[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents go berserk if I don't phone them at least once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 800px_COLOURBOX4828036.jpg (57KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
800px_COLOURBOX4828036.jpg
57KB, 800x530px
My parents go berserk if I don't phone them at least once a day, everyday. I'm a 26 year old man and I've been living away from home for four years now. It's driving me nuts but they refuse to let it budge. If I don't call, they phone me ten or twenty times and have even driven across the country to my place. I've had enough and it's driving me mad. What do I do?
>>
Are you still dependent on them financially or otherwise?
>>
>>18592717
Not really. They keep putting money in my account even when I tell them not to, and I send it back to them.
>>
>>18592712
don't contact them and the next time they show up at your place calmly phone the police in front of them making it explicitly clear that you are doing so
>>
>>18592726
Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve threatening to call the Police on my parents?
>>
>>18592797
yes, don't threaten, just dial
>>
>>18592726
lol, That is some horrible advice.

Have you told your parents how you felt? Most of the time when these sort of things go on it's because one party doesn't make it clear to the other how they feel. Tell them you're an adult now with a busy life and you can't always set aside time to call them every day. You're not a child and you can take care of yourself. Let them know you appreciate their concern but you want to be independent and their constant calling is disrupting that.
>>
>>18592712
Turn your phone off. When they turn up pretend you're not home.

This isn't rocket surgery. You can tell them you won't be available for a few days beforehand if you think it will help.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.