[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the average amount of of make-up women wear during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1488238773483.png (2MB, 1600x1998px) Image search: [Google]
1488238773483.png
2MB, 1600x1998px
What's the average amount of of make-up women wear during the day? Is it just mascara and concealer, or do most girls go for the full foundation+eyeliner+lip color?

I've never bothered with makeup because I've always been a lazy fat pig so what's the point? But I've lost some weight, started dressing better, and I feel like it's time to change my face to match. I've been trying to figure out what is normal from looking at other women, but if I stare too long at strangers' faces I look like an autist. My mom's no help and I don't really have friends to ask.
>>
>>18594270
>What's the average amount of of make-up women wear during the day?
Too much.

Also the more makeup you wear all the time the shittier your skin will get ironically because all your pores will be all clogged up all the time.
>>
It's better to wear little make up and look good than it is to wear a lot of make up an look beautiful because as soon as you remove the make up people are going to drop your ass faster than an Antifa cuck.
>>
Less is more.

>t. have friend who used to use very little makeup and looked very qt, until one day she had the same thought you did and caked it on every day, making her look like a party clown
>>
I wear BB cream, a touch of a neutral eyeshadow, mascara (after curling my lashes) and lipbalm. Sometimes a little bit of eyeliner, depending on how I feel and which mascara I'm using. I'm probably somewhere in the middle in terms of time spent and number of products.

Disclaimer: I'm not from the US; it's my understanding that girls in the US wear a lot more than girls where I live.

>>18594282
>Also the more makeup you wear all the time the shittier your skin will get ironically because all your pores will be all clogged up all the time.
This is a myth to a degree. As long as you clean it off properly at the end of the day, don't cake it on and listen to your skin, you'll be fine. In many cases, makeup contains SPF which is something lots of people overlook to wear, which means you're better off than lots of people who don't wear anything.
>>
>>18594282
My skin's already kind of shitty, though. I'm prone to breakouts, but even when it's clear my face has these blotchy red patches. Like, on my forehead there's this formation of faded red freckles that make this sort of V shape I've head since I was a baby. I think it's a stork bite, but those usually disappear. It's not obvious they are freckls, but from a distance it just kind of looks like I've been scratching my face until it turned red. My cheeks and nose always look kind of red too. Makes me think I should probably cover it up even though I hate the way foundation feels on my skin and clogs my pores.

>>18594286
>>18594288
So just like mascara and concealer, then? I'm prone to baggy eyes since I don't get much sleep.
>>
>>18594294
I don't know, I'm not a woman I don't put make up on.
>>
>>18594294
>My cheeks and nose always look kind of red too
Most guys would think this is cute, since it makes it look like you're blushing

A lot of people do makeup to try to look like this, you've already got it naturally
>>
I know you're going to say no, but the only way we can give you a reasonable answer is to see your face with the makeup you do now to tell you what to work on or change.
>>
>>18594270
There s tinted moisturizer and natural oils you can get to get a healthy looking glowy skin. Curl your eye lashers and put mascara on. It looks very natural and not over done. The whole thing takes like 10 minutes. Full coverage make up is time consuming and looks extra af if you're going to work or to run errands.
>>
>>18594293
>>18594293
I've never tried BB cream before. When I'm trying to make myself look nice I wear foundation. Is the benefit of BB cream that it has sunblock?

>>18594297
It's like a blochy red that comes from freckles and imperfections on the skin.

>>18594300
I don't really wear make up now unless I'm going out for something special since I'm not confident in my ability to do it right.

>>18594305
Thank you, this sounds like advice I can follow. I've never even considered curling my lashes before. Does it really make a difference?

Do you have any reccomendations on brands of tinted moisturizer?
>>
>>18594311
>Is the benefit of BB cream that it has sunblock?
Lots of foundations have SPF too. The difference between foundation and BB cream is that BB cream is lighter and is more moisturising. It's probably closer to a tinted moisturiser than a foundation, but you can build it up to medium coverage. It's good for daily use because it's faster and easier to apply than foundation. Do note that I'm talking about Korean BB creams though, not the western ones.
>>
>>18594311
It makes your eyes look more open when you curl them. Just don't yank them.
Physicians formula is a good brand but pick something based on your skin type. I have oily / combination skin however the oil nor moisturizer make me break out which is great.
>>
Try putting on mascara, a bit of eyeliner and maybe some colored chapstick or lip balm if you dont want to bother with lipstick. Foundation or powder would help for the redness but even if you just do a bit for your eyes and give your lips a bit of color youre good
>>
>>18594270
depends on the job. generally very little to none for me, unless I know I'm going to be somewhere where a lot of people will be looking at me: for example on camera, or at an important dinner party.
>>
>>18594317
Do you think there's a difference between the korean and western ones?

>>18594326
Does the curling effect last throughout the day? Seems like it wouldn't hold to me.

I'll look up that brand, thanks. I'm honestly not sure what my skin type is right now. It used to be oily, but lately it's been feeling more dry.

>>18594333
I've been experiementing with tinted lip balm, actually. The one I got from burts bees doesn't really seem do to anything.

