[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend is Mexican and we've been dating for 3 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

File: received_734975256688082.jpg (46KB, 656x621px) Image search: [Google]
received_734975256688082.jpg
46KB, 656x621px
My boyfriend is Mexican and we've been dating for 3 months now. He grew up in Canada amd I'm Canadian as well. He wants to take me to mexico for a week or two (very badly). Is this a dangerous enough place that I shouldn't go with someone I've only known 3 months? Should I ask that we only go to tourist areas?

I'm a very small, white woman. I trust my boyfriend but I don't trust the country or my ability to take care of myself there if something went wrong.

Any advice?
>>
>>18593115
Do not go OP. No fooling and I have been to Mexico dozens of times and as a white male won't go now. Doesn't matter if its a tourist area or not and especially only knowing the guy 3 months and never met any of his family or friends in Mexico.
>>
Once you are an hot away from the border it is a mostly normal place. The border towns can be full of crime and ghettos though so be careful.
If you fly then you probably wont have any real issues. Be smart and be safe. Dont do anything you wouldn't do in you own country, and make sure you know some Spanish at least. There are plenty of tourist towns that may know English, but ut will help a lot
>>
>>18593115
If you're not attached to your head then by all means have fun
>>
>>18593142
This post is just overflowing with lies.
>>
>>18593146
An hour away*

Also I should mention that it is dangerous to assume you are safe anywhere. Stay with people you trust. If it sounds sketchy it probably is.

Just a warning. The sex trafficking business is strong there so dont get kidnapped
>>
>>18593142
Actually I have met all his cousins and uncles from mexico. They came down for a week and I had dinner with them last month.

Can you go into any details why you didn't like going?
>>
>>18593151
No it is not. I have traveled solo all over the world and been to some very dangerous places and Mexico is trouble now. I love Mexico, every corner, and its such a shame.
>>
>>18593151
Lies for which side though? I've heard it's nice, I know spanish, have met some of his family there. But I've also heard things about crime as well. The Americans have been going on about this stuff since trump ran. And I'm a young woman so it worries me.

My biggest fear is that since he's from mexico he will not stick to the tourist and safe stuff.

Hes from Acapulco. Is this a good or bad location?
>>
>>18593115

Maybe. I would go with someone I know better. Maybe start planning for it now to go in a few months?

Don't go to border towns, unless your boyfriend has family there. Those cities are dangerous if you don't have a local with you.

If you go somewhere like Mexico City, Monterrey, or Cancun - you should be fine.
>>
I went to los algodones last year which is a tourist town. I would say it was pretty safe as there where armed guards all over the place both American and Mexican. There where also a ton of tourists so nothing would happen that wouldn't be seen.

If you do decide to go then my only advice is to practice haggling and saying no if you are one of those people that have trouble doing so. You will have people trying to peddle their goods constantly.
>>
before my dad retired, he did a great deal of business in northern mexico.

He was in some of the more dangerous parts of mexico, over the course of 2003-2015 he probably made over a hundred M-R trips.

He only ever found himself in one conflict and that was when a drug cartel directly threatened one of the facilities to pay protection money(this was just out of Monterrey and happened in 2014).

General advice, avoid touristy areas, do not go out at night, do not ever present that you have money. Stay with trusted fluent people and you should be fine. Your mileage may vary, a few areas have very little police presence or corrupted police.
>>
>>18593169
Where in Mexico are they?

