[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get people to take me more seriously when I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0026.jpg (86KB, 506x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0026.jpg
86KB, 506x451px
How do I get people to take me more seriously when I'm a mildly autistic idiot manlet with next to no common sense who sucks at doing normal practical stuff?
>>
Why SHOULD people take you seriously?
>>
>>18596271
Spend every waking minute working towards being a not mildly autistic idiot manlet with next to no common sense who sucks at doing normal practical stuff. It doesn't matter how well you pull it off, you'll at least be seen as an improving mildly autistic idiot manlet with next to no common sense who sucks at doing normal practical stuff, and thats better than being a stagnant mildly autistic idiot manlet with next to no common sense who sucks at doing normal practical stuff.
>>
>>18596274
Because I'd like to be respected and shit.

Like 90% of the shit I say makes people ask if I got any sleep last night but every once in a while I do have a point.

>>18596275
How does one actually do anything to improve any of those?

My sperg seems to be naturally getting better the older I get (I don't get how, but I've gone from having teachers question whether I'm honest-to-goodness retarded to having someone ask whether I'm self-diagnosed when I joked about it), but what can you do about being naturally not smart?

My bones have fused, nothing I can do about my height.
>>
>>18596292
>Because I'd like to be respected and shit.
So? "I want it" doesn't mean you deserve it.
>>
>>18596271
kill yourself
be reborn into something at least minutely acceptable
>>
>>18596299
I deserve to get treated like the weird pet because whoever rolled the dice when genes were picked out decided "fuck this one in particular"?

Being funny is the only crutch I have, but I'm starting to get tired of being the comic relief. I have thoughts and feelings too.
>>
>>18596307
You don't deserve to be treated as subhuman, but there's no reason you should be respected anymore than that. You're not entitled to anything.
>>
>>18596312
I'm not entitled to the same treatment as everyone else?
>>
>>18596271
People start to respect you when they see you aren't desperate for it.
>>
>>18596319
You're entitled to the bare minimum level of respect by virtue of being a human. You're not entitled to anything more unless you deserve it.
>>
>>18596320
Well I was emotionally neglected as a kid and fucking desperate for attention and validation.

Now what?

>>18596324
>unless you deserve it

Then what can I do to deserve it?
>>
>>18596319
who is this 'everyone else'? how far up the ladder are you looking?

right now i would guess you're an incel; the next step up is normie - work on becoming one of them, see it as the next step on the ladder.

incels are incels because they thrash around in a cesspool of desperation and attention-seeking - normies do it too but they mask it with understanding social cues.

normies are normies because they plateau at what is socially acceptable, and are now too afraid to take risks.

ergo, an incel should take risks to become a normie, and use the momentum to drive some kind of improvement.
>>
>>18596307
Nope. You deserve to be treated like the weird pet because whoever rolled the dice when genes were picked out decided "fuck this one in particular" because you've made it to wherever you are in life acting like a weird pet because whoever rolled the dice when genes were picked out decided "fuck this one in particular". You get what you put in, you are what you think you are. Ever notice how confident people aren't treated like the weird pet because whoever rolled the dice when genes were picked out decided "fuck this one in particular"? Because they don't act like the weird pet because whoever rolled the dice when genes were picked out decided "fuck this one in particular"

Change your mentality to being whatever the fuck you want. Everyone needs to do something different to improve, its on a case by case basis. You know what you want to improve on, just listen to your gut. Its screaming at you every day to so SOMETHING but you're too stuck in believing that you have to be what you are. You are allowed to decide, at any moment in your life, if you want to be a different person. Your body will take time to adjust, your mind will need to adapt, but it wont happen until you start.
>>
>>18596329
Just stop doing the things you said in the OP
>>
>>18596329
Realizing the problem and the source is a good start.

Next work with your feelings. Realize your reputation doesn't need constant protection and that people might even treat you better if you don't cling to them.

Also accept that changing might take a long time and just because you decide now to change doesn't mean you aren't still going to do autistic stuff sometimes. Give yourself permission to fail sometimes.
>>
>>18596334
Doesn't 'incel' mean 'involuntarily celibate'? I get that this is probably some extended definition of the same concept - men who hate women because they perceive themselves as being denied something that they are naturally entitled to (in this context, sexual services) - and in that case I vaguely understand something of what you're saying, but I still really don't understand how to get out of it.

And while that was not the point, I'll add that I am actually very very voluntarily celibate. Although there are times I would contemplate sucking a dick just to have someone be glad that I'm there.

>>18596341
Making people laugh has been my only card to play for so long, it's not really even me anymore, it's just the role I play to get people to keep me around.

How does one become someone that makes the whole room fall dead silent when he opens his mouth?
>>
>>18596347
I can't help consistently fucking up. I try to not make mistakes and ask as many questions as I can, but half the time nobody can warn me not to do ____ because it would never have occurred to them that someone would even attempt that.

I don't have whatever standardised scales and the correct script of everything in my head like other people seem to. Thinking outside the box and doing shit the way I GUESS it works is the best I can do.

>>18596352
I'm about to move to a new city and have a nice clean fresh start over there. What I'm worried about is how to not fuck it up there.

