[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Start school at 32 >Community college student >Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>Start school at 32
>Community college student
>Engineering major (robotics)
>UC I was planning to attend lost their accreditation for their engineering department (or something, but no robotics program anymore) this semester
>34 now
>Can go for mechatronics at a CSU
>The A.I. aspect is really what interests me
>Considering going towards software engineering with emphasis on augmented and/or virtual reality
>Still can get my masters in robotics if I choose to

The idea is that augmented and virtual reality both have to have the computers interact with the real world much like robots do

What is the flaw in my plan? Any advice? I'd like to still go towards robotics even as a software engineer
>>
>start school at 32.

kys. Employers think you're a waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjfClL6nogo
>>
>>18595816
What an asshole thing to tell someone, as if everyone has the chance to go to school when they were younger.
>>
>>18596083

Everyone does. Most people worked their ass off at a job or two while doing school.

If you didn't do it by 24, you're a lazy fuck.
>>
>>18596122
Not sure if you're really that clueless or just an asshole, but

At 24 I was doing construction. Not everyone has the chance to go to school, and that doesn't mean I didn't learn a lot of valuable lessons and traits that make me stand out in CS and engineering
>>
That's a very cool thing to do OP cheers for going for what you want.

One question are you nervous or scared because of your age ?
>>
>>18596152
Only in the sense that I don't feel like I want to waste any time - but I try to see the positives

My background in construction taught me leadership, decision making,communication, team work, and responsibility skills. I'm not socially awkward or weird like a lot of CS / eng people, but I'm not going out and doing irresponsible shit like a lot of college students do
>>
>>18596147
>>18596152

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2XO0Opa5Q

You'll never have enough money, you'll never be pretty enough, smart enough, fast enough. You gotta do it anyway.

Or whinge and go back at 30 and look like a total loser.
>>
>>18595770
It's a solid plan. My adv would be to supplement your school courses by routinely doing reseach on the topics you're interested in.

Tinkering with microcontrollers might be a good way to form a rudimentary "big picture" regarding the different fields of engineering that robotics encompasses.
>>
>>18596188
Why do you assume that people share your insecurities?
>>
>>18596227

Because there's literally no other reason not to go to college right after high school.
>>
>>18596232
Not everyone has had the easy, straight-forward life you've been given

The type of parents a person has, whether or not they have parents, the city they're in, their upbringing, a person's natural talents and interests all effect what's going on around 18 years old. And even then a good majority of 18 year olds are making poor choices regarding their careers and lifestyles.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.