I have close friends the wife is Mexican and they sold their home in an exclusive gated community in Monterrey because they were frightened and won't go back. This is not like in Mexico City where you need a wall and iron gate with wire atop the outer walls but what had been safe Monterrey in a very wealthy enclave with private security.
>>
whats his profession? and yours?

dont lie, its important.
>>
>>18593182
>Hes from Acapulco
Acapulco is rough now. Years ago I could drive from the DF to Acapulco alone but not now.
>>
>>18593201
Acapulco
>>
>>18593202
He does renevations
I'm a server

Why is that important?
>>
>3 months
>mexican
>wants at all costs to take you to mexico
its like you dont know how to read red flags.

enjoy being in the headlines.
>>
>>18593205
I just responded Acapulco has cartel killings that have taken tourist out as well. Been up and down the coast and traveled alone but I wouldn't go now. Its the cartel turf battles, crooked police and military.
>>
mexican here, DON'T GO TO ACAPULCO, even mexican don't want to go to acapulco
>>
Holy fuck you guys are retarded. Like 99% of the developed world.
You will find trouble where you look for it. Maybe dont go to the shitty parts of town at midnight or buy drugs from strangers, or flaunt money or wealth in ghettos.

Im a white dude who has traveled all over central and south america. I have NEVER had any issues because i have common fucking sense.

You guys sound like youre scared of leaving your basements, much less your country.
>>
>>18593323
>>18593359

These conflicting answers are the reason I'm asking for advice in the first place....
>>
>>18593200
>He only ever found himself in one conflict and that was when a drug cartel directly threatened one of the facilities to pay protection money
What did he do about it?
>>
>>18593359
>Im a white dude
>dude
There is a key difference between you and OP
>>
>>18593798
Are you 18 years old?
The shit you see on the news is always overblown, whether its about Canada, or the USA, or a war abroad. Terrifying shit is always more news worthy. If you ever go to poorer countries, you will only find trouble where you look for it.
>>
>>18593115
>white girl
>Mexican boyfriend

You deserve whatever happens to you down there.
>>
>>18593798
no the whole country is fucked up, but Acapulco is a no-go zone again
DO NOT GO TO ACAPULCO
>>
>>18593115
How small?
>>
>>18593839
If white men weren't such bitches nowadays I wouldnt have to date other races.

Refer to: Getting offended by a stranger's choice of partner online
>>
>>18593115
Don't go anywhere with anyone you don't know

especially no Mexico aka "I'm white please kidnap and sell me to sex slavery"
>>
Hey OP, don't listen to these fools.

>be me
>ex boyfriend is Mexican from Mexico City
>went to Mexico with him after knowing each other about a year
>filthy, polluted, over populated
>amazing culture, amazing food, amazing people

Be careful of who you are going with. Make sure you know a lot about this guy, it's a little early to be making a big trip like that with him. Otherwise, go! It's an amazing place. Just don't go out alone obviously.

T. Female that stayed in Mexico City a month, didn't get raped, mugged, or kidnapped
>>
>>18593115
Mexican here.

What seems sketchy is that you guys have only been together for 3 months.

Where exactly are you guys going? If you guys go to a touristy area you're pretty much fine.

If he wants to take you somewhere in the middle of nowhere I'd be sketched out.

Where are you guys going to exactly?

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico. And I can confirm that border towns are usually safer (with the exception of Ciudad Juarez), because they're overflowing with American tourists. For example thousands of Americans party in Tijuana every weekend because the drinking age is 18.
>>
>>18593115
Live a little. How often do you get to visit another country?
>>
Only 3 months together? FUCK no, dont go to another country for a 3 month relationship
>>
>>18593151
fuck off MIDF
>>
>>18593209
seeing if you have good organs to steal
>>
I have been visiting Mexico for years (female), nothing ever happened to me.

I love Guanajuato, Sonora, Jalisco, Michoacan.

Beautiful people, amazing country.

