[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to college in northern california in the bay area.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: cammy.jpg (43KB, 542x640px) Image search: [Google]
cammy.jpg
43KB, 542x640px
I'm going to college in northern california in the bay area. Now i've never been popular or universally liked but i want to change that now that i have a fresh start. I know impressions are everything so what should i do first to really get my foot in the door socially?
>>
No one cares about popularity at university. There isn't a 'cool kids' group, everyone just does their own thing with their friends.
>>
>>18593423
It depends on your social goals, what sort of people you want to be friends with. I did this exact thing one year ago btw
>>
File: mutlikyu.png (69KB, 540x226px) Image search: [Google]
mutlikyu.png
69KB, 540x226px
>>18593428
as that may be i still want to have a very large social circle. humans are social animals after all
>>
>>18593429
um I'm a pretty big music and gaming nerd so i think the alt/gamer/nerd would be the most relatable
>>
>>18593434
If you have a large social circle at university, all of those relationships will be superficial, meaning that they won't be good, intimate ones.

Humans being social animals doesn't mean that we need as many friends as possible either.
>>
>>18593442
The only way to make close intimate friendships is to first have a ton of shallow ones so that you find people who have potential for the real thing. Good luck throwing a couple darts at a wall and finding perfect friends first try
>>
>>18593441
>wants to have a large social circle
>among the least sociable groups of people
>>
>>18593451
Do what you want, I'm not going to sit and argue with you about this.
>>
>>18593441
What school? Your college will probably have a "gamer club" of some sort, full of autists. But, if thats your type of crowd..
>>
>>18593456
>>18593466
oh shit bad choice then. what do you guys reccomend? I'll change it if it heps
>>
>>18593471
Is it SJSU?
>>
>>18593478
UCD bby
>>
>>18593482
Farm land! Where you from?
>>
>>18593494
i lived with my uncle and sister in arizona even though to be fair we moved around alot in his RV
>>
>>18593505
my advice would be to never say no to social things and never hangout for too long in your room alone. It's easy to meet new people in college, and eventually you will have met enough that you will know who you want to pursue further relationships with, and it will become clear how to do so.
>>
>>18593522
got it so just stay outa my room and go to any social gathering
>>
>>18593525
Yes. Meaningful friendship is a numbers game. It's easy to become friends with a person, but difficult to find someone you would want to be close with.
>>
File: SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE.jpg (30KB, 329x395px) Image search: [Google]
SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE.jpg
30KB, 329x395px
>>18593543
ah how hard can close relationships be. I mean i've never been in one but im sure it'll be fine
>>
>>18593549
It's not easy man. I was in your shoes exactly. About 200 acquaintances, and 6 months later, I ended up with a couple close friends. Just never give up, no matter how many people you get sick of or who reject you
>>
>>18593482
Nice, UCSB reporting in
>>
>>18593434
Find some friends but abandon your high school politics. Everyone in uni is an adult and in debt. There's no time to be "cool"
>>
>>18593423
GOOD LORD WHAT'S HER NAME
>>
>>18593423
Go to a lot of parties, have fun, maybe join some groups who do sports/trips/art/nerd stuff
>>
>>18593434
Judging from your pic, you like pokemon. Time to get better taste in games for one thing.
>>
File: actually me it seems.jpg (27KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
actually me it seems.jpg
27KB, 480x515px
>>18593882
hey man to each his own. what do you like?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.