[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

been with gf for 3 years. have a very healthy and happy relationship.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1484345368861.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484345368861.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
been with gf for 3 years. have a very healthy and happy relationship. there is common recurring difficulty that really fucking upsets her and myself and i worry one day it'll split the relationship apart.
>something causes some sort of argument to start
>i am adamant that i am right, end up hurting my gf (never by insulting her or anything, but by being insensitive to her emotions or something similar)
>we stop talking for a little while
>i reflect upon the situation or we end up talking about it
>i realise that i was being an absolutely retarded cunt and caused a lot of hurt for no reason
when the actual argument is going forth i can never see that i'm wrong. it seems like about 85% of our arguments go this way. i want to avoid this and stop it, but i don't know how because i don't know why i do this in the first place.
>>
stop trying to win the argument. your fragile ego isn't worth losing your love. if you know you're right then calmly explain why it's right without putting her or her opinion down.
>>
You could try the Socratic method. Ask her questions until her answers defeat her own argument.
>>
>>18596705
I lost my lovely gf of two years recently primarily due to this. I highly suggest you find a way to solve this before it happens to you. Women will only put up with so much and there will always be someone else who doesn't do what you describe that they can and will leave you for.

It's not fair but the reality is if you want to keep a woman you must go above and beyond to make sure your personality is in line with what they want.

>>18596732
Don't do this. Most women dislike logical arguments and it will only piss them off. From their perspective feelings are more important and if you ignore that half of an argument you are setting yourself up for some heartbreak in the future.
>>
>>18596720
>>18596753
How do I stop doing that? How do I train myself to not get into an "i must be right" mindset?
>>
>>18596759
From your posts i think you feel like the more clever one in the relationship. Since you are the clever one who is always right, it shouldnt be a problem for you to pick the right battles and let the insignificant ones for her to win.

Tldr think before you open mouth and if you arent sure, dont say anything and simply cuddle / hug her. It is your qtie, treat her in ways she deserves.
>>
>>18596788
i do think i'm the clever one, but she is very intelligent and is almost certainly more clever than myself. i think a big part of it is i have serious ego issues.
>>
>>18596804
Well, first step is to realize where and what is problem. Everything else should be easy after that.

Good luck! And really try the hug thing. Girls require regular emotional upkeep. And not every cuddling has to end up in sex.
>>
>>18596705
disengage from the argument. its easy to throw a bunch of regrettable words and actions at someone when you are in a passion. try to do less reaction - slow down, breathe, make a firm intention not to raise your voice or otherwise let strong emotions through. sit down with a cup of tea together. anything to slow your roll
>>
Yeah make sure you really show you see her perspective and try to find a solution. It doesn't matter if you're right, it hurts her more telling her she's wrong.

My ex and I of 1 1/2 years broke up because she'd get upset over stuff I didn't think she should be upset about and I didn't take things more seriously.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.