Just don't be stupid, You'll be fine.
>>
>>18593885
Fuck off.
>>
>>18593115
Depends on how big your tits are.
>>
I was born and raised in the city they caught el chapo a while ago, yes, its obviously not "safe" but to think youll be kidnapped just because youre white is ridiculous as there are also many white mexicans and it could happen anywhere, not just mexico but i still wouldnt trust a dude of a 3 month relationship specially if hes being so pushy about you going to fucking acapulco
>>
I live in Mexico and I'm white, fuck off. If it is an extended stay please get a decent hold of spanish in case anything happens and just know that people will want American and Canadian money because the peso is almost worthless. So I would stay quiet in shops.
>>18593885
Mexicans ARE white dumbass, some are just mixed with natives more than others.
Also, maybe this is a little too soon and sudden?
>>
it'll be fine
>>
>>18594406
The most famous White Mexican is George Zimmerman
>>
>>18593115
Wow the pinnacle of ignorance right here in a paragraph
>>
The dodgy thing here isn't Mexico or Mexico's security, it's the fact you've known someone for 3 months and you're already at that sort of comfort level. Maybe take a step back a little bit.
>>
>>18593142
I'm a small Korean dude and I had no problems at all when traveling to Mexico, even at bars.

Where did you go?
(I also went with a bunch of white/Mexican dudes)
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-06-03-24-43.png (521KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-06-03-24-43.png
521KB, 854x480px
I'm mexican ask me anything
>>
>>18595376
Why do you guys put corn in everything?
>>
>>18593115
Meskin here. Well, the most dangerous parts of Mexico are along the borders. If he's wanting to take you to central Mexico, it'll be okay. If ya'll go to Jalisco, it'll be even better cause most of the women there are blonde with blue eyes lol. Don't be stupid and stay out too late in the streets, you'll be fine.
>>
>>18595376
Can you send me some blanco pozole y tacos al pastor por favor
>>18595393
They put corn in ice cream. So weird.
>>
>>18594406
>WE WUZ WHITE N SHIT
Nice try, beaner.
>>
>>18593169
Mexico is fucking awesome.
Just go. Everything there is delicious as fuuuuckkkkkk
>>
Most of my family left Mexico because of cartel violence. My sister now works with child refugees who come from Mexico seeking safety after their entire family gets slaughtered.
I love Mexico, I don't say this from a place of hate or racism like some people, but please believe me when I say you should not go there.

No it's not a warzone or guaranteed death, but I bet every person you meet will have a story about a time a cousin/friend/uncle was kidnapped or killed by cartels.

At the very least travel to other countries first to make sure he doesn't get stupid or drunk first because as a mexican he is MORE likely than you, as an anglo, to get murdered.
>>
>>18595453
I also don't think OP has had a real front row seat to macho culture. Sure her by grew up in Canada but in Mexico a woman is property, rich or poor. Hell there are areas victims are forced to marry their rapist or the rapist marries to avoid punishment.
>>
>>18595453
>>18595483
I have a lot of friends from mexico and what the fuck are you talking about. Most are from Chihuahua and DF but seriously. It's not the best place to be if you're poor but it's far far far from a fucking death wish.

Fucking go to south chicago if you want that.
>>
>>18595759
and they treat their wives and gf's like fucking shit but heaven help her if some other guy speaks to her. That fun drunk Mexican will beat the fuck out of her and kill the other mutherfucker. Chihuahua, fuck, talk about blood feuds. They'll kill every male in a family for a slight.
>>
"Mexicans hate women" "women are property"

Go and vote for a "grabbing by the pussy" president.

Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>>18595774
My friends are female and they love their husbands.

My ex was mexican and she was literally insane though. BPD.
>>
>>18595977
Wanted to add though...

What WAS a problem was how fucking RACIST so many Mexicans seem to be. They absolutely despise white people. I caught so much shit from my ex's friends and followers for being white.SHE caught shit for being with a white guy. She would catch shit for even recognizing white culture, specifically american culture.
>>
File: faggot police.jpg (56KB, 386x411px) Image search: [Google]
faggot police.jpg
56KB, 386x411px
>>18593885
Go fuck yourself. You had to go and generalize all of us because of one asshole's comment? You really are a massive fucking cunt OP. I really don't give a shit who the fuck you date as I am actually dating a Latina. You are just such a massive fucking cunt.
>>
You've only been together 3 months. It's too early.
>>
>>18593115
Mexican here, post pic of him and ill tell you if he is a cartel member or not
>>
>>18593115

I'm white and have been all over Mexico. Mexico is so fucking great in so many ways. There is no danger unless maybe you go to a really shitty part and walk around with a gold watch on and brag about money.

