[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife started a craft "business" (failing etsy store)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170728231705.png (214KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170728231705.png
214KB, 1080x1920px
My wife started a craft "business" (failing etsy store) about 4-5 months ago. She only really has 2 REAL sales (the rest are her family). She's wasting our savings buying more and more materials EVERY DAY (most of them sit in our closet, untouched) and complaining about how "busy" she is with fulfilling orders (her only recent orders were her grandmother and sister) and how she doesn't have time to cook or clean anymore. I try to help her in the beginning and giving her constructive advice and suggestions on buying inexpensive materials in bulk online, suggestions about what might be popular, ways to organize her time and all that but she continues to hoard overpriced materials from michaels and target and making things that 100000 other people have listed on etsy. How do I get her to stop this shenanigans? It's one thing for it to be a hobby, but wasting hundreds of dollars a month trying to upkeep a shitty online store is way different.

>tldr
Wife is wasting our money on her "business", complaining about nonexistent problems and doesn't accept criticism or advice. What can I do/say to get her to stop without divorcing her?
Pic not related
>>
>>18596416
Give her a few kids so she doesn't have time for this shit
>>
>>18596416
Have you tracked her spending carefully to show her how much of a drain and failure it is? This is unlikely to convince her because women are illogical, but at least it gives you the high ground and you can use concrete numbers so she won't try to say that you just don't want her to be successful or whatever dumb shit she'll try to come up with. At the end of the day, you you might just have to put your foot down and shut her spending off forcefully. Maybe you can use words to convince her though.
>>
Tell her that she should only buy new material with profits made from sales outside of her family. If she doesn't make profits from sales outside of her family then she doesn't need new material.
>>
>>18596430
My bad, I forgot to mention, we do have 2 kids already. She even shuts down most personal time with them because she's "too busy" with her bullshit.
>>18596462
I might try this.
>>18596467
I actually did say something similar to this and she gave me some shit about it taking a little for her business to "really get going" which I understand, but then I brought up the fact she's waaay overinvesting on shit too early and she freaked out and said I don't believe in her.
>>
>>18596481
God, this bitch is sick. She has the illness. Putting some pathetic online store before her own children. You need to give her some medicine, dude. Some real bitter medicine.

Does she have a job or does she sit at home all day?
>>
>>18596497
She just stays at home. She was a nurse until we had our first kid. She used to be a wonderful mother, always doing fun stuff with the kids, spending tons of time with them, keeping the house spotless, she's even an amazing cook, but then her sister convinced her to open an Etsy store and it has been awful. I just really want it to go back to how it was.
>>
>>18596515
Bruh, she makes no money and just spends yours on bullshit while not spending time with the kids and not keeping the fucking house?

Dude, I'm not even married to her, but even I'm getting pissed off. You need to get this chick in check, my man. Shut this shit down. Tell her she can have her hobbies and do her crafts, but ONLY if she completes her other duties, and put her ass on a BUDGET for supplies of 40-50 a month, whatever you can afford to literally piss away on nothing.

You have to remind her that the family needs a mother and a homemaker, not a fucking negative income, or even a positive income. Tell her you don't need fucking money, you need a wife.
>>
>>18596515
If your wife listened to her sister in the first place then perhaps she would listen again if it was her sister who told her to stop. Explain to the sister that your wife is showing unhealthy tendencies, that she is neglecting her children and leaking funds. Women care about childen, so you could explain that you had important use for the money (vacation, home improvement) that you're now losing and the children suffer. Women tend to ignore when grown men suffer but they listen when children suffer, so use that angle. Ask her if she agrees that the situation is turning bad. Ask her if she could talk to the wife remind your wife that this project is not supposed to make her familial and financial situation worse. Explain to her that you want to support your wife and that she is free to follow her hobbies, but as long as she cares about her children and their financial future.
>>
>>18596416
Hey, I make 4000€ every month on etsy
>>
>>18596552
I guess OP should have married you instead.
>>
>>18596430
Kek'd but probably true
>>
>>18596542
this, but like, maybe try it so that it's not entirely behind your wife's back, like if there's a situation where both your wife and her sister is there, bring this up first. and then later ask the sister.
>>
>>18596416
she probably just wants to feel like she matters and that she can do things on her own

typical housewife type issue, try talking to her about how she feels and less about the superficial problem.
>>
>>18596552
Are you willing to share what by, and what your strategy is?

