[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried asking this on /fit/, but they were just complete cunts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Tried asking this on /fit/, but they were just complete cunts about it, so I thought I'd post here.

What do I do if I'm too shy to go gym lads?

How do I build muscle with bodyweight exercises?

Also, I'm trying to lose weight simultaneously. Should I work out while I lose weight, or lose the weight first?
>>
>>18592709
Buy your own weights
Cheaper than gym membership
>>
>>18592709
If you think you need a gym to get fit the problem is in your head
which it always is
and yeah you already know the remedy: get fit
>but muh feels

And you didn't think you were a cunt?
>>
>>18592709
>snowflake is melting

go to the gym loser, you're not special no one will look at you
>>
>>18592754
>all these feels
name one person who is fit who didn't suffer hardship and doubt

Get through what you have to, don't linger on the past and overcome. Take little steps. Breathe. Smile. Walk.
>>
>>18592709
Body weight routine.
http://www.manvsweight.com/calisthenics-exercises/
And
https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/training-each-muscle-group-3-times-per-week/

Sure it wont be as fast as the gym route, but also it is harder to harm yourself that way. Maybe after you will be able to do actual pull ups, you will have enough courage to try the gym.

Or >>18592715 this.

Losing weight is 90% diet. Do cardio instead to get the heart and cardio gains. What are muscles good for when you cant even climb stairs without hearth attack? Swimming is best. Walking works too, but you want fastet pace on long distance.
>>
>>18592709
go to the gym when its the most empty. or stop being a little bitch. You will find no one gives a shit when you go to a gym. your just being insecure. If you want to look better, body weight exercise do jack shit.
>>
>>18592709

You give up gym, that is going to fuck up your health (yes, gyms are a scam), and you set for a sport in which you compete individually.

You can try tennis, if you want little interaction, or you can go with olympic weightlifting if you want still to build a great body (actually more functional and good looking than the shit ones from gyms) without interacting with too much people.
>>
I am a fit guys, so I'll try to keep the self loathing that people there project onto others from this.

If you are too shy to go to the gym, your best bet is to go to a common outdoor place that is local to you that people exercise at; sets of stairs, hilly paths, walking trails... stuff like that. You want to blend in but while being amongst people.

Building muscle is a progressive overload activity. Body weight stuff is awesome as a way to get into the habit of a routine and being active. It's going to take AGES to be ripped like people in movies and shit, but the quickest way to gain strength and muscle mass is to add weight to lifts/exercises. Curling the same 20lb dumbbells will not make you have bigger arms after a while.

Losing weight is simply a matter of eating 'correctly'. You can't over exercise a bad diet. Also, you can change body composition more easily than building muscle whilst losing weight. The difference is that a person that weighs 200lb at 30% body fat is very, very different from a person at 15% body fat at 200lb.

If you want and, as an example, you need to just eat less. If you want to just not get winded running up a flight of stairs, or carry heavy shit when helping someone move, overall fitness isn't too centered of pure body weight.

That being said, if you are a pretty heavy guy like I am (185cm at 115 kg) you just want to eat a high protein diet and slowly lose weight. You want to keep the muscle mass you have and just burn the fat you have on your body. You will get slightly to significantly stronger but your muscle mass will not go up by a huge amount.
>>
>>18592709
calisthenics my man, better then a gym as well for rapid gains
>>
>>18592709
Same way people did it before gyms
Running/walking, swimming, working, sports and using your own weights or your body as a weight

Losing weight and building basic muscles is incredibly easy and everyone knows basically how to do it, the problem is of course on the mental side
>>
For one you shouldn't keep running from your problems. Face your fear of going to the gym and things will be easier for you.

Unless you're making a conscious effort to actively fuck with people at the gym, no one is going to care what you do. Everyone is focused on their own workout. So long as you practice proper gym etiquette (which boils down to not being a thoughtless fucktard) no one is going to care. The gym is a place where people workout. Much the same as a library is a place where people go to read.

You don't get nervous when you go to the library do you? No. Because you know that all you need to do is be quiet and no one will give a shit. Same concept at the gym. Don't be a cunt and no one will care.
>>
>>18593271
>Update
This is a perfect way of looking at it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.