with the cops recently and just done autistic things while drunk I woudnt dare do while Sober.

I drink about 3/4 pints everyday in the week after work and then just go mental at the weekend. I get a bit on edge if I don't drink.

I'm just intending to quit drinking in the week, not totally stop.

Any help anons? I've got a feeling ill find it really difficult (I start tomorrow)
>>
Distractions are your best bet in the early phases.

Do you have any interests or hobbies?
>>
Do you have any family you can ask for help and support? If you don't you might want to try AA.
>>
>>18596816
Yeah if I don't drink in the week I'll go to the gym, also play snooker weekly but usually end up having a few beers there anyway, could just have a coke or something
>>
>>18596856
Family are mostly alcoholics and all my friends drink quiet heavily, they should be supportive enough
>>
>>18596774
3 pints a day isn't enough to even cause physical harm or get you drunk enough to act retarded. So... do you actually drink more, or is it really just 3 freaking pints a day?

I was drinking 6 pints a night 7 days a week and never had any negative impact on my life. Never lost a job or a friend or got into a fight or legal trouble or any of that.

So... I guess what I'm asking here... are you sure alcohol is your problem or is it just a scapegoat you're using to justify/explain your past behavior?

Either way, stopping is a great idea. It's really just sheer willpower. You have to *believe* that you need to stop, and remind yourself of why you quit any time you feel like drinking. Also spoil yourself with bs the first few weeks. Whatever food you want, sweets, ice cream, candy, just whatever you crave, use it to push the desire for alcohol down. After a few weeks though you have to taper that off as well unless you want diabetes and shit.

Good luck, friend.
>>
>>18596856

>3 pints a day isn't enough to even cause physical harm or get you drunk enough to act retarded. So... do you actually drink more, or is it really just 3 freaking pints a day?

Sometimes it is more but it's sort of just a habit I'd rather not have, the financial implications of it and yeah if I don't have a beer after work I'll start craving one at some point

>So... I guess what I'm asking here... are you sure alcohol is your problem or is it just a scapegoat you're using to justify/explain your past behavior?

And yeah potentially but I do know for a fact some of the the things I've doneI woudnt have done Sober, it's like self control just goes out the fucking window

I think if I really cut down in the week I'll enjoy the weekend sessions more and save money aswell
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.