(Assumption: Esoteric stuff, that is cheap and sells the "magic" part?)
>>
>>18596416
Just enforce a budget on the business
>>
OP she is depressed with her boring life and wants to be good at something

I suggest you both learn to scuba and put your money towards a few dive trips a year
>>
>>18596416
What you do is beat this bitch with logic. Women cant argue with logic, just emotion.

Im willing to bet that when you brought this shit up to her she had NO valid reasons for her bullshit. Nothing that made you go "oh guess she has a point."

You need to, logically, explain how much of a fucking idiot she is. Just like that. "Honey, youre being a big bitch and here's why."

What she will do is call you an asshole and that you dont love her or give a shit. That's what emotional arguing is.

DO NOT GET EMOTIONAL WITH THE BITCH.

Women win arguments because we give in to how stupid they are and start swinging. Keep yourself cool. If they see you arent reacting the way they hoped you will, the dumb bitch will run out of steam and have no emotion left to say anything besides ignoring you or walking away.

You hold your ground because you know, logivally and rationally, this bitch has no fucking valid reason for what she is doing. And you make sure to tell her that 2 orders for whatever stupid shit she is making is NOT busy.

Im telling you, call her out. What she is doing right now is YOUR fault. You enabled this knowing what was going on rather than shutting it down. Anything a bitch does is always 110% your fault.

So tell the bitch that her shit is going nowhere, it's taking money from the family, and if she wants to pursue it then her fat ass can get a job to pay for it.

She will bark back. Emotions dont push further than the 9 min mark so make sure to keep your logical points sharp. Dont apologize. Dont compromise. Call her out and stand your ground.

Also, be willing to take a loss. She might threaten to leave and that your a shitty husband and this and that, she is being a bitch so expect that to come. And if she does leave ask yourself one question:

What will you really miss?

Thats all I got for now. Typing with a phone is annoying.

Good luck, OP. Dont be a bitch.
>>
>>18596839
R E D D I T S P A C I N G

but still, is that you, Patrice?
>>
>>18596416
It's a woman's nature.
She shouldn't lie to herself, but I respect that she put some effort into a business. She probably wants to be loved and respected.

When I had my first kid, I bought these etsy hair bows. Then I got into making them myself. I probably have about $100 of unused product right now because I stopped when I went back to work. Will I use it some day? Sure. But now I work full time, and I don't have time to do much more than make a ribbon for a gift right now.

I never tried to sell them though, I just made them for my daughter and saved money not buying them from Etsy. In part, it made me feel like I was doing something so that if I was unable to find a job upon returning to the workplace, at least I could do this. But I got pregnant with my kids toward the end of a long stipended training program, and I was lucky enough to get a good job when I finished.

Also, I manage the finances, so I could see where I was going and stop.
But it's a female tendency. Nothing to get so hateful over. Try to love her for it and approach it from that place.

Tell her no more purchases until she makes X amount in sales. She can sell it to anyone as long as she makes the money back.
>>
>>18596872
Yeah, but you never said you were too busy to spend time with your daughter because you were making hair bows, right?
>>
>>18596515
How old are your kids now? It really just sounds like staying at home is becoming boring to her. I can imagine that her job as a nurse gave her a sense of accomplishment that she's now starting to miss. And while I'm not saying being a mother isn't important, if you have school aged children she might just be starting to get bored being at home alone.
>>
>>18596781
I was thinking this too.

I get weird like this too and obsess over a new hobby or something, it's really only be I feel unfulfilled with what I'm doing with my life. She needs excitement, or at least something that gives her life meaning. Maybe at one point it was your kids but now maybe she's grown bored with the housewife life. Don't be mad at her for that desu, that's why she freaks out when you try to shut her shit down. However if it's becoming a problem it needs to be addressed.

With that I have no advice. She's not going to stop unless she sees how much of a negative affect she is having. Maybe try sitting down with her again but actually have your expenses written down, maybe a bank statement showing how much money she is wasting. Then show her how much things she has and tell her she should stop buying for awhile. Then maybe bring up the kids not having their mom. And then offer her a new hobby that isn't as expensive.
Adult painting workshops are becoming popular. If she's crafty maybe she'll enjoy that, most allow wine or alcohol so maybe you can hire a sitter and go with her or something.
>>
>>18597109
I guess I did have advice, huh.

Anyways good luck op
>>
>>18596773
They probably just sell anime crap or old clothes if they make that much
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.