>>18594339
I work in retail actually, so since I'm in customer service I feel like I should maybe present myself a little better than completely bare-faced.
>>
>>18594347
>Do you think there's a difference between the korean and western ones?
Yep, Koreans tend to place a large emphasis on skin care, so their BB creams have skin care benefits. Western ones are half-assed tinted moisturiser/foundation hybrids and do neither job properly.

>Does the curling effect last throughout the day? Seems like it wouldn't hold to me.
Once you've curled your lashes, a couple of coats of mascara will help hold them. Some mascaras hold a curl better than others, so it's just a matter of experimenting.
>>
File: highlighting 101.png (297KB, 816x627px) Image search: [Google]
highlighting 101.png
297KB, 816x627px
I usually only wear makeup if I have the time/energy (so about 1 out of every 4 days) but this is what I find is the easiest to do and has the greatest impact: eyebrows, mascara, and blush/powder highlight.

I don't mean insta-thot ombre eyebrows because those very rarely look good on anyone, just buy a really cheap powder set or stick. I would recommend the eyebrow wax/powder set by e.l.f. Put the darker shade on the tail of your eyebrow or lightly in center if you have very sparse brows, then go over the whole brow with the lighter powder. Then (and this is very important) use a spoolie or comb to brush through your eyebrows. Brush upwards , and to the side. If that's too much, or you're willing to spend more money, I would recommend the boy-brow stick from glossier. It's simple, natural looking, and pretty much impossible to fuck up you just brush it through and it adds pigment to your natural hairs.

Mascara is pretty simple. Most cheap brands work fine, but I would recommend benefit or too-faced if you want something more substantial. Keep your strokes light. you can even just hold the applicator still and blink to apply and that should prevent it from clumping too much. Overall just don't overdo it. A little bit of mascara goes a long way.

Finally, buy a multipurpose pink tinted powder (assuming you're white.) Again, if you have cash to burn I highly recommend benefit's blush/highlight powders. I usually just apply it above my cheekbones, the corner of my eyes, and the tip of my nose. The diagram I post is a pretty good thing to go by.
I'm new to makeup myself, but I've found just by doing the aforementioned routine I can improve my overall look substantially.
>>
>>18594380
I'll make sure to buy a good brand of western BB cream, since I don't think I'd be able to tell what I was doing if I tried to get something korean. Thanks for the tip!

>>18594424
I was wondering about eyebrows. I have very dark hair, but I feel like the hair at the ends is too thin. The shit my mom got me as a gift has been useless, so thanks for the reccomendations!

I had no idea that pink blush was used to highlight. I've got a lot of random make-up crap lying around because I buy it thinking I'll use it, but then get completely confused. So I do have some pink blush, but I've never tried putting it anywhere other than my cheekbones.
>>
>>18594444
>I'll make sure to buy a good brand of western BB cream, since I don't think I'd be able to tell what I was doing if I tried to get something korean. Thanks for the tip!
Nice quads. And honestly, buy Korean. I've tried a couple of Western ones, and they're just not great. Since they're so light, you don't have to stress so much about the right shade 'close enough' is fine. You can also get samples from ebay and other more reputable websites like cosmetic-love and iherb. Missha M Perfect Cover (pic related) is what I'd recommend as a good basic BB cream, but there are other ones that people swear by.

Also if you want help getting started off with makeup, try /cgl/'s Makeup Generals and don't underestimate YouTube tutorials either. Just stay away from the bigger channels, they're all money-hungry
>>
>>18594458
12 bucks on amazon doesn't seem like too much of a risk for that korean BB cream. Any tips on matching skin tone? I'm on the paler side for a white chick, but I feel like asians tend to be lighter.
>>
File: ideal blush.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ideal blush.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>18594444
Could you tell me what pink blush you own? Because I wouldn't say it extends to all blushes. I would only use it on my nose/upper cheekbone if it's a very light, almost iresdescent, pink. Otherwise it might look very unnatural.
>>
>>18594474
Sephora brand. Shade is called "rose rebelle". It's light, but I don't know if I'd call it "very" light. It's very pink.

That makup brush looks very cute. Does it come with the blush?
>>
>>18594488
It does! Benefit is kind of pricey, so I would recommend buying the cheaper, smaller packages before committing to like a $24 box of blush.
Also I just looked up rose rebelle, and it's a very pretty shade! Although I can't tell how pigmented it is and therefore am unable to guarantee it will make the best highlight. I would recommend applying it in the spots I mentioned earlier and just seeing how it looks. If it looks natural and brightens your face (a sort of rosy, fresh glow is ideal) then you've found a keeper!
>>
>>18594496
I'll give it a try. Thank you for all your advice!
>>
When I was younger I would only put it on when I was going out at night, even then,I liked the natural look. Some concealer, a little blush, eyeliner, mascara and light eyeshadow to compliment my eye color.

Now that I'm in my 30s, my good completion won't cut it anymore. But since I didn't work it into my routine in my 20s, I find it hard to put it on regularly, as I should.

But really, just a little bit goes a long way.
>>
>>18594270
I focus on skincare, to make sure my face looks good without make up. On regular days I just wear mascara.
Before I cared about skincare or if I have a bad skin day, I go with a very light foundation and concealer other than mascara.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.