[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been lying to my therapist about the extent of my problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0034.jpg (314KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
314KB, 1080x1920px
I've been lying to my therapist about the extent of my problems because I don't want her to try and intervene with my substance abuse problem and now my problems have gotten so big it'd be virtually impossible to hide them, while simultaneously it being virtually impossible to crack her with the whole truth.

How do I handle this gracefully?
>>
>giving money to someone to help you and lying so that they can't help you

Fire them and hire me as your new therapist. You can go ahead and abuse substances all you want and tell me whatever crazy stories you come up with. I won't judge.

I also charge $1 an hour less than your current therapist so its a very good deal.
>>
>>18596592
Oh, my country has free universal health care. I pay taxes for this shit whether I use it or not.

I'm tempted to just say everything is fine, I'm about to move to a new town anyway, and it's not like she gets informed about my criminal records as they happen.
>>
>>18596599
Why don't you change therapist it is clear you have no confidence in her ability to help you. If you are a guy ask for a male therapist.
>>
>>18596626
Oh, I've had a male therapist, he was an idiot and rambled a lot about shit that had nothing to do with me while making broad assumptions about my state.

Lying to him was easy, I'd just reply something neutral to whatever he said and just let him ramble for another 10 minutes until our time was up.

The matter is, I'm about to move to a new city and this is the last time I'm seeing her. I COULD totally get away with just lying to her one last time and start over fresh with a new one at the new place.
>>
>>18596637
Then get another one and keep trying till you get one that isn't a fag. Difficult to find I agree but there are some with real balls that might be able to help. I had one that had been an addict himself and I lied and fucked with him and he sat there patiently and laughed at me. Took awhile but the guy helped. But with you, if you don't respect them or they are truly idiots and its impossible it is a waste of time. Well other than to amuse yourself.
>>
>>18596642
She thinks that the antabuse has saved me because I'm no longer drinking.

Sike I figured out I can drink just fine despite of the antabuse and spent last night in a drunk tank.
>>
>>18596582
You can also ask for a more intense treatment, whether you do a substance abuse program or group therapy. You don't even have to bring up the drugs in the latter.

I just got told to start a substance abuse IOP in May, but I found I didn't relate to them, so I tried mental health IOP. Which has helped me very much, because I'm using the things they taught me.
>>
>>18596663
Oh screw it, I'll just lie to her one more time and ask for more intense therapy in the new town.

I hate confrontation because I'm a fucking coward.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.