[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>another night alone in my room >another weekend at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: eYgNwqc_d.jpg (130KB, 640x1308px) Image search: [Google]
eYgNwqc_d.jpg
130KB, 640x1308px
>another night alone in my room
>another weekend at home
>tfw no friends
how am i expected to have a life, when i have no one to do things with

>coworkers all have parties to go to, or get togethers with friends (food, movies, board games, etc). so their lives are always interesting
>they always have some story, at least half of them involve antics while drunk

while i have no friends, so i just stay at home all the time

how do i become interesting and live a more interesting and "adventurous" life?

>tfw haven't had a friend in over a decade
>haven't "gone out" with friends in over a decade
>>
Try and tag along to one of these numerous that your parties always go to.

Also, consider that you may just be an introverted person who doesn't need to go out to have fun.

Society has a tendency to demonize people who stay at home all the time when in reality there's nothing wrong with it. You're just getting manipulated by supposed societal norms that have you thinking there's something wrong with you when in actuality your normal and there's tons of people who are homebodies.
>>
I was the same way op, still kind of am. My problem was that I always felt unwanted, that if someone invited me out it was out of pity. Recently I have been able to shut that mindset out and just learned to say yes. In the past couple months I've been happier than I have been in the past 2 years. What I'm trying to get at is to do anything with anyone, even if you don't find it fun, and eventually you'll be invited out more and more. Also try drinking some alcohol, it always helps me ease up and become more sociable.
>>
File: PRVmiqN_d.jpg (91KB, 640x878px) Image search: [Google]
PRVmiqN_d.jpg
91KB, 640x878px
>>18594123
how do i tag along without seeming like a needy weird loser
>c-can i come

>>18594147
what if i dont get invited places?

i have no friends, and the only people i see regularly are coworkers. none have invited me anywhere

i do go to the work socials, but often don't talk to many people. i dont know what to say to add to a group conversation
>>
>>18594162
>>c-can i come
Yes, just like that. If they accept. Awesome. If they don't accept then they aren't worth being your friend anyways so move on none the wiser.
>>
>>18594087
>food, movies, board games,
If you want this, there's probably a meetup group near you with exactly that. There's one near me that's a guy who has a huge house and just invites people to come play board games there. There's also probably at least one for seeing movies. Easy way to meet people.
>>
>>18594087
Are you ever the one who reaches out to others? Do you ever suggest to coworkers "let's try that new restaurant for lunch" or "Anyone want to come see the new movie this weekend?"

From the outside, shyness can look a lot like aloofness. Unless you reach out, they can get the idea that YOU don't like THEM, and they'll respect your privacy by not invading it with invitations
>>
File: C2kmn9u_d.jpg (84KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
C2kmn9u_d.jpg
84KB, 640x799px
>>18594168
>>18594675
I'm socially awkward though

I'm not close to my coworkers, plus, they all know I'm autistic. I've been invited to lunches before, but during or after people actually have asked me why i dont say anything

they don't want someone who can't add to the conversation with them
>>
>>18595141
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, also stay at home a lot and don't talk much. I have a few friends that don't mind that and I do something with them from time to time. Just be nice to people and with a bit of luck you'll find people who won't mind your reticence.
Meanwhile ask yourself if you really want to go out all the time or find something that will make you happy on your own, improve yourself.
I suggest to start working out, learning an instrument, finding nice new music, maybe travelling etc. If you then have the oppertunity you can also talk about these things.
Maybe make friends online?

https://youtu.be/W9AHCymAbyg
>>
File: 36346464372.jpg (8KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
36346464372.jpg
8KB, 307x164px
>>18594123
>in reality there's nothing wrong with it
there is something wrong with it, for them
you aren't driving their revenues up, hence the society that profits off of you will attempt to shame you
where do you think the meme "millennials like muh experiences" came from?
>>
>>18594087
Then go do something you like by yourself, no need to be autistic about it.
>>
File: VxzFFGq_d.jpg (110KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
VxzFFGq_d.jpg
110KB, 640x960px
>>18595211
thanks for the advice

>>18595342
like what? none of my coworkers seem to do things alone. it's always with their friends or significant other
>>
There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry and you want to die

video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpILIIo9ek
>>
Consider that you may not actually like "going out"

It took me a while to realize I fucking hate "going out"

I joined a local soccer gathering and a weekly bi-weekly DnD group and my social life has gotten way fucking better. When I moved I got a membership to this art/wood-working space and met some cool guys there. I'd like to try a gun range as a hobby, but it's expensive as fuck.