I do have a bad habit of tolerating people that I shouldn't, but I don't do it indefinitely. And when I'm fed up with someone, I don't burn bridges, I blow them up.
>>
>>18596373
So you are an idiot.
>>
>>18596373
First I have to say you answer really fast. Very cool :)

>I'm about to move to a new city and have a nice clean fresh start over there
Sounds great. But again I just want you to keep in mind it might be hard to change over night. Don't get frustrated if you first occasionally do stuff you swore to quit. Celebrate the small steps.

>I do have a bad habit of tolerating people that I shouldn't, but I don't do it indefinitely. And when I'm fed up with someone, I don't burn bridges, I blow them up.
I think I'm the same way. I keep telling people "no problem it's cool" when they do shit like cancel at the last minute and then one day I'm like "JUST BECAUSE I'M COOL WITH IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN KEEP DOING IT!". I've even cut contacts to a guy I've known like from the kindergarten over this.

I've recently recently realized that saying it's ok literally means it's ok if they do it again. I don't exactly have a advice for this as I'm still processing this myself too...
>>
>>18596410
Precisely.

>>18596423
I don't even say anything, and it doesn't even have to be directed towards me. I can watch someone act really thoughtless and inconsiderate and just decide I no longer want anything to do with this person, and if someone else wants to keep them around, I'm cutting that guy out too.

This has actually happened twice this year, so the group I was leaving behind has pretty much shattered completely anyway. I'm not going to have anything to return to if/when I move back.
>>
>>18596312
T.sexually frustrated manlet
>>
>>18596271

Maybe get some therapy. It sounds like you have some serious identity issues that requires more than just a quick verbal joust on an north-east tibetan basketweaving enthusiasts forum. You need a professional's help sorting through these issues, OP.
>>
>>18596271
Lol you sound like me.

Im not autistic but im doin alright. Just keep being better. I have an ecommerce business and a full time trades job.

I make money regardless of what people think. And i have a couple great friends and a good wife. Who the fuck cares. Youre a screw up. Everyone loves an underdog.
>>
>>18596474
Oh I've been in and out professional help for like the past 10 years, and they never find anything wrong with me. Like I've attempted suicide 3 times and I have a substance abuse problem but they always get dead set that I'm fine.

I'm yet to figure out a way to prove to them that I'm fucked in the head.

>>18596477
I'm about to start studying to one of the least respected career options out there (stereotypically preserved for trashy low-education women who have given up in life) and I couldn't go through sex to save my life unless I was heavily drugged or literally forcibly raped. Nobody is ever going to settle for dating me.
>>
>>18596491
Why would you choose such a career. Take it from me, a fellow screw up but with confidence and good self esteem.

People reward attendance effort and attitude. Youd be surprised at the caliber of job thatll keep you around as long as youre not a cunt. In trades youre on a roster. You get work or you dont. There are men and women way more skilled then i am that i get priority over even though i suck. Because theyre assholes and i just come in smiling and doin my best.

Also look into ecommerce and entrepreneurship. Git on google and head to the library. You may just be talented at shit that doesnt work around people. You may be better off making your own fortune at your own pace.
>>
>>18596510
Because I'm stupid.

I was too stupid to pass the entrance exams to university and I was too stupid to make it in vocational school. Nursing is all I'm going to be good for.
>>
>>18596521
Where the fuck is nursing not a respected occupation?
>>
>>18596629
This

>>18596521
Kay changed my mind. You need therapy.

If youre going to not only undercut yourself, but shoot down any advice anyone gives you, and act like a respectable career is shit just because youre doing it, then your brains way out in another galaxy.

Many have gone through what you are, many recovered, you need help. Posting here is uselwss for you.
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (230KB, 638x915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
230KB, 638x915px
>>18596629
Where I'm from.

They even have these kind of "please don't beat the nurses they're trying to help you" posters in hospitals.

No idea why they made that one look like a horror movie poster but that was the best example I found by googling.
>>
>>18596671
What can I say to them?

I've tried "people on the internet think I need therapy" and heard "oh they say that to everyone" for a reply.
>>
>>18596680
How about open with "i have unrelenting negative thoughts" instead of "the internet said..."
>>
>>18596693
This is the kind of sperg shit why people don't take me seriously.
>>
>>18596701
Yes and thats your state of mind and constant self doubt. Its probably affecting your behaviour and confidence too. That can be fixed.

Look i could lecture you on psychology and neurology or you can trust me. Your brain is a computer. It loves habits.

If you feel like a piece of shit all the time and cut yourself down, it will hardwire that shit and repeat and repeat and repeat without any intervention.

Intervention being your own choices and effort to change your life, medicinal, or professional, such as a doctor.

You are not going to walk away from me all better. Its going to take time. But youre definitely going to keep sinking your own ship until you realise thats just where youre at right now and it can change.
>>
>>18596709
I'll try to get a shrink or something.
>>
>>18596714
Make sure you get a physician referral.

Psychiatry is not a protected profession.

Some shrinks have a PhD in science based medicine and approaches. Most went online and took a 6 month course on talking to people.

Theres a massive difference in care and efficiency. A registered general practitioner can get you an actual psychiatrist.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.