[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so I'm in a bit of a situation right now. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: phil-collins[1].jpg (25KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
phil-collins[1].jpg
25KB, 620x400px
Alright, so I'm in a bit of a situation right now. I've been in a relationship with a wonderful guy for a little over a year now. Being together has improved my quality of life in many ways and I sincerely believe there is a chance we could be together for many years if not life. Now, here's where the issues begin.

My boyfriend has been living with his grandma to stay away from his abusive mother. (Yes, I have met her.) Recently, the people at her facility have let it be known that he is not allowed to live with her on the premises due to it being for retired people only. So effectively, he will be homeless unless he goes back to live with his drug-addicted mother who verbally berates him on a regular basis. Her house also looks like something out of Ravenholm from Half Life 2.

I've recently moved back into my parents house after rooming with a friend for a couple years. They aren't particularly gay friendly, especially my dad. They do not know that I am homosexual and it is my goal to keep it that way for as long as I can. I've been preparing to move out into a one-bedroom place with my boyfriend within the next month or two, however, my dad sincerely thinks I need to stay with them and go for my bachelor's degree. While this is obviously the most logical choice, my hand is essentially being forced to take care of the one I love. My plans to move out have not been a secret, but I have disguised my directive as a need for independence. I dare not risk telling them the truth.

I know lots of people on here won't take me serious because I'm a faggot, but I really don't have anybody wise I can talk to about this sort of thing in my life. What would be some good ways to deal with this situation?
>>
>>18593908
Why can't you move together with your boyfriend AND go for bachelor's degree?
Also what's the worst thing that can happen if you come out to your parents?
>>
>>18593908
even though you are a faggot you're also a man. move in with your bf and get your degree. don't come out if you don't see an immediate net benefit

the biggest potential issue here is the 1-bedroom thing, it gets psychologically cramped
>>
>>18594739
That's what I'm planning on doing. I just fear that eventually things are going to add up. I don't want to just end up being "the gay son" for my whole life.
>>18594745
You and the guy above you are right. I really do need to just do it once I am able. My plan is to get a warehouse job somewhere around Indianapolis and coast off the money until I can find something better.
>>
>>18595315
Shits scary OP but you'll make it
Can you get other roommates to help bring the cost down? Is your bf helping pay for rent?
How long have you been together?
There is nothing wrong with making decisions that protect your loved ones but make sure he loves you in return and isn't using you or just keeps you around to fuck or some superficial reason. Because you are making a huge decision for him
>>
>>18595326
Yes, he will be helping to pay the rent once he's able to get a job where we are. We have been together since September of last year. There isn't a doubt in my mind that it goes both ways.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.