Stop watching so much Fox News.

Ideas like this make me sad, the world is so great and people are afraid to see it.
>>
>3 months
>wants to go to Acapulco

If I were you OP, I wouldn't do it. Mostly because of the small amount of time that you've known each other and now you're visiting his culture which is entirely different from Canadian culture. I would give it a couple of months.

Although if you truly love and trust him enough to visit Acapulco, then at least read up the pre-war and also the contemporary culture of Acapulco so you know what you're getting yourself into.

It's pretty interesting how a town can go from a place from prosperity to a living nightmare in a couple years
>>
>>18595995
Weird. My boyfriend says all his family love my light eyes and its a very sexy thing to them
>>
>>18593115
I fucking hate you Kayla.
I just want you to know that.
>>
THE PYRAMIDS ARE FUN TO VISIT

MAKE SURE YOU HOP ON LEGIT COMPANY TAXIS

THE STREET VENDORS WILL SAY ANYTHING TO SELL YOU THIER NIK NAKS

CANCUN IS THE ONLY SECURE TOURIST ATTRACTION

DONT TRUST THE MEN ON BICYCLES INSISTING THAT YOU VISIT "THIER" SPECIFIC TOURIST SITE

ONLY HYDRATE WITH BOTTLED WATER AVOID THE TAP
>>
>>18595939
>t. Salty spic
>>
>>18593115
Mexicans are some of the biggest racist. Mexico is a shit hole not suited for 1st world people. My friend was almost killed there in a botched robbery.
>>
File: trump-wall-.jpg (18KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
trump-wall-.jpg
18KB, 300x223px
>>18595939
We both know mexicans are sexist and don't respect women.
>>
>>18593839
You can bet the Mexican is 30 and OP is in her teens
>>
>>18593115
A murder in Mexico every 20 minutes

http://www.newsweek.com/crime-mexico-murder-rate-reaches-record-high-and-nobody-talking-about-it-628193
>>
>>18597901
Still safer than Detroit.
>>
>>18597888
The ages in these sort of relationships vary; but it is without a doubt that OP doesn't have a good relationship with her father.
>>
>>18597468
Wrong name but that's cool. You look like you're coping well.
>>
>>18593885
but you are wrong.
all you do is give attention to nonwhite men and everybody has to keep quiet about your shit because of racism. if you gave your own men a chance to act they would. you dont understand how the other races use the implicit threat of violence to control you and me.
>>
also dont leave your boyfriends side at all when you are there.
the density of loose crazy killers is higher than USA
>>
>>18593885
>bitches
Go back to r9k, virgin.
>>
>>18597962
This is a good point, and very probable.
>>
>>18598682
>implicit threat of violence

Stop being a scared little bitch.
>>
If you're even remotely triggered by the patriarchy prepare for a good dose of sexism, most of Latin America is still like that. Two women together are "alone" unless they are with a man. If you are traveling alone, getting catcalls is the best you can hope for. People will make fun of you just for being white, but "it's just a prank bro".
Other than that, as long as you go out with your boyfriend and don't go to sketchy parts of town, it'll be safe.
>>
Don't be stupid Mexico is a hell hole
. If the gangs don't get you the cartels will. Why did you think people risk their lives to leave.
>>
>>18593115

>A fucking leaf.

Just reported you to the police for online racism. You'll receive 100 lashes and 100 apologies to go with them.

You'll also be heavily fined because rapefugees need shelter damnit.

>I trust my boyfriend but I don't trust the country or my ability to take care of myself there if something went wrong.

This is pretty much what every commie bitch thinks.

>I trust those rapefugees, I just don't trust their country or their "bad home training". Instead, we should be them ALL here (let's face it, I just want a pet house nigger again, but this time people will tell me I'm a good person for doing it).
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.