"going out" is a shit meme sold by the alcohol/bar industry and pushed by every pop song. It's expensive, unproductive, bad for your health, dangerous, and hangovers fucking suck ass. I'd rather just have 2-3 beers or smoke a bowl. Being wasted is fun for like ten minutes, and the next day you are totally fucked.
>>
>>18594087
In conversation I literally just use stories from 4chan and pretend it was my friends who did them.
>>
>>18595920
>"going out" is a shit meme sold by the alcohol/bar industry

Dude, pubs and social gatherings involving alcohol are ancient, and have been a HUGE part of western culture for literally millenia.
>>
>>18595935
Pubs and bars yes, I'm talking more about "in da club" culture.
>>
>>18594087
You start by getting out of r9k

Respect women
Stop browsing pol and r9k
Don't use fb
Respect gay people
Get fit
Get a hobby or get extremely skilled at work
Read books, real books, start with the classics
Treat women like people
No. Not pol
I said get out of r9k
Eat your veggies

That's it OP, I fixed your life

Also, get goals
>>
>>18595986
> Get a hobby or get extremely skilled at work
> Read books, real books, start with the classics
> Eat your veggies

That's gets really boring, you reach a point where you have nothing to do. The idea of just reading forever might sound good when you're stressed with work but it doesn't work in reality, you just feel empty and want something to do.

I have one of those "luxury" pent houses in a city. I am very skilled at work. Sometimes I connect to my work PC and push ahead with projects, however working more the 40 hours a week makes co-workers think there's something wrong, it makes you feel like a weirdo. I don't want the logs showing I connected at weird times.

I'm fine for women, I've fulfilled the fantasies. I'm not content with going to a pub or bar every day or even multiple times a month, only an alcoholic would be.

I'm not OP but I imagine he's talking about something similar.
>>
File: sQEYb9O_d.jpg (58KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
sQEYb9O_d.jpg
58KB, 640x852px
>>18595887
>So you go and you stand on your own
>And you leave on your own
>And you go home and you cry and you want to die
these lyrics are too real ;_;

including the parts earlier about having a shyness

>>18595920
i included other things coworkers do when out too, like going to restaurants, movies or getting together and playing board games. even escape rooms

i dont have friends in the first place to do any of these
>>
>>18596059
meetup.com
>>
File: 1491319753953.gif (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491319753953.gif
22KB, 400x300px
>>18595986
Jesus man, it's like you don't understand anything at all
>>
>>18595986
useless meme advice.
>>
>>18594123
>>18595320
>there is something wrong with it, for them
>them

I am interested in this redpill.
>>
File: mahmoud_srsly.jpg (36KB, 207x448px) Image search: [Google]
mahmoud_srsly.jpg
36KB, 207x448px
>>18595986
>Respect gay people
When did OP mention anything about homos?

Either this is shitty bait, or you're a flaming tool.
>>
>>18595986
>Respect women
>Respect fags

Nah fuck that

Nope, fuck that
>>
>>18594087
OP, after reading through the thread I hope you realize the people who claim they don't like going out/it's a meme are the worthless losers nobody wants to hang out with and you should discard their advice.

You need to, first and foremost, start developing yourself (body, culture, sense of humour, kill the shyness) then start talking to people and either they'll invite you for stuff or you invite them. It's simple.
>>
>>18594087
>>18598302

Oh and the thing is your personality is all wrong. You're the kind of little bitch with no will of his own, always passive and never active, waiting for others to "save you". I used to be like that until I started going out alone (concerts, drinking) and even if I chat up/bang a chick or make friends during the night, I prefer the freedom of being out and about on my own.
>>
File: 342323443533.png (186KB, 375x374px) Image search: [Google]
342323443533.png
186KB, 375x374px
>>18598302
>culture, sense of humour, kill the shyness
how do i do this? especially the last two

>>18598310
>if I chat up/bang a chick
how do you do this? i've tried going out, and girls are there with friends and it's usually a loud environment and i can't speak loud enough for others to hear me
>>
Bumping relevant thread.
>>
>>18594087
just be yourself
>>
>>18595986
lmao, does your girlfriend tell you to behave around her faggot friends?
also you seem very angry about pol
did they hurt your ego?

why don't you forget pol for a second and ask your grandfather, the head of your family, about what to and what not to respect?
forget the internet, ask your father, I wonder what will he say to shatter your fucking bubble
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.